Knockranny House Hotel
The Wyatt Hotel(Westport)
Hotel Westport(Westport)
Harbour Mill(Westport)
1,522 results
All reviewsgrand deluxe roombrehon barla fougerecroagh patrickspa salveomaster suitebeautiful hoteljacuzzi bathtop classspa areasmoked salmonopen fireclew baystandard roomfamily weddingwedding receptionbar menu
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My wife , son and I recently stayed for 2 nights in the Knockranny. AS always, we were treated royally by the excellent staff. The food was great, both breakfast and dinner. Take a bow, Chef Séamus Commons!
My son's single room was even better than our double room. Best single I've ever seen. He had views in two directions, including Croagh Patrick. Our view was northwards, nothing to complain about.
Knockranny House is on top of a hill, overlooking Westport, the sea and mountains. The view for the Restaurant, Bar and Terrace is wonderful, taking in the mountains and islands of Clew Bay, all the way to Clare Island.
It was my first time in the Vitality pool and ancillaries - lovely place to spend an hour.
All in all, a brilliant stay, not for the first time!
PS: I left my phone charger after me. I was delighted that the hotel returned it to my home by post, Thanks for everything!

Room Tip: Looks like most rooms have a good view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We came as a party of four. My Wife and our two friends.

We have travelled all around Ireland (as we live on the Island) and have travelled to South America and Europe.
We are "The Four Amigos" (a name we call ourselves).

Enough about us.

Were do I START TO EXPOUND Killranny House Hotel and Spa.

I shall tell you in *.
Hotel ******
Staff ******
Management ******
Rooms ******
CHEF ****** *
Food ****** *
I never believed in "top Chef's" I do in one. He is the top Chef of Connaught Province.

The Staff can at times pre think that wish you need. They are so courteous and helpful.
The grounds feel as if you are at home.

I could go on and on and on but Hey! Why spoil your HOLIDAY go see for yourself.

I will leave you with a few (Honestly) a Few Photographs.

From Guests who have now become friends with The Hotel and Staff.

Room Tip: Ask for 3rd Floor Room 302 (mine) or 301 . Looks over Westport and Clew Bay and of course "Oul Reekie" = CROAGH PATRICK (Mountain of St Patrick). Slainte Macarra.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tom I
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Where will we go to for a break? The answer always falls between Donegal and Mayo. If it's Mayo then it's always Westport and if it's Westport it's always Knockranny House. Their rates are always reasonable and the quality of food, hospitality and service is always top class.

Room Tip: Look for a room with a view of the Reek. If one is available it will be "the icing on the cake".
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We recently stayed here for a friends wedding for two nights and we had a super stay. As soon as you pull up to it, you are instantly wowed. It has a great pool and spa facility, a great bonus to the hotel. A lovely open fire greets guests on arrival and gives out such a homely feel.

We were upgraded to a suite, so the room was extremely spacious. The showers were fab, the knock spots off your back kind of one, loved it. The beds were extremely comfortable and spacious. Had a great two nights sleep.

We had breakfast in the restaurant both mornings and were lucky to get a seat by the bay window with amazing views, including Croagh Patrick.

Its just a short trip to Westport, where there is no shortage of amazing things to do.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2014

i had a really great stay here at the knockranny. it is a very big hotel / resort, with a lot of great things to offer during your stay. i was there for a wedding, and it was nice after a long night out to have a great comfortable bed to fall into. hotel beds can feel a bit uncomfortable at times, but i thought this one was great, almost like sleeping in a cloud, especially with the down comforters. the staff were always helpful and accommodating. if you are taking the train to westport and are staying at the knockranny, make sure you arrange for transportation to the hotel. it is a difficult walk to the hotel, walking up and up a hill from the train station. if you drove, well, your life was made just a bit easier! but all in all, i had a great stay. there is a running trail so you can see another side of westport outside of the hotel, which was great to take in the fresh air after a fun night out. oh and cannot forget the free breakfast, which was delish! that also helps after a fun night out.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends