“great weekend”

The Adventure Islands
Ranked #2 of 15 Tours in Westport
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Collanmore Island Lodge has so much to do and see, so if your looking for things to do in Westport call us, the likelyhood is that we have something to suit you, your family or your group. We are based on Collanmore Island which is an 12 minute's drive from Westport. Here we run most of our sea sports and training school programs. We have many different activities for you to sample when looking for things to do in or around Westport where the scenery is only breathtaking the air is fresh and the welcomes are famous.Our adventure company provides everything from Dinghy & Cruiser Sailing, Deep Sea Fishing, Sea-Safari Power Boat Rides, Scuba Diving, Wind Surfing, Kite Surfing, Stand Up Paddle Boarding, Kayaking, Water Skiing, Wake Boarding, Combat Games, Archery, Bike, Horse & Mountain trekking. So whether your staying in Westport or coming to the town for a visit make sure you call us or visit us on our website to book something exciting to do whileThings to do in Westport – The adventure capital of Ireland.At “The Adventure Islands” and Collanmore Island Lodge we encourage you to experience the fun, exhilaration and camaraderie of our adventure activity programs in safe, well managed environs. As Westport is the Adventure Capital Of Ireland there are always plenty of things to do in relation to Adventure Sports and Activities. There are things to do in Westport for schools groups, corporate groups, clubs, family’s, individual thrill seekers or quieter mountain walkers, sport teams who want to a change of environment or couples who want to have fun together. If it’s not water sports your into we also cater for those who prefer to stay closer to land. So whether its an adrenalin rush you’re looking for, fun with all your mates, corporate team building or simply enjoyable mountain, horse or bike trekking with some of the most picturesque scenery on the planet as a backdrop then you’ve come to the right place. We also have lots to offer families, children and schools at our Collanmore Island Lodge base.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“great weekend”
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Hi, I headed down there for the weekend with a few friends, and it was great. Instructors were really helpful. Scenery is incredible, the only way to see Clew Bay is from the water. I plan to back again. Go h-iontach ar fad!
Ciarán

2 Thank Ciarmurray

Dublin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Had a Fantastic Time”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Had an absolutely brilliant time with The Adventure Islands last weekend. I was down there for my hen party and went sailing, kayaking and wake-boarding. The guides were fantastic, so friendly and helpful and gave me a day that I will remember for the rest of my life. It was also great value considering we spent most of the day out on the island. I have done a lot of travelling around and can honestly say that this is one of the best activities I have ever done and would recommend it to everyone. I will definitely be back!

2 Thank Angela B
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Family time on The adventure Island”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Had an amazing time on the adventure island and in westport with their laser clay and laser paintball, kids still raving about it (12 and 14) Super super people running it. Highly recommend. We all got stuck in and had a fantastic trip. Will definitely return. For all we experienced and equipment got great value...

Visited March 2012
1 Thank donal k
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“amazing”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Such a wonderful day spend in the westport house. I've never played laser game before, and the instructors make you feel so confident. I really enjoyed and I think next time I will be in westport I'll defintly come back to the adventure island.

1 Thank Carole H
Kilkeel, null, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent venue ,great fun , learnt a new skill”
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We took a mid-week in Westport lots to do, great people, good craic, found The Adventure Islands and went sailing and paddle boating, the guide was excellent and for first timers we had a blast.

Visited March 2012
JennyQ_TAI, Manager at The Adventure Islands, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Thanks for the Review, we enjoyed the day also, super weather.