“Chicken soup for the mind, body and soul...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Westport
Cloona Health Retreat
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I left Cloona this past Friday feeling better than I have in months. It's difficult to overstate the dual benefits of the physical and digital detox - I feel happier, lighter and (more superficially) look far better! Dhara and his extraordinary team - Caitriona, Rose, Gavin, Donal and Jackie - excel at what they do - and the passion they bring to Cloona is what makes it so exceptional. The warmth of the welcome never ceases to amaze... and the attention to detail in the programme and the facilities is consistently excellent. Go!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank London_Sinead

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Quite simply this is the real thing. If you are serious about detox and weight loss you can't consider anywhere else in Ireland. Dhara knows his stuff and his program is fantastic.. The location lends itself to total relaxation. Turn off your phone and enjoy.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank GaryOwenAgain
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I would recommend Cloona to anybody and everybody. The weekend was unlike any other I've had. A complete switch off from the busy world & life we all lead these days, and a chance to reflect and get back to basic living. The whole program is very well planned out - I particularly enjoyed the walks in the beautiful scenery. The back massages in the evening were most welcome also :) I'd recommend the Tibetan Singing Bowls as an additional treatment. Many thanks to Dhara and the team.... I'm looking forward to my next visit already

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank SerenDeeb
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My first time to visit Cloona Health Centre, doing the detox/weight loss programme and it was so worth while. From the fabulous scenic walks to the yoga sessions each day, together with the optional treatments which I would highly recommend, it was all very reviving.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Marie904
Reviewed 3 January 2014

FIrst week of December; my fifth visit to Cloona; this time for weight loss programme. Dhara remains a true inspiration with his gentle but firm manner and helpful hints on how to make walking a pleasure. Catriona, the yoga teacher maintains a high standard each time and Donal, deep tissue masseur is the best I've had anywhere. The expertise of the staff combined with the peaceful surroundings, excellent, healthy and freshly prepared food make Cloona very special indeed. The group size (max 12) is just about right and the evening sauna rounds off the day perfectly. This is not a spa resort folks, this is the real thing. Just try it.

Room Tip: There are only a few en-suite rooms which are quickly booked up. The rest are just as cosy but you h...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan I
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I have a wonderful but challenging 5 day weight loss programme. The food was very good - I was never hungry. The walks, yoga, meditation, massage and other treatments were fantastic. I felt really good and healthy when I left...a good start to my change of life style. The other participants were good fun too - we were all different but got on with one another. I would recommend it to anyone. The accomodation is very good and homely and in a good way ...not over the top.

Room Tip: The rooms that are not ensuite are not too bad but if you prefer to have your own bathroom it may be...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ddrdalton
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I headed off to Cloona on 1st Dec with some trepidation, I had intended to go much earlier in the year, how time flies!! I love being there but the thought of going is something else, I was on a 5 day weight loss programme because that was the week that suited me. I loved the walking twice a day, probably 10km between morning and evening, I had started two weeks earlier as suggested by Rose and was very happy with my fitness and I have managed to keep it up since I came back. The Yoga was brillant as well including the Laghoo, however I hav'nt been as good at keeping that up (sorry Catriona). Even the 2 days juicing wasn't as bad as I expected although I missed the warming soups on those days. Overall it was a great experience, the only disappointment was that I didn't lose any weight despite the exercise and juicing (and I didn't cheat as suggested by my husband). I think this was because of the relatively high sugar content with all the fruit and the apple juice in the juicing days. However I achieved my main objective which was to get my fitness back and to have a rest before Christmas from wheat and dairy.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo