“Great Stay”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Westport
Hillsborough Co Down
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed from 8/04/14-10/04/14 and found the staff very helpful and friendly and were made special from the moment we entered the hotel.Rooms are clean very quiet and comfortable and rooms were being updated. The evening meal and breakfasts and restaurant staff was excellant It is an ideal location for the beautiful Westport and surrounding Co Mayo Even when we left the hotel was great because my wife left her bathrobe and when I rang they checked and posted to our address in N Ireland

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
194Anne, General Manager at Westport Coast Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your Westport Coast experience with other tripadvisor users. We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our rooms comfortable, dining experience excellent and staff friendly and helpful. We greatly look forward to welcoming you back

Sinead Conway

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
Tipperary, Ireland
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We stayed here last weekend, have to say the staff are lovley and friendly and made you feel very welcome from the moment you walked into the hotel. Rooms are clean and very comfortable.It's an ideal location to stay at if you are considering climbing Croagh Patrick..Food was really good and excellent views from Dining room.. A Taxi would be recommended if considering going into Westport as It is quite a long walk .The only glitch I had was the smoke alarm going off on the Sat morning of our stay,an apology wouldn't have went astray other than that everything was great a good place to stay......

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Sinead C, General Manager at Westport Coast Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Guest

I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am grateful that you took the time to share your experience with others. I would like to sincerely apologise for the disturbance which you experienced as a result of the fire alarm sounding which I assure you was not intentional and beyond our control and I regret that you did not receive an apology at the time for this disturbance. I would like to thank you for your kind comments about your dining experience and our staff and It will give me great pleasure to pass on your kind comments to all involved.

Looking forward to your next stay

Kindest Regards

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I had booked a 2 night break Thursday / Friday based on a voucher which allocated a harbour view room that I had booked 6 weeks in advance. Room allocated was with a view of the wall of the car park, on entering the room (door was open) the table was turned upside down with the top outside the door!! Returned to Reception to inform them & to query the Harbour view as requested, they was unaware of what happened with table & was informed that no room with view was available as I had not booked it in time. I asked them to check the booking & pointed out that I had requested the harbour view when making the booking 6 weeks earlier. Little effort was made to meet our request it was like a take it or leave it attitude until I insisted they check the request by email & even then they would only concede to moving us the next day to harbour view room. The Receptionist returned to the room to view table etc & then contacted house keeping to be told that some work was ongoinf in the rooms, I would have thought that this should have been known before room was allocated!!
We were then allocated room next door with a promise of another room next day. This room we discovered had a hair dryer in bathroom with no nozzle. The phone in the room had no receiver which we discovered when fire alarm went off on Sunday morning at 8:30am, tried to phone reception to request fire alarm be checked, this then left a panicked exit from room by both of us. Overall not a hotel I would recommend or return to any time soon.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
194Anne, General Manager at Westport Coast Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
I was most disappointed to read your review and to learn of the problems which you experienced during your recent stay with us here at the Westport Coast Hotel and I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologise for the disappointment you experienced.
I am truly sorry that we did not have a harbour view room available as requested on the night you arrived and I can assure you that every effort was made by the receptionist on duty but as all theses rooms were already occupied she had no alternative other than to offer to move you to one the following day.
I am also sorry that when you went up to your room you found that you were allocated a room that maintenance were working in.
I am always saddened when a guest is unhappy with any aspect of their stay and I regret that I did not have the opportunity to meet and speak to you in person to address these issues which you have highlighted. Please feel free to contact me personally to discuss the matter further at gm@westportcoasthotel.ie .

Crossmaglen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed in this hotel Saturday night 5th April 2014, after traveling from Crossmaglen Co Armagh to climb Croagh Patrick for a local charity. Have to say that the Hotel was excellent, the rooms were first class and the beds were very comfortable. The dinner and breakfast were beautiful and very filling and the staff were very friendly. This is a annual climb and I am pretty sure we will staying there again next year

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us here in The Westport Coast Hotel and we would like to thank you for sharing your experience with others. Its always good to get feed back from our guests and particularly when its as positive as yours. I would like to thank you for your kind comments about our food, rooms and staff and we truly look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back in the not to distant future.
Crossmaglen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I am literally speechless at the service that I received from this hotel. I organised a group of over 50 people to stay within this hotel over the weekend. From the moment I contacted the Westport Coast hotel I knew I was in very professional hands. The dinner and breakfast was fabulous, and there was a wide range of meals to choose from. The rooms were spotless and spacious, and room changes (even on the day) were not an issue with the receptions. The location of this hotel was perfect for us as it was close to Croagh Patrick and handy to access the town centre. The staff bent over backwards to help everyone within my group. I cannot sing enough praises for this hotel, everything was perfect!! I now cannot wait for next year to go back to the Westport Coast Hotel with an even bigger group...

Room Tip: Definitely stay in the Westport Coast Hotel. I stayed her March 2013 and returned this month (April...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Paula M
Dear Paula

Thank you for choosing the Westport Coast hotel as the venue for your group holiday. I was delighted to learnt that yourself and your group enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the rooms spotless & spacious, dining experience fabulous and location perfect. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your custom and we greatly look forward to welcoming you back next year for another enjoyable break.

Kindest Regards
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I spent there one night with my partner and we loved the hotel. Complimentary bycicles and pool. Also we were given an extra hr in the morning without an additional charge (maybe depends on seasonal accupancy).. Breakfast was good too, but if your vegitarian, make sure to mention that on the order card for room service. Take a ride around park for Westport House, its beautiful place. If travelling with kids, they will have play area and park to run around.

1 Thank margaret160583
Dear Margaret

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your experience of our hotel with others. I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had the opportunity to avail of our complimentary bicycles which are always a popular choice with our guests. Situated at the harbor and just a short walk from the gates of the beautiful Westport House we are an ideal base for guests wishing to explore Westport and the surrounding areas.
We greatly look forward to your next visit.

Kind Regards
Galway
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Lovely hotel, rooms basic enough. Pool was great I highly recommend as it was nice an warm and not busy. Food was fab here. Had my sisters wedding and it was brilliant. Bit pricey but beautiful location.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
194Anne, General Manager at Westport Coast Hotel, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of The Westport Coast Hotel with other TripAdvisor users. A wedding is such a magical and wonderful day and particularly when its a close family member so It was great to learn that you had a brilliant day at your sister wedding and we wish the newly married couple many years of good health and happiness. I was also delighted to learn that you enjoyed the food, pool and location.

We greatly look forward to welcoming you back
Kind Regards