“Fantastic.”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Westport
Dublin, Ireland
“Fantastic.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

We booked for two nights and extended our stay. Great Location. Loads of work being carried out, new beds and carpets in the bedrooms. Well done - the Westport Coast will be fabulous with all the improvements planned. Wonderful Breakfast and Dinner. Great, great staff in all sections of the Hotel and Spa. Everyone was so helpful and kind. We will be back for sure.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Sinead C, General Manager at Westport Coast Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of The Westport Coast Hotel with others. I was delighted to learn that you had enjoyed your break with us so much that you decided to extend your stay. I would like to thank you for your kind comments in relation to your dining experience and our staff and it will give me great pleasure to pass on your comments to all involved.
Looking forward to welcoming you back
Sinead Conway

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Louth, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Went to this hotel at end of March. 2adults and 2 kids was €50 B&B. Fantastic price. Hotel stay was great from start to finish. All staff were very helpful. Room was large and comfortable and clean. Food was nice and plentiful. Pool area was clean and warm. Kids were very welcome in hotel. Hope to visit again soon.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest.

I was delighted to read your recent review and I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with others. I would like to thank you for your kind comments in regards to your dining experience, Family room, Leisure Facilities and our dedicated staff.
Looking forward to welcoming yourself and your family back again soon

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Had 2 nights b&b and an evening meal deal booked for a relaxing break with my other half over Easter. Plan was to climb Croagh Patrick then do some chilling in the pool. Unfortunately we both came down with flu so spent most of our 2 days in bed. Hence my room disappointment, view straight out on car park/dumping ground for renovations. Everything was clean and tidy, but v cramped, no little luxuries, pretty covers or the nice touches you'd expect from a four star hotel (not even a wee packet of custard creams on the tea tray). Would have been fine had we been out & about but spent a lot of time there staring at plain white walls. Room v warm even with heat off, had to leave windows open all night, which wasn't the quietest.
Evening meal on first night in upstairs restaurant was lovely, deal included 3 courses (plus bread plus a little amuse bouche) so was fantastic value & all so tasty. Waitress very friendly & chatty & the restaurant with views of the mountain/sea and fire lit in the corner was so cosy.
On top of hotel renovations, Roadworks out the front ongoing so not the nice, relaxing view I had checked out on google maps before we went. Not hotel fault at all of course... Overall perhaps at another time this might be the perfect spot, just didn't live up to expectations on this occasion.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MrsBooninety
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor and for your comments which provided both positive and negative feedback for us to work on. I was most disappointed to learn that you were unwell during your stay with us and that as a result spent most of your time with us in bed and unable to enjoy the many facilities which the hotel and surrounding area has to offer. I trust you are now feeling better? Here at The Westport Coast Hotel we are currently in the process of updating all our guest bedrooms and are confident that once this is complete we will not just meet your expectations but exceed them.
I would like to thank you for your kind comments about your dining experience and our staff and I will ensure your comments are passed on to all involved.
Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back for a more relaxing and enjoyable stay in the not too distant future

Washington, DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Just returned from 4 nights here with extended family. We had 4 hotel rooms and other family who stayed close by also met us here for meals. The new ownership does seem focused on making improvements: all the mattresses are new and we found the beds very comfortable. I can only imagine future improvements are coming. The location really cannot be beat. We have stayed in the main part of town before but found being at the Harbor wonderful! Great views in this area, we walked to Westport House for activities several times and easy walk to a couple of great pubs. The food at the hotel is good (not superior but perfectly good) and easy to be served at any time of day in the bar area. The breakfast is nice and a very filling buffet which is what you want when breakfast is included. We had a parking area "view" but we didn't mind. There were road works out front and parking area noise early in the morning but none of that is the hotel's fault and if you stay in a touristy area, you can expect some of that! The lobby is comfortable and it was nice to see groups hanging out there in the evening. We had a full Easter luncheon in honor our my mother in law's 80th birthday upstairs and the staff were very nice and helped make the celebration special. My family had a "Family Room" with one double and two single beds and it worked perfectly for us and has a spacious bathroom. I would like to see the bathroom lights changed so that it doesn't take so long for the light to come on! We would stay here again. Good price and great location with all the services you might want from a holiday stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Sinead C, General Manager at Westport Coast Hotel, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of The Westport Coast Hotel with others. I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate your mother in law on the occasion of her 80th Birthday and wish her many more years of good health and happiness.

As you have already mentioned we are under new management we are fully focused on making improvements to enhance our customers experience.

I would like to thank you for your kind feedback and we greatly look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming yourself and your family back in the not to distant future

Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights last week & we were abit apprehensive on arrival as there seemed to be a lot construction work going on inside and outside the hotel. We eat in the Coast bar and we were served by a lovely waitress Michelle who could not do enough for us and every request we had was no trouble at all. We found a lovely bar down the road called the helm, with traditional Irish music! The next morning we had breakfast on the 4th floor with amazing views, Amanda dealt my dietary requirements & advised us on the local attractions in the area. Overall we will definitely return to this hotel when all the renovations are complete but what made our short break was the staff! 5 stars!!

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest

I was delighted to ready your recent review and I would like to thank your for sharing your experience with others. Its always so rewarding to learn that a guest has enjoyed their stay with us and that they will return.

I would like to thank you for your kind comments about Amanda & Michelle who are indeed an asset to our team and it will give me great pleasure to pass on your kind comments to them and indeed all involved in making your stay an enjoyable experience.

Looking forward to welcoming you back

EIre
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

My family and I really enjoyed our stay at the Westport Coast Hotel last month. The rooms were clean and comfortable and spacious. We had a celebration dinner in the Blue Wave Restaurant was thoroughly enjoyed by all. We even had some extra courses thrown in - "compliments of the chef" which were very tasty. After our meal, we enjoyed a few drinks in the bar where there was some live music.

The breakfast in the morning was both tasty and plentiful and the view from the restaurant was beautiful.

The children in our group were delighted with the pool (as were some of the adults!)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest

I am most grateful that you took the time to post your review on tripadvisor and for sharing your experience with others,
Its always good to learn that a guest has enjoyed their family break with us and found the rooms comfortable and spacious.

I was also delighted to learn that you enjoyed your celebration dinner in our blue wave restaurant.

Looking forward to welcoming you back on the occasion of your next stay

Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

This hotel was a big let down for us, we booked a one night relaxing stay following on from an active holiday in Achill.

We initially booked the hotel 4 weeks before we were planning on staying, it wasn't till we arrived on good Friday that we were informed that there we renovation works going on. We checked in after 3pm to find the corridor outside our room full of building materials and waste, doors which had been replaced were laying against the wall. When we got into our room it seemed nice, however we were quickly disturbed by the noise of the workmen, banging and scrapping in the room next to us. We contacted reception and were soon moved to a "quieter" room with a view of the water.

We took the opportunity to go and use the leisure facilities, only to find there were no free lockers (despite only a handful of people in the pool) the steam room was out of service and there was no jacuzzi in sight, we could still here the noise of the workmen and machinery whilst at the pool. We are really glad we did not book a spa treatment as the noise would have been torture.

On returning to our room, there was a family with young children in the room next to us, there was no sound proofing between the two rooms, linked by an adjoining door, which was locked, we could easily hear them talking and playing and tried drowning out the noise by playing some music.

We went to the restaurant for dinner, the staff seemed very disorganised and were not able to give us prices for the meal also the phone kept ringing loudly and for long periods of time, which we found to be quite intrusive. We had booked a package which included a bottle of house wine when you ordered two courses, we went ahead and ordered 2 courses and were given a bottle of house wine. The food did come out quickly and was of really good quality.

We spent a little time in the bar before all the residents were moved upstairs to a deserted function room as the bar had to close as it was Good Friday. The staff did not seem prepared for the residents, the room was flat and unwelcoming, some loud music blared from the ceiling speakers, there was no till in the bar so the barman had to keep going to the restaurant to use the till, the atmosphere was somewhere else.

We were woken at 8am by the sound of our neighbours and their children waking up. The breakfast in the restauraunt was good. There were two ladies at reception when my wife checked out. The younger receptionist handed a bill which included the wine as an extra, when my wife queried it, the older woman on reception was adimant That the package deal was not available at the weekend, the younger more helpful receptionist rang the restaurant to check, only when I produced the booking confirmation with the offer on it did they accept that the wine was included.

I'd eat here again, but never stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cliona-and-Allan
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay with us here in The Westport Coast Hotel. I was deeply disappointed to read your comments and I would like to sincerely apologise that you were disturbed by the renovation work being carried out within the hotel. We have planned our renovations carefully and have tried to keep noise levels and inconvenience to guests to a minimum however it is obvious from your review that we failed you on the occasion of your stay and for this I am truly sorry.

I also deeply regret the disturbance which you experienced as a result of the upgrading works that are currently being carried out around the hotel and the harbour area by the local County Council and also for the disturbance which you experienced from guests in the adjoining room.

I would like to thank you for bringing to my attention the issues which you highlighted in regards to the Restaurant and Residents Bar.

I greatly regret that you left disappointed with your stay and I would appreciate if you would contact me directly at gm@westportcoasthotel.ie so we could discuss further.