Easy to find at Westport Quay, we arrived early evening & had difficulty at first in getting a space in the hotel’s free (& very tight) car park but we persisted & eventually, after several minutes, a space became available & we got parked up. Check in was quick, friendly & informative & we were quickly in our non smoking room.
The room was adequate & functional without having any exceptional qualities. A comfortable bed, tv, tea/coffee, wardrobe, dining table, smoke alarm, full length mirror, trouser press. No air con which meant that the room was very much on the too warm side. No issues with noise from inside or outside of the hotel.
Our bathroom was clean & ok, size wise, with bath, fixed head shower with good pressure & enough hot water, shaving socket, hairdryer, toiletries & towels.
Breakfast was good, served by attentive staff with full fry, cereals, toast, croissants, yoghurt, fresh fruit, cheese, cold meats, tea, coffee & fruit juice.
We ate in a local restaurant & didn’t use the hotel bar so, I can’t comment on food & drink. We didn’t use the leisure centre but we did go for a look at it & it seemed to be quite impressive, not overly busy, very clean, a pool, kids pool, sauna & steam room. Towels were provided.
In a nice location, approx 1 mile from the centre of Westport & 200 metres from the entrance to Westport House & 10 to 15 minutes drive from Croagh Patrick & the National famine monument.
A decent hotel without being anything special, I can’t put my finger on what it was that made it feel, to me, more like a good 3 star than a quality 4 star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westport Coast Hotel is Westport’s Waterfront Hotel located on the shores of Clew Bay. This superb family run hotel is located in the stunning harbour area and within walking distance of Westport Town, via the award winning Greenway. With 85 newly refurbished bright and spacious bedrooms, you have a choice of Waterfront View rooms and suites. Enjoy breakfast and dinner in our rooftop Waterfront Restaurant while taking in breathtaking views of Clewbay and Croagh Patrick. Relax in our Coast Bar which overlooks Westport Harbour and enjoy music and dancing on selected nights. Unwind in our brand new Spa Veda, Irelands premier Ayurveda Spa complete with Thermal Suite, Swimming Pool and Jacuzzi ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Westport Coast Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carlton Atlantic Coast Westport
- Hotel Carlton Atlantic Coast