“Stayed @ THW for New Years!”
Review of Hotel Westport

and 1 more site!
Hotel Westport
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Westport
Galway, Ireland
“Stayed @ THW for New Years!”
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We booked the Hotel Westport for New Years Eve and the following night. A great hotel in an excellent location and found our stay most enjoyable. There was six of us in the group and we were split into three rooms on the same floor. Meals etc (including the breakfast) were great, the only thing I found with the dinner was that the portions for the starter were fairly small. There was a great atmosphere in the hotel on New Years Eve with music etc. being provided and music was also provided the following night too. Rooms in the hotel are comfortable and clean. All in all, a great place to stay, in a nice town like Westport. Who knows, we might come back again!! GRMA!

Room Tip: Try and avoid a room facing the facing the car park/front entrance, as taxi's / cabs tend to com...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank seamushaha

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Reviewed 24 December 2011

Had my anniv there and brought our in laws excellent for everything and very pleasant staff, roll on next October 2012.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Northcc
Castlebar, Ireland
Reviewed 19 December 2011

a few neighbours and I stayed in hotel Westport for a Christmas party and it was the best ever. Mary Reilly at reception was so welcoming as were all the staff at Hotel Westport. The meal was delicious and the service was equally as good. The accomodation was so comfortable and leisure centre was so relaxing. John McNamara and the bar staff were absolutely brillant also. We will definitely be returning to Hotel Westport for another party. Many thanks to Rhona Chambers and the management for making it a night to remember. They left no stone unturned and the little extras like the magician and the spot prizes were lovely.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 30 November 2011

My family and extended family (10 adults and 5 children) recently celebrated my mothers 71st birthday at hotel westport.
We had a fantastic time in this warm, welcoming and family friendly hotel. We began as most familys with small children do, IN THE POOL. infact the children would have spent the entire weekend there if they were let. It was not all work for mun and dad as we did enjoy turns the sauna & jacuzzi. The pool was well supervised with life guard on duty which did help us relax.
Of course I was then in need of a 'hair do' which is also onsite.
We enjoyed out family meal in the restaurant, listening to the piano being played. The food was delicous. even the children to would be a little fussy ate up without complaint.
Afterwards we had drinks in the lounge and thanks to an excellent baby sitting service we danced into the early hours.
We celebrate our mothers birthday each year by all staying at a hotel, enjoying a family meal,a few drinks and a full irish breakfast together.
Hotelwestport will be hard to beat!

Room Tip: rooms at the back overlook the river and fields
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Wow! what a great weekend we had at Hotel Wesport. From the time we checked in on Friday evening to the time we checked out yesterday. Our weekend was just great, there was so much laughter, We had fun, fun, fun! All of the women just kept telling me what a great time they were having and how fantastic the staff were, I did ask them all to fill in comment cards and give the feed back to the hotel. I hope they followed through on that! I filled in a card myself but just wanted to touch base with you and give you some feed back which I hope you will pass on to the staff and management.
The hotel staff were fantastic, very friendly and accommodating and so professional. It seemed like they just could'nt do enough for us. This was my experience over all, whether I was in the bar, the restaurant for breakfast, at reception or just meeting someone in the lift or in a corridor.
The reception ladies get a huge thumbs up. They were fantastic, warm, friendly and very welcoming and all the time smiling and having a bit of banter while carrying out their duties to a very high standard. They were so nice, no request was too much for them, if they could help in any way, they did! I really felt like I was saying goodbye to new friends when I left the hotel. Being the first people that you meet and deal with when you walk through the doors of any establishment, it is very important to have a really good experience, it can really set the tone for your stay. It was a joy to deal with the reception staff. Hotel Westport certainly have a great front line team.. I have to give a special mention to Rhona and Sheila who did great work introducing the fun element to the weekend. From the welcome reception on Friday night with Marilyn making an appearance and handing out Mojitos, to the team walk around the town on Saturday and getting our photo's from same up on screen for the Masquerade dinner on Saturday night, they certainly made a huge effort to create a fun atmosphere for us and we really appreciated it. The Masquerade night was great, the tables were so well presented. The dinner was really lovely and the menu had some great choices. The champagne reception was an unexpected surprise and we all had a great laugh at the photos with the captions that Rhona and her team put to them. Unfortunately I never got to use the leisure suite, I did'nt even get down to see it, I was too busy having fun! so I cannot comment on that facility, although I have no doubt it is great and in keeping with the rest of the hotel standards.
The little extras over the weekend really did make it that bit more intimate and special, the cocktails on Friday, the team walk around town and the little prizes for the funniest photos, all of which were displayed and then the champagne reception. There was a huge effort made on the part of Hotel Westport staff to make our stay the most enjoyable and pleasent it could be. I never heard one negative comment from anyone it was all good, they could'nt say enough in praise of the staff and hotel and already they are talking about signing up for the next one.
Thank you so much Eithne for organising my room with the fruit platter and the lovely welcoming card, it was such a nice touch and the room itself was fantastic, very spacious and just so relaxing.
I am looking forward to my next stay at Hotel Westport and hopefully we will be able to bring more business down to you when the rest of the women hear what a great time they missed out on. Here's to the next Women's Purple weekend!

Noeleen

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Doolin, Ireland
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Just returned from a very exjoyable stay in Hotel Westport as part of a large Coast Guard conference. Staff catered for us all very well even though it was very busy over the weekend. Food was served efficiently and in a friendly manner. Rooms are very comfortable and, like a previous reviewer, we found it a little on the warm side also but we simply turned off our radiator. I find hotels generally are overheated. Westport town is lovely and if you have time to spare give Croagh Patrick a try, views are breathtaking. Thank you all so much

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank rainbowhostel
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Stayed here on Nov 1st. All good but room too warm as it was incredibly mild and heating on full blast. Best thing however was the hairdresser, a lovely lady who fitted me in even though she was about to leave for lunch? I think. Best blowdry I have ever had.

• Stayed November 2011