1,375 results
All reviews panda club premier room river walk leisure centre kids club town centre family hotel lovely hotel bar food the ground floor breakfast and dinner family break tea coffee last weekend night break enjoyable stay top class
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here for three nights and the staff were efficent and very helpful and friendly. The food was excellent and reasonably priced. The menu on the breakfast table outlined everything there was for breakfast including fresh fish if wanted. Our room was comfortable with plenty of coffee and tea and enough channels to watch on the tv.Whilst the room needed decorating everything was clean and the cleaning staff were in every morning. I would recommend this Hotel as we found it very good value for money.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I Booked a 3 night stay in a business Executive for herself a little guy (5yrs). On arrival the receptionist very pleasant. Got to room and was taken aback. Double + 2 singles rather dated and basic, bathroom very dated. Asked to be changed to different room with two beds, that was done but was carbon copy of previous. Logged on website and saw that they had put me in a standard (twice). Asked receptionist to confirm my room which she did, apology followed and was given executive room as per my booking. Huge difference, like being in a different hotel. NOTE, ALL THE ROOMS SHOULD BE LIKE THIS. Arrived at breakfast was met by girl in suit
(presume one of the managers) and told, sure you know where everything is by now i'm sure, so help yourself. Again, you should know your guests, attention to detail is what keeps most people coming back. Went to playroom on three occasions over the weekend and was locked, it should have been open . Only found it by accident on the way to pool, a sign would not go astray. This was odd as there was a huge banner advertising family friendly hotel etc in the reception area and was main reason for picking hotel. Food was quiet good and Bar staff very friendly. Pool was very clean and little lad loved it. Westport is a lovely place and im sure the hotel does quiet well but to be honest I left a little disappointed and won't be in a rush back to part with hard earned earnings.

Room tip: Business executive - big difference to the standard.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank David F
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Myself and my husband stayed here for 1 night before a wedding in a near by hotel the room was very dated I mean it is still a 4 star so the rooms should be a standard 4 star but the room was more of a 2 star at best breakfast was basic overall the hotel could do with a good clean and a revamp

Date of stay: October 2013
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
8  Thank Lisasul
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Enjoyed a lovely break last week in Westport, climded Croagh Patrick and cycled The Green Way while staying at Hotel Westport. I would recommend Hotel Westport to everyone. From the minute we stepped inside the reception door we were shown exceptional hospitality and all everything was lovely. The staff throughout the hotel were really very nice. There is also a lovely river walk to the town centre which only take 5mins. Would have no hesitation in recomending Hotel Westport, it is also well signposted and we had no trouble finding it.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We booked at the last minute and they could accommodate a family of four with a family room with a double bed and two singles. The room was clean and comfortable. There was plenty of room. Even though there was a wedding reception downstairs the room was quiet. The only noise was guests leaving the carpark.

The breakfast was huge with a chef serving great hot food. Even though the kitchen was very busy there was little wait for the food and no wait for a table.

We had dinner in the restaurant downstairs which was tasty and the service was good. Again the restaurant was busy but we were served quickly.

We knew nothing about Westport and ended up there by chance but I would recommend both the hotel and the town for a visit. It is great stop between Dublin on the way to Connemara.

Date of stay: September 2013