1,306 results
All reviewspanda clubpremier roomriver walkleisure centrekids clubtown centrefamily hotelbar foodthe ground floorwalk in showerbreakfast and dinnerlovely hotelfamily breaktea coffeelast weekendenjoyable stayshort break
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This Hotel was fin, although a bit dated- we were there in October. Many of the rooms do not have AC and it was warm. The staff is nice and the food is good. The best part of it, is that you can walk into the town of Westport which is lovely. There are great restaurants and shops and we heard fantastic traditional music on the Saturday night at a pub in town- Hobar's.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have balconies
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My boyfriend had decided to whisk me away on a surprise weekend, and after some sneaky investigating had found out that Westport is a favourite of mine. However, he booked the Hotel Wesport which was a place I had never stayed in before. I'm a creature of habit and like the same places so was a little out of place that he had booked a hotel I had never stayed in before. However from the minute we entered Hotel Wesport I was immediately at ease and felt very welcome.

The reception was busy, but the covered the necessary requirements (key, how to get to our room etc). I was in love with the room, the shower area was just MASSIVE!! The overall decor and layout of the room was absolutely gorgeous and we had a balcony too. Having left the kids behind, we had forgotten it was still midterm and there were a lot of families staying there. All were amazingly well managed and the kid's club looked really cool too. We tried our hand at a bit of crazy golf but there were too many mini golfers there to compete with! Nothing to complain about though.

Every person we met that worked at the hotel were nothing short of amazing. Genuinely friendly, very happy to talk and cater for anything we needed and I honestly cannot fault anything or anyone associated with the hotel. I also saw the General Manager at breakfast and he personally greeted some return visitors by name, which was a lovely thing to see. I am disappointed to see some less than favourable reviews of this hotel, as a person who is very picky about hotels and the overall experience, I can honestly say that I had the best visit ever, and I can say hand on heart that this will be my hotel of choice each and every time we stay in Westport. A sincere thanks to all of the staff for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank podge76
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Stayed here in a group of 8 over the 1st to 3rd of November.Got down early on Fri and we were greeted by a nice friendly lady at reception who checked us in early.The rooms are nice clean and spacious and the bathrooms are nice.There was a smell in the bathroom I think it was from the sewerage but that seemed to come and go at different times.We played golf on Fri and came back for some bar food it was ok but 3 diff pots of tea had to go back it seemed to be a problem as other guests were doing the same a foul taste of the tea.We ate here Fri night in the restaurant and it was very disappointing.The room itself is to big like a hall and too bright.2 of the 8 starters were sent back and one main course as they were cold I felt sorry for the waiter.Breakfast both mornings was very good and plenty of it.The pool is nice and clean but starting to get dated in the men's changing rooms plus the showers were freezing.We had bar food again Sat afternoon and again the tea problem hadn't been sorted.One colleagues fish was so burnt if was sent back he had a sandwich instead.So overall it was a disappointing weekend,the rooms & breakfast were fine but the restaurant wasn't up to much I would have second thoughts about going back here again.The last 2-3 times I've been to Westport I've stayed in the Plaza & Knockranny House far better hotels.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank SeanH483
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Hotel Westport is a nice base within easy walking distance of the town. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the breakfast selection was very good. Our room was clean and comfortable but was a little dated. Our shower (and that of our friend in a different room) seemed to vary in temperature for no reason. Overall, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed for 2 nights, 2 adults and 3 children- fabulous meals, great services, great pool and super attitude to guests and especially children. Oh, fantastic rooms!

What made this trip extra special was the Greenway cycle experience which is located beside the hotel-this is a superb facility for young and old.

Room Tip: Stay off the main ground floor corridor!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family