“good hotel”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Westport
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Westport
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed here last weekend, other reviews were critical of the dated decor but we found the hotel to very good. The room decor was a bit dated but the rooms were very spacious and very clean. The hotel is very centrally located with the town center only a stroll away (literally). The breakfast was excellent with locally sourced products which were of very good quality. The dining room staff were friendly and very efficient. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. I could not fault this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,139)

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I stayed in "Hotel Westport" with a friend last weekend. It was absolutely superb from start to finish. All staff are so friendly, helpful & are prepared to go the extra mile. I want to mention in particular, Aine in reception + Conor in the bar. The best thing about the hotel is that its like a home from home with excellent food & a real welcoming atmosphere. I will say, its not the most modern hotel in the world, but it does not claim to be & one thing for sure is, its clean, warm & comfortable. I can highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Westport & its well located as you can walk to & from the centre of town in less than 10 minutes.... Thanks everyone in Hotel Westport for your hospitality & for making our latest trip to Westport one to remember. Regards, Declan

Room Tip: Best tip I can give is, stay in Hotel Westport & enjoy the warmth of the welcome + the hospitali...
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Stumbled-upon a great offer for Hotel Westport in Co. Mayo and consequently had a pleasant short break. I've stayed in Westport many many times over the years so I know the town and a few of the Hotel's relatively well. However, Hotel Westport was new to me.

First things first, these guys have got their customer service 101 sussed. All the Staff are very approachable and helpful. The Hotel interior is very clean but not sterile. The room was basic but very comfortable and very very clean. The food & wine surprisingly was good. I tend to find Hotel food mediocre at best (Fish flavoured Chicken anyone?) and this was a lovely surprise. If there was a problem, the staff will not fight with you, they will fix it. In fact, I got the impression that they (The Hotel Staff) look out for problems and nip them in the bud before letting them blow up.

Don't let other people's negative reviews influence your decision on staying here. I get the feeling that every negative reviewer expected a 5 * Hotel. It's a family oriented Hotel that also caters for the mature couple. If I wanted a romantic break or bring my work crowd for a training day, I would go elsewhere.

Hotel Westport nails the family market hands-down. I felt very comfortable at breakfast and dinner with two exuberant boys. We were catered for as a family and were satisfied. This might not have been the case if I had stayed somewhere more up-market. One final remark, the Hotel was bustling and that's a great sign in a tough market. Well done Hotel Westport, we'll be back.

Room Tip: If you're unhappy with the room, go back to reception and work it out. They'll help you.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sean M
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We would recommend this Hotel to anyone.
lovely room, ( upgraded to a suite by General manager when told we were on our honeymoon) that in itself made it for us. The staff are just so warm and friendly,
the food excellent, the grounds lovely. It was just the ideal place for us, as we both just wanted to chill, and relax for a few days. It is also walking distance to town, which is good.
to Declan and all the staff of the hotel, A big thank You.

Seamus & Bridget

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This Hotel was fin, although a bit dated- we were there in October. Many of the rooms do not have AC and it was warm. The staff is nice and the food is good. The best part of it, is that you can walk into the town of Westport which is lovely. There are great restaurants and shops and we heard fantastic traditional music on the Saturday night at a pub in town- Hobar's.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have balconies
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My boyfriend had decided to whisk me away on a surprise weekend, and after some sneaky investigating had found out that Westport is a favourite of mine. However, he booked the Hotel Wesport which was a place I had never stayed in before. I'm a creature of habit and like the same places so was a little out of place that he had booked a hotel I had never stayed in before. However from the minute we entered Hotel Wesport I was immediately at ease and felt very welcome.

The reception was busy, but the covered the necessary requirements (key, how to get to our room etc). I was in love with the room, the shower area was just MASSIVE!! The overall decor and layout of the room was absolutely gorgeous and we had a balcony too. Having left the kids behind, we had forgotten it was still midterm and there were a lot of families staying there. All were amazingly well managed and the kid's club looked really cool too. We tried our hand at a bit of crazy golf but there were too many mini golfers there to compete with! Nothing to complain about though.

Every person we met that worked at the hotel were nothing short of amazing. Genuinely friendly, very happy to talk and cater for anything we needed and I honestly cannot fault anything or anyone associated with the hotel. I also saw the General Manager at breakfast and he personally greeted some return visitors by name, which was a lovely thing to see. I am disappointed to see some less than favourable reviews of this hotel, as a person who is very picky about hotels and the overall experience, I can honestly say that I had the best visit ever, and I can say hand on heart that this will be my hotel of choice each and every time we stay in Westport. A sincere thanks to all of the staff for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank podge76
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Stayed here in a group of 8 over the 1st to 3rd of November.Got down early on Fri and we were greeted by a nice friendly lady at reception who checked us in early.The rooms are nice clean and spacious and the bathrooms are nice.There was a smell in the bathroom I think it was from the sewerage but that seemed to come and go at different times.We played golf on Fri and came back for some bar food it was ok but 3 diff pots of tea had to go back it seemed to be a problem as other guests were doing the same a foul taste of the tea.We ate here Fri night in the restaurant and it was very disappointing.The room itself is to big like a hall and too bright.2 of the 8 starters were sent back and one main course as they were cold I felt sorry for the waiter.Breakfast both mornings was very good and plenty of it.The pool is nice and clean but starting to get dated in the men's changing rooms plus the showers were freezing.We had bar food again Sat afternoon and again the tea problem hadn't been sorted.One colleagues fish was so burnt if was sent back he had a sandwich instead.So overall it was a disappointing weekend,the rooms & breakfast were fine but the restaurant wasn't up to much I would have second thoughts about going back here again.The last 2-3 times I've been to Westport I've stayed in the Plaza & Knockranny House far better hotels.

1  Thank SeanH483