“Can't wait to go back”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Westport
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Westport
Reviewed 13 June 2010

Stayed in Hotel Westport for my sisters 40th Birthday. There were six of us, sisters sisters in law and my mother. We upgraded, for only €10 euro each, and the rooms were lovely. big bright spotless and modern but not OTT. They did not charge for my mother and sister - the birthday girl. The best part of the weekend was the staff and their friendliness, helpfulness and professionalism from first phone call to goodbye.
We were also organising for the men of the family and all teh children to come and meet us for lunch on the Sunday
Included in our package was an hour of Spa Treatments. there was about three treatments and this is my only small complaint - that was to rushed and more a marketing ploy. When we go again I will ask for one long unrushed treatment.
We are already planning to go there for my sister in laws 30th.
It is close to town so we could stroll there or there is a river side walk - difficult when we were there due to frost but sooooooooooooo beautiful.
Thank you Hotel Westport for a wonderful 40th birthday for my sister.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 June 2010

Just back from a family break for my mam's 65th birthday, I would really recommend the Hotel Westport. The service is very good, the staff are really friendly particulary the receptionists. We were on a deal that included 1 evening meal and the meal was lovely, limited choice but food and service was very good! The restaurant staff brought the birthday cake which we had ordered down to mam singing 'happy birthday 'which really made her night! The rooms are lovely and very clean, comfortable and well equipped. We requested a smoking room and it had a balcony with table and chairs with a river view. The hotel is in a very peaceful setting...river, trees etc and the only noise you could hear was the birdies tweeting! A 5 minute stroll along the river walk will bring you right into westport town were the craic is great. The Porter House pub is buzzing and great if you like traditional music! We went for a swim and jacuzzi, sauna etc in the leisure centre at the hotel, unfortunately we hadn't the time to try out the spa......maybe next time!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2010

Stayed at Hotel Westport with a group of friends who were part of a hen party. Each one of us agreed that the hotel was a great choice, convenient to town, helpful staff, with beautiful spacious rooms. Would highly recommend it and look forward to going back in the future.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2010

The accommodation in Hotel Westport was excellent. However, I have to say that my stay here was ruined by the treatment in the Ocean Spirit Spa and Waves hairdressers located on site. To begin with, the treatment I received was not the one I had booked so my time was cut by 30 mins. The 'rush-job' treatment I received was sloppy, sore and unacceptable. e.g my mini-manicure did not even result in my nails filed properly and I was told my skin was dreadful. The hairdresser told me I had terrible split-ends and to 'be careful'!! I came out of the experience very very upset. I complained at the reception only to be told that my therapist was the Spa Manager !! I was told the complaint would be passed on to reception of the main hotel. However, when I was checking out the following day, no report had been made. Very disappointed with the experience and paid €65 for an utterly horendous 90 mins of torture. Do NOT go to this spa. (P.S. I had travelled with 5 friends, all of whom were disappointed with the level of service here.)

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank cathysligo
Reviewed 20 April 2010

Staying in Hotel Westport from the 16th to 18th April 2010. My plans were to head to Budapest but the volcano Ash situation found my flight grounded. Plan number 2, stay in Ireland and find a place to stay. What luck that Volcano erupted as I would not have had the opportunity to stay in this great hotel. Never before have i experienced such customer service. Every member of staff were friendly, helpful and smiling all day long. the rooms were ample, clean and fresh. The breakfast was excellent with lots of choice. The hotel was a short walk into the town with lots of shops, pubs and entertainment. We travelled to Achill Island and drove the Atlantic View which was breathtaking. The second day we travelled to Mellefont Abbey again a magnificent sight. All in all the West of Ireland has much more to offer than the average tourist might imagine. Go on give it a go, we did, and we were delighted with our entire stay.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2010

From the moment we walked into the hotel I felt relaxed. We had never tried a family break in a hotel before ( as my two boys can be a bit noisy!) , but no problem here. Lovely hotel, kiddies club, great family rooms (premier rooms). with mini fridge and flat screen tellies. The staff are friendly and very helpful. It is a high standard 4 star hotel, nothing gubby. One of my pet hates is worn carpets or just that slightly worn out feeling in a hotel, but everything in Hotel westport is new and spotless. The family bathroom was beautiful with a huge deep bath and seperate shower. The main plus for us was that our 5 yr was kept entertained in the Panda Club - our 3 year old could join in under our supervision and then at nite our 3 yr old could go to the cubs corner from 6 to eight and my husband and I could have a meal or a few drinks in the bar. There is also a babysitting service if you want to go out later. Every family friendly facility is there to ensure all the family can have a break. We had a great Easter week end and would recommend it to all my family and friends. p.s. wesport is also a lovely place, if you have older kids you could get out more and explore the area

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2010

Hotel is well located and seems to have good facilities although didnt use the leisure facilities myself. The rooms are a bit dark and the lighting is poor. The rooms are large but quite dated, especially the bathrooms. I would not recommend the breakfast. It was not very tasteful, cold (even though we got their early), and everything seemed very greasy. Compared to other places we stayed, the quality of the breakfast was very poor although there was plenty of choice.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple