“Brilliant”

Ranked #2 of 49 things to do in Westport
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Terrific scenery, some of the best I've seen and I'm from Killarney! Fabulous beaches and dramatic cliffs, truly unmissable.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Keem/Silver strand are exceptional beaches.
My "best beaches" iPhone App told me so.
My personal experience confirms this.
Don't drive the Atlantic Drive though.
Hire or bring bikes.
So much nicer as a mode of transport and the Island is completely bike friendly.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I always love visiting Achill island and it never ever disappoints. With it's lovely blue flag beaches and amazing scenery I'm always captivated. The scenery is out of this world. Always always worth a visit and always worth the one and half hour trip from Ballina, Mayo.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

A beautiful drive. The stunning views kept us going and going and going. Go as far as you can and there is a wonderful beach. I know how Leonardo DiCaprio's Richard felt now !!!!!!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

What a wonderful trip, absolutely fantastic scenery in the west of Ireland. The weather also made a difference as the sun was shining every day. We started in Kerry and drove along the coast, stayed in The Galway Bay Hotel and the next day paid a visit to the Aran Islands with Aer Aran. From there we drove through Connemara and then on to Achill Island. The scenery was just breathtaking.We stayed in The Achill Head Hotel and were treated like royalty,the food was excellent and not at all expensive. Overall a very enjoyable trip and would love to do it again someday..

1  Thank tRoode