“Fabulous customer service, facilities, food and childrens entertainment.”

The Castlecourt Hotel
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Westport
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights with my mum and 2 and a half year old daughter and we all enjoyed the holiday tremendously! We had a lovely room and the manager had left some beautiful handmade chocolates and a birthday card in our room as i mentioned on booking that our stay was my mums birthday treat-a lovely touch! The hotel was fully booked and had a great atmosphere without compromising on service. The pool and jacuzzi were a great hit and didn't appear too chaotic considering the hotel was fully booked. Nothing was too large a task for the hotel staff from heating milk for my little girl after 10pm to providing excellent advice on things to do in the local area or delivering a fridge to the room or posting my phone charger to me when i forgot it (this arrived the next day so thanks Valerie in housekeeping!:) ) There was also a kids club for older children every day and a creche which we could avail of free of charge when we needed a minute to get organised and the staff were very helpful and friendly. This runs during most scholl holidays i gather. I have stayed in many hotels throughout Ireland and the castlecourt alongside their sister hotel the westport plaza remain unrivalled. The food in the orchard restaurant was exceptional and the service from Didier in particular was perfection! The breakfast was plentiful and faultless and overall the service received made this experience stand out above all others. I will definitely be back with my husband next year. thanks to all for a lovely holiday! :)

Room Tip: I was in a second floor room which was fine but you can get rooms with four poster beds and jacuzzi...

Reviewed 25 August 2011

We had a three night break recently at this hotel; myself, hubby and two boys aged 7 and 13. Everyone came away happy! The hotel has a super wee kids club called 'The Buzz' headed up by Karen and a great team of girls. It operated from about 10am till 3, then again from 5ish till 9 if the kids wanted more, and had lots of fun, varied things going on for the kids, including a complimentary packed lunch of their choice. My kids loved it and this meant hubby and I had a bit of 'me' time to make use of the excellent spa, gym and pool. We kept late afternoon and early evening free to enjoy the pool together as a family; the kids are allowed in it until 8pm so we usually booked the 8pm dining slot which helped us make the most of the day and the facilities.The kids club was free and you could liase with the leaders about shorter hours or specific meet-up areas to fit in with your own plans for the family. Great idea and the kids team were super. Hi guys, greetings from Steven and Hula Hoop Peter! We stayed on a half board basis and found the food to be excellent. The kids' menu included minute steak as well as the usual choices. A great breakfast meant you rarely needed much for lunchtime. The family room had proper beds, no bed-setees and housekeeping was excellent. No view other than a roof-top but maybe paying for an upgrade would give a more interesting outlook. Very central location; we never used the car once we had it installed in the handy underground carpark. We got lucky with the weather and had a super day out at nearby Westport House, which again has something for all the family. The hotel check-in and out was very efficient and the staff were welcoming whilst professional. One particular member of restaurant staff who stood out for us was the charming Didier, who is indeed a credit to the team and ethos of the Castle Court Hotel.Thank you all for a lovely visit. from the Maguire family, Portrush, N.I..

Reviewed 25 August 2011

While reading some of the positive reviews on the Castlecourt Hotel I was beginning to wonder if we (my wife and I) were staying in the same hotel. Our experience was:
Poor room: Poor service: Staff gave us the feeling of "Anything will do". Not sorry to leave.
Definitely not impressed.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank barneymccarron
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Decent, well-run hotel. Room was not ready until 3pm but we used the swimming pool in the meantime. Large, clean pool with different areas for kids of all ages and good jacuzzi. Mens changing room was clean, though locks on many lockers didn't work nor did the swimsuit spinning machine. Bedroom was spacious with very comfortable beds - we slept well. Decor was a bit uninspiring throughout hotel in my opinion. We had carvery Sunday lunch which was not great - large portions but quite bland (the chef needs to work on the tasteless gravy for a start!). Breakfast was excellent on the other hand. Service was very friendly and attentive.

1  Thank PDubya
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Just returned from a two night stay here with my wife and 4 children. We booked the family room and were pleasantly surprised by its size which was bigger than most that I have seen. The furnishings in the room and hotel in general were of good quality although shabby in places. The room didn't have a great deal of storage space which is not a huge deal but it could have been better. Room did have a nice flat screen TV with around 12 channels. Rooms also had free Wifi which was a plus. Big negative for our room was the noise from the very busy road outside which kept us awake for most of the night. The hotel had tried to add additional windows for noise reduction but rooms were very warn so you needed to keep these open (you do have a fan to keep you cool but not the same as Airco). Swimming pool was a good size and clean. Breakfasts were of good quality with plenty of choice although quality of dinner in the Orchard Restaurant was only OK. Service from the staff was friendly and helpful. Overall, the whole experience was OK but if I was in Westport again, I would probably explore other alternative 4* hotels.

Reviewed 16 August 2011

I was here for a hen party and it was very up Market for a group of raucous ladies! We weren't alone: there were three other hen groups there. While we had a ball, I'm sure normal residents weren't as happy. The Walls are paper thin so you can hear everything: the sound if next doors jacuzzi bath being turned on, people talking loudly in the corridors. But I hear the plaza sister hotel next door is the quieter of the two. Great cheesy nightclub mojos on the premisis, fab bar petie joes that does adequate bar food and good old tyme music. Breakfasts fantastic- menu service rather than buffet. Rooms mostly fantastic and some have four poster beds. Ours , room 262, had a vague damp
Smell but it wasn't too bad.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We stayed for 5 days as part of a large family group. The service was excellent, nothing was too much trouble. Our family room was spacious and cleaned daily. We had meals in the Castlecourt & the Westport Plaza and the food was excellent, breakfast set you up for the day. The swimming pool was good size & clean. We used the kids club twice which was fantastic, the kids were well supervised and really enjoyed going. The Spa was great, highly recommend the thermal suite & the rasul chamber. Central location, great bars & shops on hand. Would also recommend a trip to Old Head, lovely beach for a stroll or for kids to play. Don't have any negative points about this hotel, don't look anywhere else if going to Westport.