The Castlecourt Hotel
The Wyatt Hotel(Westport)
Hotel Westport(Westport)
Harbour Mill(Westport)
1,798 results
All reviewsfour poster bedsister hotelcastle court hotelswimming poolleisure centrelovely hotelhen partydeluxe roomreception staffspa sulatop classwedding receptionwestport plazaboth nightsfamily breaklast weekendwould highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I have to say I could not really fault this hotel. Our room was lovely and breakfast was very good. We had booked a weekend package which included three nights bed and breakfast, two evening meals and also tickets to the Westport music festival for two days. Because I had a problem with my leg we decided to leave a day early. We had only availed of one night of the evening meal so did not expect anythng extra as we decided to leave a day early at one o cloclk but we were not charged for the extra night nor the extra evening meal!! Staff were so courtous and really nice. Will definetly go back !!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Currently travelling with my mum and sister and stayed last night at the Castlecourt. We had a triple share room which was very comfortable with plenty of room. The hotel has car parking too. We had dinner next door at the Westport Plaza bar. The food and service here is excellent. Brekkie at the Castlecourt was lovely. Also the Castlecourt has wonderful artwork adorning its walls. An enjoyable stay.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Just home from a few days at the hotel and have to say this is def not a 4* hotel. We had to move rooms because the first room was musty, small and curtains had cigarette burns. The second room was ok except for the bathroom which was so old fashioned! The staff were lovely though. The breakfast wasnt very nice and we were kept awake on fri night by drunken stags and noise from the nightclub very close by! Definitely a pretty negative experience, and one that we will not be repeating, so disappointed!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Deediddle
castlecourt1, Manager at The Castlecourt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your recent stay with us in the Castlecourt Hotel.

I deeply regret that your stay was interrupted by other loud guests which unfortunately can happen on rare occasions in any hotel. We normally have staff or security on duty who monitor and check the corridors to ensure a peaceful nights rest.

I was most concerned to learn of the problems you experienced with your room, as this is not the normal feedback which we receive and I deeply regret that the standard of the room did not reach your expectations.

I would like to thank you for your favorable comments about the staff .

I deeply regret that I did not have the opportunity to speak to you in person at the time however I would greatly welcome the opportunity to restore your faith in The Castlecourt Hotel and would be most grateful if you would contact myself personally or any member of our management team as we would like to have the opportunity to make it up to you in the future.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

Just come back from a two night stay at Castlecourt Hotel. The hotel is clean and comfortable and in a very good location. This hotel has all amenities that you would think would make the perfect weekend break - apart from the stag parties! We were rudely interrupted on saturday night whilst sitting in the lounge by one of the stags that was soooo drunk he could barely speak - but could speak enough to be rude and aggressive we had to call on staff to help us remove him from our party. Then there was the sleepless night yes we paid this hotel a lot of money so that we could be awakened at 04.00hrs by constant door slamming and door banging and general rowdyness! When we checked out this morning and complained we were told that we were not alone and that staff had to take/escort some of the stags to there room due to there poor drunken condition!
The Castlecourt hotel needs to decide what type of hotel it wants to be one that caters for familys and couple weekend breaks or one thats caters for hens and stags - Castlecourt you cannot do both decide where your future lies as we will not be staying again!!!!!

Room Tip: ask to be put away from any large groups of people!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jologirl

Dear Guest,

I was most disappointed to read of the problems which you experienced during your stay and I would like to take this opportunity to apologise. I deeply regret that your stay was interrupted by other rude guests which unfortunately can happen on rare occasions in hotels. We normally have staff or security on duty who monitor and check the corridors to ensure a peaceful nights rest.

I would like to thank you for your favorable comments about the hotel and I am delighted that you found the hotel clean and comfortable and were happy with its location.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

Had a brillant few days stay in this hotel. Staff were brillant, as we had sick child and they were so helpful even helped us get a doctor. Room was brillant size to cater for our family and
clean and tidy. Colouring packs on arrival for kids were a lovely touch. Would recomend to our family and friends.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family