The Castlecourt Hotel
US$198
Clew Bay Hotel(Westport)
US$193
  • Restaurant
The Wyatt Hotel(Westport)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$148
US$278
US$220
Westport Country Lodge Hotel(Westport)(Great Value!)
US$128
Priceline
US$264
TripAdvisor
1,823 results
All reviewsfour poster bedsister hotelcastle court hotelswimming poolleisure centrelovely hotelhen partydeluxe roomreception staffspa sulatop classwedding receptionwestport plazaboth nightsfamily breaklast weekendwould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I've just celebrated my birthday in the Castlecourt and, having stayed here several times before, I have to say it just gets better and better!

The rooms are spacious and spotless, the atmosphere is perfect and the staff...well we need a new word to describe the staff because professional, friendly and helpful just aren't good enough! They are ANAZING and I have to give a special mention to the guys who looked after us in the Ashleigh Suite on Saturday night. I'm pretty sure having to put up with us was no easy task and the poor bar man who I heard was driven mad by a certain Alice in Wonderland  :)

I also have to mention the reception staff who looked after my friends and family so well (and of course my cake!)

For those considering staying here for the first time - the hotel is perfectly positioned at the start of Westport town and is ideal as a central location to all the nearby bars, restaurants and activities. I can never recommend it highly enough!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 4 November 2013

On the web this hotel looked just great, so we booked. It IS a good place to stay IF you are on a tour bus with lots of seniors! However, we were traveling alone and we are seniors! Our Deluxe room #253 was “on the back 40” and we walked forever to get to it. We had a nice four poster king bed and a couch and coffee table in the room. The bath tub was jetted which is a nice touch. The room overlooked buildings and a parking lot and the delivery trucks came daily and stopped below our room. The hotel rambled on and on and was confusing at first. The front desk staff was always so busy that it seemed as if it were a bother to help us. We stayed four nights and traveled to other places from there, so Westport was a great location to stay. We could walk to any place in the center of town which is quite picturesque. The breakfast that was included was REALLY good. There were so many choices on the buffet plus you could order a hot meal, like porridge or eggs, etc. They have a great bar, Petie Joe's, with live music and dancing, which is a real plus. We stopped by every night to listen and watch people! I used the spa for a manicure and pedicure and the young lady did a nice job and was very pleasant. As the price is right, I think this is a good choice when visiting Westport, but know that it is a tour bus hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Lovely hotel in a convenient location to enjoy the restaurants and pubs in westport.

The hotels facilities are good and the staff very friendly. They are friendly in a genuine way from which it is clear that the hotel has happy staff which makes for a pleasant relaxed environment.

Overall it would be a pleasure to return the castle court to experience more of their warm hospitality.

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Gez M
Reviewed 1 November 2013

My girlfriend and I recently stayed at the Castlecourt Hotel for two nights with breakfast. Working in the Hotel Industry myself in the AA hotel of the year i had high expectations for this hotel and it did not disappoint. The hotel was easy to find and very well located in relation to the town of Westport. The staff at reception are a credit to the hotel, as they helped with almost every need. They also told us about pubs and bars in the area as well as places of interest and things to do. The room was very clean and spacious with a large bed, and a large bathroom which had a Jacuzzi bath which was a nice touch. We ate in the Orchard restaurant on the first night and i must say the food was delicious. The staff where all very friendly, efficient and most welcoming. The breakfast was brilliant, plate service breakfast is very hard to find in hotels now in Ireland and its fantastic to see that they do it so well. The breakfast was very tasty with plenty of choice. We also received treatments in the Spa Sula which was great. The Leisure Centre was lovely, nice warm pool and jacuzzi. keep up the good work!

Room Tip: The corner rooms seem to be larger
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
castlecourt1, Manager at The Castlecourt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Guest

We were truly delighted to read your review of The Castlecourt Hotel and I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with others. I would like to thank you for your kind comments about our food, accommodation, spa and our staff. It will give me great pleasure to pass on your kind comments to all involved.

Looking forward to welcoming you back
Kindest Regards
Liz Conway
Duty Manager

Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

The castlecourt is a lovely hotel. We booked a weekend away which I added on dinner and a spa treatment. The dinner was amazing really good food as was the breakfast. My only issue was with the spa I had booked a €40 special per person for the spa. When I went to pay at the end the spa worker called Irene said 75€ per person I explained that I booked a €40 special. She said she knew nothing about this and had to charge me the full whack! I had the booking on my email but didn't bring my phone to the spa!
I was refunded the money when I checked out and the manager apologised and said the spa would ring me directly. I never got any call which was dissapointing.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
castlecourt1, Manager at The Castlecourt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Castlecourt Hotel. I was most concerned to learn of the problem which you experience in the Spa and I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologise. We have many special offers which change on a weekly basis and I deeply regret that when you went to pay you were overcharged but was delighted to learn that this was rectified at the time of check .
I was also delighted to learn that you enjoyed your dining experience with us and it will give me great pleasure to pass on your kind comments about dinner & breakfast to all involved

Looking forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back
Kindest regards