“Thank you so much”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Westport
Ratoath, Ireland
“Thank you so much”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Thank you to the Westport Hotel group and particularly the Castlecourt Hotel! I organised a group booking for 30 people for my sisters hen party and from the time I made the group booking to the weekend of the hen, the hotel couldn't have done more for us. The professional, efficient group reservation process made the whole process easy for me; I just paid the deposit and everyone paid the balance individually on arrival at the hotel. The rooms were lovely and the food was great - each morning our group got to sit together for breakfast and we were never rushed out. Then on the Saturday night we had a lovely meal and the hotel staff ,made us feel welcomed and pampered, making sure at every opportunity my sister, the hen, had a great night. There was live music in the bar on Saturday night and the disco is only a stones throw away. I cannot thank the Castlecourt hotel enough for making it such a great weekend for my sister and the whole group. I have stayed in Westport a number of times before, but I will definetly be staying in the Castlecourt any time I return to Westport. Thank you :)

Room Tip: Nobody in our group had a problem with noise - we were mostly on the second floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Caroline R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Polish first
Boston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed for 4 nights last August and had a terrible time sleeping because of the stuffiness in the rooms even though it was not warm out at all! Please note that I am not a light sleeper, but the lack of air in the room made it almost impossible to have a good night's rest.

The first room I was in was in the back of the hotel and had a roof outside the window, so it couldn't be left open for safety reasons. The hotel provided a fan but it didn't help with the stuffiness.

After the first evening, I asked to be moved to a new room where I could open a window and went out for the day. The front desk staff forgot, however, so I had to wait one more night and endured another sleepless 8 hours. I was then moved to a room in the front of the hotel and was delighted that I would be able to open the window. However, the front of the hotel is at an intersection with a traffic light that beeps for a minute to allow pedestrians to cross every couple of minutes. Try to sleep through that!

The most important aspect of a hotel is the ability to sleep and thus, I have to give it only two starts despite the beautiful sitting rooms throughout the first floor, the comfortable pub, the nice breakfast, and convenient location. Sadly, I will not be back to the Castlecourt anytime in the summer and would not recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far away from the intersection as possible but not one that has the roof outside s...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
everywhere
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I was really surprised how big the Castlecourt Hotel, Spa & Leisure is. The rooms are good, the Spa was a little disappointing because the sauna is quite small. The pool is big enough to swim. The breakfast is average.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ballygawley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

I organised this trip for a group of our seniors, accomadation excellent, rooms spotless, staff amazing,so courteous,helpful and kind, from the time i booked till we left. The food was very good, location suited our group as they could walk to the shops etc without transport. Entertainment over the week-end was fab. Great hotel and the staff were out on their own. We will be returning. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floor is much quieter
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marie N
County Offaly, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

14 of us stayed there in april 2014. The rooms big and very clean. food excellent, the best i tasted in a long time and the service in the resturant excellent. Staff in all areas very friendly and helpful. Location of hotel great espically for going out at night and access to shop by day. Would def stay there again :)

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank christeenrobinson
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Have stayed in Castlecourt a few times. The best thing is value for money and the wonderful staff. Great areas for privacy the spa is wonderful. The location is fab. Have stayed in a deluxe room with a lovely cosy four poster bed and also a standard room. Found the restaurant in the Westport Plaza nicer and more intimate.

Room Tip: Deluxe room or suite well worth a stay
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
castlecourt1, Manager at The Castlecourt Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Guest
We are most grateful that you took the time to share your experience of The Castlecourt Hotel with other tripadvisor users. Its always rewarding to learn that a guest has enjoyed their stay with us and found us to be good value for money. We greatly look forward to welcoming you back
Kind Regards
Liz Conway
Duty Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed here for a hen weekend that I organised .. Couldn't fault anything with the hotel from booking rooms and organising cocktails classes ,the staff were brilliant and very helpful . Rooms were spotless , hotel was fab and dinner we had organised for 25 people on the Saturday nite was outstanding . Highly recommend this hotel for groups and I'll definitely be heading back with my family .

Aisling .

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest
We were delighted that you took the time to review our hotel following your recent stay with us. A hen party is such an important event on the build up to a wedding and we would like to take this opportunity to send our best wishes to the bride to be on her upcoming wedding.
Cocktail classes are a popular choice with hen party's so i was delighted to learn that your group enjoyed the experience. I would like to thank you for your kind comments about our staff and i will be delighted to pass on your comments to all involved. We greatly look forward to welcoming yourself and your family back in the not too distant future
Kind Regards