I stayed at this hotel in June of this year. My partner and I arrived at about 3pm on the Friday. When we went to check in, there were already 3 other couples sitting waiting to have rooms allocated, they had already checked in. When we checked in, we were told they had to see if the rooms were ready, so we waited with everyone else for about 15 minutes.
Finally, off we went, down a long corridor on the way to our room... all the way down this corridor the room doors were open and we could see lovely, newly refurbished, modern rooms. I thought great, the rooms look good. But when we eventually got to our room, it was awful! It was a like a throwback to the 1960's..really old furniture, really old decor... After a few minutes deliberation with my partner, I decided to go up to reception to tell them i was disappointed with the room...Again I made my way back up the long corridor past all the lovely new rooms... After telling reception of my disappointment, and pointing out there were new rooms free, we were moved to the top floor to an even newer nicer room.
I simply cannot understand why a hotel would put customers in their old rooms when the new rooms are free? Surely they want to promote the newer rooms of the hotel?? But it seems not to be the case.
The food - dont even go there, it was completely appauling - burnt, old chicken wings, withery salad leaves, dried leathery chicken with some sort of a sauce that had split, and a very unrecognisable desert . I did not complain about this as I had already had about the room, I am just chalking this one up to a very bad experience. I will never return to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit us at the Westport Woods Hotel and Spa for a fun and relaxing holiday in the West of Ireland. We have a range of breaks to choose from family holidays (with free go!kids! club), themed, weekend and golden years/over 50's breaks. Our guests love the Beech Club Leisure Centre with it's swimming pool and gymnasium, the teen adventure activities on the seven acres of our private woodlands looking down upon Westport House Loch and the space to relax and enjoy a great holiday or break. Everyone enjoys the regular local evening entertainment in the Bench Café Bar. Our unique location helps us specialise in romantic and memorable Wedding Receptions, created and designed especially for each individual couple. Make an appointment with our Wedding Coordinator and she will gladly show you what we have to offer you upon your Big Day. We offer one of the few approved hotel equestrian based holiday centres in Ireland, with excellent beach and mountain packages available all year round visiting areas in Clew Bay that very few visitors rarely get to see. Check out our current and best special offers on our web site. The hotel is easy to find, just a couple of minutes drive from Westport town centre on the Quay Road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Westport Woods Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westport Woods Hotel And Spa
- Westport Woods Hotel Westport