I visited here at the weekend. All the staff we met were very friendly especially the reception staff, couldn't be more helpful and very welcoming. From the reviews I had read here I called the hotel and requested an upgraded room, unfortunately we did not get an upgraded room. The location is very convenient for town and as we were climbing Croagh Patrick it was on the right side of the town. We arrived into the room and it was clean but very very dated. The curtains were at least 30 years old, patterned and very unattractive as was the bedroom furniture. Very old and not really suitable for a hotel room. The hair dryer and TV were good though. Bathroom, again was clean but very old and certainly no frills, the towels were an off white/overused colour. One of the plugs was an old plug so could not be used for any appliances we had.
The breakfast was nice, well as nice as a buffet breakfast can be, we had to time it well as otherwise the food would be reheated, again the plates were very old and scratched.
Overall, I don't think I would recommend this hotel. The room was very big which was great but the decor was really unattractive, the rooms are not soundproof so I didn't get much sleep, I was awoken at 6am by a group knocking on doors to wake up other people.. However the staff stood out for me as being very pleasant and the location is good. We didn't pay much for the room but I feel like it is such a competitive market especially in Westport that if you search around you would get a much newer nicer place for a weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit us at the Westport Woods Hotel and Spa for a fun and relaxing holiday in the West of Ireland. We have a range of breaks to choose from family holidays (with free go!kids! club), themed, weekend and golden years/over 50's breaks. Our guests love the Beech Club Leisure Centre with it's swimming pool and gymnasium, the teen adventure activities on the seven acres of our private woodlands looking down upon Westport House Loch and the space to relax and enjoy a great holiday or break. Everyone enjoys the regular local evening entertainment in the Bench Café Bar. Our unique location helps us specialise in romantic and memorable Wedding Receptions, created and designed especially for each individual couple. Make an appointment with our Wedding Coordinator and she will gladly show you what we have to offer you upon your Big Day. We offer one of the few approved hotel equestrian based holiday centres in Ireland, with excellent beach and mountain packages available all year round visiting areas in Clew Bay that very few visitors rarely get to see. Check out our current and best special offers on our web site. The hotel is easy to find, just a couple of minutes drive from Westport town centre on the Quay Road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, Ebookers and TravelUp so you can book your Westport Woods Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westport Woods Hotel And Spa
- Westport Woods Hotel Westport