“'Our First Time' (Belfast) young couple” 4 of 5 bubbles

Westport Woods Hotel
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Westport
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
UK
“'Our First Time' (Belfast) young couple”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Myself and my partner bought a deal through living social to stay here and we were a bit dubious as we had never bought anything off this before. We arrived at 4pm for our 2 night and were directed to our room. We were pleasantly surprised at the spacious room and the facilities in it-tea, coffee towels kettle tv etc etc Place was fabulous the health club had pool jacuzzi,gym steamroom and sauna couldnt have asked for more help staff at the health club with towels provided and a euro for our locker. We had dinner at the hotel on our first night and although we had quite a long wait the food was fabulous. They had a singer in the bar area too so we didnt have to leave the hotel, went horseriding as prt of the deal and loved it! the girls were lovely and made us feel welcome, Would def go back!

Room Tip: the higher up the better
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PINKBUNNY
HumanResoucesManager, Manager at Westport Woods Hotel, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear PINKBUNNY,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at the BWP and for your wonderful feedback.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. I have shared your encouraging comments with all the team here who join me thanking you. We are all genuinely delighted and we look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back to stay with us again very soon.

Yours sincerely,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Moneymore, Londonderry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

This must be at least the fifth time I have stayed in this hotel over the years but the first since it has been taken over by the Best Western Group. It has had a make over since our last visit and is still in the middle of upgrading. The present building work did not affect me as I was on the 4th floor and was staying over the weekend. This hotel was completely booked out on the 2nd night of our stay (this was not a peak time of year) and just goes to prove that it is very popular. It caters for families, single and married as well as older couples. The spa is varied and the leisure facilities very good. There are 3 pools and a jacuzzi, as well as a steam room and sauna. I believe they have now a hot tub but I didn't get a chance to sample it. The menus are very good and the food in the bar appeals for people who may be on a budget and not in the mood for a full dinner. The rooms are clean and tidy and am able to enjoy a good nights sleep. Cannot fault this fabulous hotel and good to see a lot of the original staff still there.

Room Tip: 4th floor are the deluxe suites
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear 91Muff,

Thank you for this super feedback and for choosing to return to us. Your positive comments are most welcome and I have passed this on to all. I am fortunate enough to say that this is feedback which I receive consistently from hotel guests, particularly regarding the quality of the staff and the leisure facilities. We are so lucky to have such a wonderful team in the front office and indeed throughout the hotel.

Thank you again and hopefully we will see you again at some stage in the future.

Sincere regards,
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Booked this hotel based on the reasonable prices and good reviews on this site. Was very disappointed with the level of service and basic manners of the staff. During our stay a fire alarm went off 4 times in the middle of the night, and again earlier on in the morning, no explanations whatsoever. We had no electricity on a different night/early morning (fair enough can happen) but no attempt by staff to provide candles/alternative lighting in rooms and staff was really quite rude when we enquired what was going on. Jacuzzi was freezing cold. My mattress was incredibly incomfortable. Breakfast very average, hot food not particularly well stocked. No questions of how our stay was when checking out either.

Positives - this hotel is clean, it is central enough, in a good location and it is reasonably priced.

First time to review here, felt the need to warn others of the experience we had, as I feel the reviews of this hotel really don't reflect our experience.

Room Tip: Choose one in a different hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Countrytraveller2014
HumanResoucesManager, Manager at Westport Woods Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Countrytraveller2014,

Customer satisfaction is important to us and we will be using your feedback to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. Thank you for your comments, both positive and negative

I apologise that the power cuts, the high level of noise at night and for how you felt that the staff were not helpful or informative during these times. I believe we had a boisterous hen and stag party staying with us, which we do not encourage but at times have them in the hotel.

As you noted the hotel has a lot of very positive reviews on Tripadvisor, and I am sorry you did not experience it in the same way. Many people return to us year after year and I would be delighted if you would return to us in the future to experience the hotel as others have.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

This hotel is an absolute gem and in the perfect location to get the very best of Westport. I was in the area for work. Cosy, warm, comfortable bedroom. Gallons of hot water made for a lovely warm bath. The bar and restaurant area are spacious and welcoming with a lovely contemporary feel. There was a lovely cosy fire in the lobby the whole time I was there. I had a late and tasty dinner and an early and equally tasty breakfast - plenty of choice on a great buffet + a full Irish - set me up for the day. All the staff were really friendly - nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Skateprincess,

Thank you most sincerely for taking the time and effort to share your positive experience with us and for choosing to stay with us recently. I am delighted to see that you had such an enjoyable time.

Your feedback is most welcome and I will ensure that is passed on to all on the team. Your comments regarding the quality of the food, the service and the atmosphere is most encouraging as we invest large volumes of time focusing on this.

Thank you again and we all look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again soon.

Kindest regards
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

We arrived at about 3pm on a Saturday only to be told there were no rooms ready. Some of our party were already waiting in reception having climbed the mountain earlier, they were wet, tired and cold but told to wait in the lobby.

There was a small army of staff running around and nobody seemed to know what to do.

We decided to eat in the bar while we waited, overpriced and very slow.

All in all, a poorly run hotel.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear shanecoyne,

Thank you for your review. All customer feedback is welcomed, as it helps us to maintain the highest possible standards.

I am sorry you had a disappointing experience when you stayed with us, as we hope everyone will enjoy themselves.

Our check in time is 4pm however, guests can request an early check in prior to arrival to ensure their rooms are ready when they get here. It is unfortunate that you and your party did not do so, as we would have been delighted to arrange this, especially after climbing Croagh Patrick.

I hope that you will return to us in the future to experience the hotel as others have.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

We arrived on the Friday 21st in the afternoon family of five. .check in was fine..our room was on ground floor. .noticed we had no hot tap water in our sink mentioned it on our way to dinner at reception. .waiting staff were polite. .sadly we had to wait 4 5mins for our dinner to arrive. .kids ended up being very late to join in kids club..later that night @ 4.30am we were awoke by males shouting and knocking at our door amongst others..they moved on 10mins later very frightening..Saturday we breakfast its average. .kids enjoyed the kids club..I availed of some spa treatments. .the spa proved very disappointing. .after treatments I was left to my own devices..very cold and not very 'spa friendly' lacked alot of effort and atmosphere . swimming pool/gym clean staff friendly. .changing area very small..
Still no running hot tap water!!
Dinner was quicker the next night..Again in the early hours from 4.30am until 6.40am we were kept awake by noise of arguments/people attempting to get sick, in the hallway males/females. .smoke alarm activated 3 times it was horrendous. .never experienced the likes of it..our children were very distressed. .never have I been to such a place were those wishing to socialise to the' early hours' (which is ok) are parading around family based areas posing all sorts of risk..the Noise levels were horrendous and very off putting. .I feel this level of clientele will definitely put families and the like off..
Kids club was very good. .mentioned our tap again no repair. .family room smelt damp ..very basic..

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank fgant
Dear fgant,

It is greatly appreciated when guests go to the trouble to let us know what they think of the service we provide. Constructive comments such as yours help us to maintain the highest possible standards.

I am sorry there was a lot of noise at night. During your stay, I believe we had a boisterous hen and stag party staying. We do not encourage these groups but at times we have them in the hotel.

Your comments about the spa will be reviewed, to try and improve the atmosphere you describe.

The kids club is a highlight for many families during their holidays and I am delighted that your children enjoyed it.

If you return to Westport in the future, I hope you would consider staying with us.

kerry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

Spent two nights in Westport for midterm at the Westport woods hotel . love the leisure centre we go there every year. this time while we were there the electricity went out on the whole street. we had just sat in dinning room and had ordered. I thought it was handled very well . They put candles everywhere told us what was available now because they only had gas. the place was very well lit and managed. lots of people giving out about lack of powder but we had just come from Killarney where we had no power for three days so I thought this was a dream . It always amazes me when the power goes on the whole street why is the hotel at fault ? We were warm had wine and dinner so no complaints. excellent value for money and a great kids club

Room Tip: We had a beautiful attic room with a view of Westport woods. My children had a very big room overloo...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear marleylimerick,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review following your stay here at BWP Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed all aspects of our Hotel from start to finish, despite the lack of electricity power we had that night.

Our friendly and courteous staff team is always willing to go extra miles for guests to ensure they will have the most memorable stay. They do their best to meet guest's special request.

I appreciate your positive feedback in regards to our bedrooms and leisure centre, it truly is a boost to read a review like this.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards