I stayed here for a girly weekend in March. Arrived late so didn't take too much notice on the first night - apart from the dated corridors, lack of style, and old light doors - reminded me of an old boarding school.
Saturday morning breakfast was well very disappointing!!! We arrived for breakfast around 10.30, and there was not enough food - no rashers, beans, eggs, mushrooms or tomatoes. As each item was replenished there was about a 5-10 min wait for each think, so as picked up what was on your plate was cold waiting for the next thing. I have staying in a number of hotels and have never come across anything like this before. I appreciate if it was overly busy it might be hard to keep on top of the food, but this was not the cause.
Visited the spa on Saturday afternoon - they got the booking all mixed up, not enough time for the treatments we had requested but the treatments we received were excellent.
The food in the restaurant was just "OK" - there was no chicken on the menu which i was very surprised with as this is something that would consider to be quite the norm. The food we got was nice but not wow.
The room was clean and the beds very comfortable - but very noisy, you could make out exctly whar was being said in the rooms next door and in the hallway which is not exactly what you want when you go away.
I wouldn't be rushing back it would want to be a lot cheaper to justify it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit us at the Westport Woods Hotel and Spa for a fun and relaxing holiday in the West of Ireland. We have a range of breaks to choose from family holidays (with free go!kids! club), themed, weekend and golden years/over 50's breaks. Our guests love the Beech Club Leisure Centre with it's swimming pool and gymnasium, the teen adventure activities on the seven acres of our private woodlands looking down upon Westport House Loch and the space to relax and enjoy a great holiday or break. Everyone enjoys the regular local evening entertainment in the Bench Café Bar. Our unique location helps us specialise in romantic and memorable Wedding Receptions, created and designed especially for each individual couple. Make an appointment with our Wedding Coordinator and she will gladly show you what we have to offer you upon your Big Day. We offer one of the few approved hotel equestrian based holiday centres in Ireland, with excellent beach and mountain packages available all year round visiting areas in Clew Bay that very few visitors rarely get to see. Check out our current and best special offers on our web site. The hotel is easy to find, just a couple of minutes drive from Westport town centre on the Quay Road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Westport Woods Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westport Woods Hotel And Spa
- Westport Woods Hotel Westport