stayed at this hotel as part of a group. found staff to be surly, rude and unfriendly apart from one ? spanish waitress who stood out with her friendliness and hard work because it was in such contrast to all the other staff. room was dated and smelt musty. towels were few. when asked for more, the receptionist said the cleaners would bring some round. that took hours. the bed and pillows were very hard and uncomfortable.
most of us got overcharged at the bar at some stage during the weekend. food was overpriced and average. had dinner saturday night which was dreadful. smallest piece of chicken ever, one scoop of mash and a small gratin dish of vegetables to share between 3 people. we asked for more veg and were given an even smaller gratin dish of veg!!! this cost 15 euro each. rip off. one of the group had meat lasagne with no meat in it. went to another hotel for spa treatments as this hotel was fully booked, and the contrast in staff and service was eye opening.
the noise levels in the hotel are awful, little or no sound proofing in rooms. toilets smelt terrible in foyer, like sewers. went for breakfast on sunday morning and food scarce ! staff were asked for some food items which were missing and were not too pleased at having to do so. have to wait to be seated but staff not always there so there was a queue of people waiting to get in for the breakfast that was fast disappearing.. there is no customer service here and considering the amount of hotels in the area this hotel would want to up its game significantly. avoid it. your money is better spent elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit us at the Westport Woods Hotel and Spa for a fun and relaxing holiday in the West of Ireland. We have a range of breaks to choose from family holidays (with free go!kids! club), themed, weekend and golden years/over 50's breaks. Our guests love the Beech Club Leisure Centre with it's swimming pool and gymnasium, the teen adventure activities on the seven acres of our private woodlands looking down upon Westport House Loch and the space to relax and enjoy a great holiday or break. Everyone enjoys the regular local evening entertainment in the Bench Café Bar. Our unique location helps us specialise in romantic and memorable Wedding Receptions, created and designed especially for each individual couple. Make an appointment with our Wedding Coordinator and she will gladly show you what we have to offer you upon your Big Day. We offer one of the few approved hotel equestrian based holiday centres in Ireland, with excellent beach and mountain packages available all year round visiting areas in Clew Bay that very few visitors rarely get to see. Check out our current and best special offers on our web site. The hotel is easy to find, just a couple of minutes drive from Westport town centre on the Quay Road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westport Woods Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westport Woods Hotel Westport
- Westport Woods Hotel And Spa