I stayed here for a weekend break this past weekend and will definatly not be returning, the rooms and decor are really dated ,the toilet in our room and the other girls room we were traveling with where blocked as were the toilets in the lobby and by sunday the smell of sewrage was just rank the staff where so rude apart from one lovely spanish waitress who seemed to be the only member of staff with manners and any efficeny the service at the bar was un acceptable we had to ask one lad behind the bar twice for chips we had ordered with our sandwich and then another girl before we finally got them majority of the staff at breakfast were un approachable and bad tempered one of the staff snapped at one of the girls we were staying with when she asked her if they would mind refilling the mushrooms, the food we ordered for our main meal was ridiculously small and barely edible and to top it off we all at some point on our stay got short changed or over charged at the till, thats when one of them would actually bother to serve us, the only high light of the trip was the pool and leisure facilaties it was clean and spacious and had a great steam room and sauna, the staff working down there where grand and always had a life guard on duty. the grounds at the back of the hotel are beautiful and the hotel had a lovely wide open lobby with great views of the river and walkway but other than that there wasnt much else good i can say about the hotel, ,i have never seen such ill mannered staff in a hotel i can only praise one lovely spanish( i think she was spanish) waitress out of them all i wouldnt recommending this hotel to anyone :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit us at the Westport Woods Hotel and Spa for a fun and relaxing holiday in the West of Ireland. We have a range of breaks to choose from family holidays (with free go!kids! club), themed, weekend and golden years/over 50's breaks. Our guests love the Beech Club Leisure Centre with it's swimming pool and gymnasium, the teen adventure activities on the seven acres of our private woodlands looking down upon Westport House Loch and the space to relax and enjoy a great holiday or break. Everyone enjoys the regular local evening entertainment in the Bench Café Bar. Our unique location helps us specialise in romantic and memorable Wedding Receptions, created and designed especially for each individual couple. Make an appointment with our Wedding Coordinator and she will gladly show you what we have to offer you upon your Big Day. We offer one of the few approved hotel equestrian based holiday centres in Ireland, with excellent beach and mountain packages available all year round visiting areas in Clew Bay that very few visitors rarely get to see. Check out our current and best special offers on our web site. The hotel is easy to find, just a couple of minutes drive from Westport town centre on the Quay Road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Westport Woods Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westport Woods Hotel Westport
- Westport Woods Hotel And Spa