I booked this accommodation on spec at the reception desk as there was no availability in Westport that same night. The only room available was the bridal suite at the rear of the hotel which was very poorly decorated, did not appear very clean and was freezing cold. The hotel in general is dated and in need of refurbishment. The receptionist at check in was abrupt, unfriendly and very slow. There was another desk assistant but she appeared to be doing admin, while the queue of guests increased at the only operating desk. A young female who escorted me to my room was very friendly and helpful, possibly a student. I immediately requested a different room when the door to the suite opened; it was large, gaudily decorated, smelly and freezing cold. I was shown to another room which appeared to be in an even worse condition and therefore was forced to return to the former. The mattress and pillows were cheap and very uncomfortable, however there was minimal noise during the night. The bathroom was large and the shower power average, not memorable. Pool area lovely, very nice staff and great facilities. Breakfast service was the worst I have encountered. On arriving at the dining room, I noted a very poor selection of cereals and juices (concentrated) not fresh, which were located outside the dining room on a table! Before I entered the dining room, I was informed by a rude abrupt waitress that breakfast would be over in 30 minutes, indicating to me that I should hurry up and go inside. In the dining room, I was served by the rudest foreign waitress that I have ever encountered, who had a perpetual scowl on her face. I asked for porridge, then honey which really annoyed her and she stormed off and banged it onto the table on her return. I was not impressed but the porridge was lovely. Every request annoyed her further. The cooked breakfast was very good quality, well presented and tasty as was the brown bread and preserves. The dining room is really lovely and relaxing as is the setting for the hotel. However I would not return or recommend this hotel because of the genuinely poor standard of accommodation and dreadful staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit us at the Westport Woods Hotel and Spa for a fun and relaxing holiday in the West of Ireland. We have a range of breaks to choose from family holidays (with free go!kids! club), themed, weekend and golden years/over 50's breaks. Our guests love the Beech Club Leisure Centre with it's swimming pool and gymnasium, the teen adventure activities on the seven acres of our private woodlands looking down upon Westport House Loch and the space to relax and enjoy a great holiday or break. Everyone enjoys the regular local evening entertainment in the Bench Café Bar. Our unique location helps us specialise in romantic and memorable Wedding Receptions, created and designed especially for each individual couple. Make an appointment with our Wedding Coordinator and she will gladly show you what we have to offer you upon your Big Day. We offer one of the few approved hotel equestrian based holiday centres in Ireland, with excellent beach and mountain packages available all year round visiting areas in Clew Bay that very few visitors rarely get to see. Check out our current and best special offers on our web site. The hotel is easy to find, just a couple of minutes drive from Westport town centre on the Quay Road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Stayforlong S.L., Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Westport Woods Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westport Woods Hotel Westport
- Westport Woods Hotel And Spa