Westport Woods Hotel
Clew Bay Hotel(Westport)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$134
US$232
US$156
Travelocity
Westport Country Lodge Hotel(Westport)(Great Value!)
US$68
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
The Wyatt Hotel(Westport)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$72
Travelocity
Hotel Westport(Westport)
US$121
TripAdvisor
1,136 results
All reviewskids clubhorse ridingleisure centregreat family hotelfamily breakwedding venueeach eveningwedding receptionboth nightsfriendly hotelfood was lovelybreakfast and dinnerbar foodgreat weekendtown centrewould highly recommend this hotelsecond to none
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 October 2010

Just back from a 3 day halloween break in this hotel with our 3 children 6,5 & 3. Friendly staff. Communal areas of hotel are spacious & nice. Good value. Really loved the wooded grounds with play areas. Best part of our trip was the kids club facility. The children were collected for breakfast, fed and brought off to club/swimming until 12.30pm . Then back again at 5.30pm for evening meal. Plenty of choice for kids meals. After meal children were taken downstairs to a large function room for activities/film until 9.30/10.30. It meant mums and dads could eat breakfast and dinner on our own each night which is a luxury. Have stayed in many family friendly hotels in Ireland and this would be up there with the best of them. Meals/breakfast are just okay and our room was basic enough. Bar was quiet enough at night. However the kids club, hotel grounds, friendly staff and good pool area will bring us back.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2010

On arrival, its like walking into your Granny's sitting room. Upgrade the furniture in the rooms. Change the carpets. Spa and Gym very good. We got a deal which stated one meal was included in a two night stay but on receiving the menu at dinner, there is supplements on a number of the dishes. For example, €12 extra for steak even though meal is included in package. Breakfast not great. No fresh food. Cold Meets. Very very basic.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Michael Lennon, Manager at Westport Woods Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2010

Dear LnL2010

Thank you for your recent review. I am sorry that your perception of my hotel was of your Granny's sitting room. Actually our lobby is quite busy with Grannies recently, especially in the shoulder season, playing bridge, dancing for pleasure, bowling and much much more. They really enjoy my lobby and reception area with it's log fire, couches and armchairs looking out upon the beautiful gardens and woodlands of Westport House. In the last year or so I've spend 2.5 million euro upgrading and modernising over 50% of my bedrooms with new furniture and carpets etc. I'm constantly trying to upgrade our bedrooms and have a schedule to reinvest annually, by the end of this year, most of the bedrooms will be touched up. You must have missed the new Bench Cafe Bar which has the most up to date furniture, big screen TV, dance floor and outdoor, covered smoking area, plus a log fire, with timber I've helped cut from my own woods. Thanks for the compliments regarding our Spa and Beech Club Leisure Centre and I'm glad you both enjoyed yourself there.

As you reported you got a deal which included a two night stay and a dinner, which offers a choice of soup and starters, four main courses without supplement and a choice of deserts with tea or coffee. In addition my chef offers steaks, a duck or another fish dish for a supplement. This is done to give extra variety on our menus which our guests have asked for over the years. Quite a number of our guests purchase these offerings.

Our breakfast buffet offers a selection of cereals, selection of juices, prunes and grapefruit, bacon, selection of eggs, sausage black & white pudding, hash browns, toast and scones, tea & coffee. I feel this is a good basic breakfast and I rarely have complaints about it. If you have suggestions upon how I can improve it further, I'd gladly listen.

Give me a call if you have a chance, I've send my number directly to you on a direct Tripadvisor message. I'd like to have another chance to show you our new bedrooms and offer you one of our good value steaks.

Regards Michael Lennon, Manager/Owner

Reviewed 30 August 2010

Just back from our second visit to the Westport Woods Hotel. My 7 yr old daughter had the most fantastic time in the kids club and I would highly recommend it if you have young children. The food is only ok but the room, staff, location, facilities and kids club make up for that. Def will return, hopefully at Halloween this year.

Reviewed 28 August 2010

Hotel had something for me, my wife and our five year old son. Very much geared towards families though - suits kids with the space around the hotel, playgrounds and 'go kids' club you can sign them up for. Westport if great because of close proximity to connemara and achill aswell as plenty to do in westport itself. This hotel is a great base for all that. Nice relaxed lobby area too to chill out and read a paper or have a pint later on. We also ended up using the leisure centre every day - pool had nice shallow area for kids so very safe. One drawback was quality of hot breakfast, which sort of put us off eating in hotel in the evenings. This was only small thing we could fault - apart from that I'd recommend it to any couple with kids looking for a few nights away in Ireland!!

Reviewed 24 August 2010

stayed with my 7 year old daughter. Kids club was great (only 9.30am-12.30pm and 6-9pm daily) great activities, gives parents a break, location is perfect, close enough to walk into town and far enough not to get traffic and noise (though Westport is a small town!) easy to find, get to etc. Hotel was good but not luxury though service was impeccable. All seemed to bend backwards to help you, make your stay comfortable, I cannot recommend staff enough. Breakfast was abundant even if same thing every day... but all you need and want. Dinner OK, (do NOT order pasta dishes, totally tasteless... ) but they were all wonderful and ready to please. Bulgarian maitre d' was very very nice and all made sure all the time you had what you needed. reception staff all very nice and effective, no problem with bill at end. they are very very correct. I recommend highly. Spa people were also very nice. treatments were good, though not best I've had, again, staff were kind and generous with their time. And the area of Westport is gorgeous.