“great value!!!”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Westport
Dublin
“great value!!!”
Reviewed 1 April 2009

The hotel is situated in a perfect location, right in the heart of Westport, no need to worry about taxis or walking far to the nearest hot spot! I stayed for two nights and our package included one evening meal, and breakfast on both days, all for as little as €119 per person sharing!!!! The staff are really friendly, down to earth and helpful. Barney the General Manager was so good to us and gave us a complimentary upgrade. He is the type of manager that any hotel in the world would be proud to have on board!!Think my partner was a bit jealous of the shine I took to him!All in all a perfect stay

Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
Grayslake, Illinois
Reviewed 24 March 2009

The hotel was older, and had a lot of "character". Being right in the middle of town, it was very convenient.
I really can't recommend this place, though. I stayed there for 3 days, for bed & breakfast. I was not eating my evening meals at the hotel. I had some difficulty getting served when I went down to breakfast the 2nd day. Perhaps because I wasn't eating dinner in their restaurant? It was all vaguely unpleasant.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
Cork
Reviewed 10 March 2009

Stayed here for a birthday weekend with a group of 6 people. Some of them had stayed a few weeks beforehand on a deal weekend with shopping vouchers and the hotel gave us the same rates which was great.

For my 65 euro for a single room I got a simple room under the eaves so with skylights and an ensuite with shower. The hotel and bedrooms were spotless and the decor very pleasant and cosy. The bedroom furniture was simple, the bed was a single, tea, coffee, local guides etc and a great full length mirror, everything I needed for a great price. Lovely throw on the bed as well. The double rooms and twin rooms were similarly cosy and nicely decorated.

The receptionists were all pleasant as were the hotel staff. Breakfast had a limited variety of cereals and juices, pastries but looking around the dining room, everyone was on the full Irish which was a decent one.

Some of the group had eaten in the hotel restaurant on the first night and said it was good value and had a reasonable wine list. We ate at the Shebeen for the birthday dinner and the food was, as always fantastic and the staff were great and organised a birthday pavlova, however the wine list was short and poor - we had two bottles out of the six or so reds on offer adn they were terrible.

Only drawback out of the weekend was that there were a couple of groups of men staying who were noisey in their return to bed in the wee small hours. And there was a speed trial on Sunday morning nearby which was really loud from early morning. The hotel had nothign to do with the speed trial, and it's a hotel in the centre of the town so noise is to be expected...and it's a group friendly hotel so loud idiotic men are also to be expected...this hotel is one of those that I'll forgive and defend because I found it charming - it's a budget hotel bang in the centre of the town but it's nicely done and very friendly. Will be going there with a group again.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
dublin
Reviewed 18 February 2009

Just recently returned from an amazing Jan Weekend Break in Westport & just had to finally sit down & write our review on our lovely weekend. My partner & I had been working really hard, up to & right through the x-mas, and then we spotted an irresistible deal for the Wyatt Hotel…we just had to go.

I remembered ,from my younger days when my family would holiday in Westport & Mayo, that the Wyatt Hotel had a very central location at the Octagon, close to the shops, pubs & restaurants.... so the thought of being able to park up the car for a few days after the drive from Dublin really appealed to us.

On arrival to the hotel we were greeted by a very friendly& efficient receptionist who recommended the live music in the hotel bar that night to us. Our room was absolutely beautiful & so spacious. I had though that being on a bargain break that we might just be staying in let say a "functional bedroom" but this was complete comfort.... love the duvet & pillows.

We proceeded to eat, sleep, drink & go for long walks for our next few days.... and of course I did my bit to contribute to the local retail market: 0) The staff in the Wyatt were really fantastic, as it was Jan & things weren’t so crazy busy, they were able to take time to chat & offer their local wisdom to my partner & I. We really did enjoy getting to know them all a little bit during our stay.

We were sad when it was eventually time to leave..... but watch out Westport, we'll definitely be making the journey to the west more often from now on.

Also I want to commend the very nice manager who helped us jump start the car on the morning of our departure, as someone had appeared to have left his lights on when he parked up … hum !!!

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
Dublin
Reviewed 18 February 2009

My husband and i stayed here on a midweek break. It was very reasonable and the location was fantastic. The staff were so pleasant and the service was excellent. They recommended sights to see and an excellent restaurant in the town.
Our room was a bit small, but extremely comfortable. For what we paid we were more than satisfied! We will be back!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Ireland
Reviewed 3 February 2009

My partner, two good friends of ours, and myself spent our New Year's 2009 in The Wyatt of Westport. Upon arrival we were met by a friendly receptionist, swiftly "checked-in", and directed to our room. The room was clean, comfortable, and was of a good size. Unfortunately, due to our time of arrival, we were unsure if we would be able to get food from the kitchen. The welcoming staff informed us that they could get what we wanted from the menu (it must be noted that it was some 30mins after the "shut-off" time). The food was of a good standard and the attached bar was good fun, especially the "orange neon sign". After time spent in the bar we visited some of the other local establishments and returned late that night.

As requested we were woken at 8.30a.m. to a full Irish breakfast with all the works. Good quality breakfast with local produce (fundamentally it was warm, not like some we have had). One criticism would be that the poached egg should probably not be served on toast as it tends to become soggy from the excess water on the egg, (only a minor point though). After sometime spent in the town and surrounding area we returned with the papers underarm. There was an open fire by the reception area with two "grande" chairs on either side. We swiftly plonked ourselves on front and began a Saturday ritual of catching up on the economic turmoil.

That night, and as part of our deal, we received a meal in the Hotel restaurant. The 4 of us sat down to eat and were greeted by a fully informed waitress. The food, it must be said, was excellent and all were happy, especially me with my combination dessert: "superb". It must also be noted that the Manager of the Hotel walked around the dining room and wished everyone a Happy New Year, a very nice touch.

Would I recommend the Hotel? Most definitely, very central location, good rooms, good food, and a great welcome.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
White Plains, NY
Reviewed 19 October 2008

My wife and I (and another couple) sayed at Wyatt Hotel in Westport for one night in Sept 2008. Though it had no real view, our room was a good-sized double, quite modern and nicely furnished, with a very nice bathroom. It also offered free off-street parking for our rental car. Staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel itself has a nice bar and a comfortable, moderately-priced restaurant where we had an excellent meal. The only feature of the hotel that was at all lacking was the breakfast, which was just so-so The hotel is right in the middle of this lovely small town, on a distinctive central square (called the Octogon) with nice shops, pubs, etc. It is an easy walk to good shopping and pubs with good music. A longish walk or a short drive take you to the Quay, another beautiful part of town on Clew Bay. And Crough Patrick, the holy mountain, is just a short drive away. We loved Westport and were completely satisfied with Wayatt Hotel.

• Liked — Location, convenience
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple