“Celebration never to be forgotten”

Westport Plaza Hotel
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Westport
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Hello,
The management and staff deserve the upmost credit for making our Celebration one never to be forgotten for all the right reasons. Excellent service, superb food, friendly bar staff and pub prices the Hotel offered us an outstanding deal and everyone who attended is still buzzing.
Just want to thank all the staff for making our stay so memorable!

Room Tip: Our party had seven different rooms and not one bad report from any of them.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 18 January 2014

My husband and myself stayed in the Westport Plaza on December 26th 2013. We travelled to Westport in a hurry to be with our friend who unfortunately passed away that day and at the last minute needed somewhere to stay. The weather on the night was also terrible and luckily the Westport Plaza was the first hotel open that we came upon. We found the young man on reception and the duty manager to be very helpful and sympathetic. They also upgraded us to a suite and assured us that at least we would be comfortable for the night. We were sorry that we did not get the names of the receptionist and duty manager that night in order to thank them properly for the comforting way in which they treated us. Despite the circumstances which brought us to Westport on this night, the remainder of the hotel staff were also very helpful. The hotel itself was excellent and we would definitely recommend a stay here, as Westport is an ideal location for exploring the wonderful County of Mayo.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Very late review (visited Aug 2013) Myself and my boyfriend visited from London, we both agree it was money well spent!

The booking and confirmation process was simple and very straightforward. Throughout our stay, we were made welcome by all staff who were friendly and professional (clearly well trained). The room was clean, comfortable and modern with a traditional feel too, we also thought that the free movie offer was very generous. Food at the hotel could not be faulted, it was a shame we could only stay the two nights!

We have passed our positive experience on to other friends and family and have recommended your hotel. We too ourselves look forward to a visit in the not too distant future.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I was very impressed by the greeting I recieved here . I had a long day working & driving & arrived here to meet a very pleasant receptionist called Ruari who was so nice & his ' no fuss ' attitude was refreshing !
My room was suburb .
I will definitely come back...

Room Tip: Ask the reception ... Excellent !
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Pippa3000
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I availed of the Golden Years offer from this hotel and selected the Gold experience heres what I found. I'm not 60 as yet so I found the individuals attending that bit older maybe 20 years in some cases and the activities organised was based on that age group. My point is maybe the hotel might look at grouping the 50/60s in one group for a more activity based week. The facilities were good, staff kind and attentive. The only issue I had was the meal in the Merlot restaurant (clased as the better of the two restarurants) on the first night it was bland and not cooked very well. The seabass was swiming in oil on top of an aubigine, the fish was undercooked or maybe defrosted the veg hard to the taste I mean raw and the food was not very hot. My wife food was fine so this might have been a once off. On the cooking Demo (Golden Years) the chef from the Plaza's sister hotel the Castlecourt gave a fine display and I enjoyed the taster he provided, so we ate in that hotel that evening a far better experience really enjoyed the meal. The folowing night we again ate in the Castlecourt again a fine meal so we continured eating in that hotel for the reat of the week. Its a credit to the hotel group that you can avail of either hotel facilities and rerstaruants. There was evening enterainment in the Castlecourt each evening overall I enjoyed the experience and would recommend it.

Room Tip: If you wish a quite break and a restful experience the Golden years makes this posible at the right...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here over new year for the gala ball with family. 16 of us here and the stay was amazing. The staff are so helpful and nothing is a problem. The greeting and service from reception staff to room service, cleaners, bar staff, beauty salon and spa and hairdressers. I couldn't fault them in any way. We stayed an extra night at short notice and the front desk manager was very helpful and was able to get us all fitted in with a lot of time in effort. Will definitely be returning here again. Very pleased overall! Thank you

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 15 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here last weekend for two nights. All staff were very friendly and helpful .Our room was very clean and spacious. The location is perfect..just a few minutes walk to the main street.It was the perfect place to "chill" for a few days. Would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple