“Short break”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Westport
Morecambe, United Kingdom
“Short break”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We had a fantastic room, very clean, spacious and comfortable, with a very nice bathroom. Staff extremely helpful and friendly. Evening meal was the only disappointment but the receptionist apologised and took off the price of our drinks bill from our bill at checkout. I would definitely stay here again when next in Westport and have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on the May bank
Holiday for a romantic weekend away. First impressions from the main road, the hotel doesn't look anything special but don't be fooled.

The hotel itself is spotless and the hotel staff are friendly, warm and welcoming.

We were given a lovely king size room with a jacuzzi bath, lovely size and bed was comfortable also, not too soft and not to hard.

Had a meal included in our package, it was nice and tasty but nothing to special. Breakfast was good aswell, your usual fry and continental breakfast but staff were quick for bringing out tea, toast etc.

My only critique for my stay is not about the hotel but more so the location of wesport, for a romantic break maybe stay away as it's full of loud stags and hens.

I personally thought though for the price I paid for the May weekend, I expected better but saying that, if you get a cheap deal it's worth the stay

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank wuggybear
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 23 July 2014

All round fantastic experience at this hotel from booking to departure. I recently organised my sisters hen party at the Westport Plaza Hotel. We were a group of 19. Welcoming, friendly staff ensured our rooms, which were spacious and comortable were available as soon as possible, the room previously booked for our hen activity was ready for us etc Even the activityfacilitator commented on how friendly and helpful the staff were to her in helping set up the room. Great, lunch in the bar, dinner in the hotel restaurant and breakfast to send us on our way the following morning. Great location.I even received a follow up call from the hotel afterwards to check to see how our stay went.
I will definitely visit again.

1 Thank Lorr_ca
Altdorf, Switzerland
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The Westport Plaza is located within the center of Westport. The Hotel is clean and the staff friendly and helpful. We we booked a Junior Suite but were disappointed with the room. We got a relatively small bedroom with a dark separate living room - furnished with a worn dark brown sofa and an kitchenette. Lots of room that was not really inviting to spend time in. We would not book this room again. We also used the SPA and that was an equally disappointing experience. Parts of the saunas were out of order and the relaxation room closed for a private party. After that event was over nobody bothered to clean it up and make it available again. We had one dinner at the hotel and that was ok. The breakfast is very average as well.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Fantastic staff who, from booking to departure, ensured that our visit was hassle-free and most enjoyable. I went here for my hen party and they could not have done enough for us. The rooms were lovely and spacious and the Jacuzzi bath is such an amazing treat!! I'll definitely be visiting the Westport Plaza again soon!

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I am just after coming back from organising my sister’s hen party in the Westport Plaza. The hotel could not have done more for us and went above and beyond to ensure we all enjoyed our stay. There were a total of 19 in our group and everyone thoroughly enjoyed it.

We arrived early Saturday, the hotel knew we were arriving early and had as many rooms organised for us as they could. The rooms were clean, large and spacious. There were little treats left in the bride’s suite and in my room also since I was organising the party - a real nice treat. They held the remaining luggage in storage when we went around Westport town. The hens bought nice bits and pieces and we also got our bridesmaid shoes so it was a successful little shopping trip.

We arrived back to the hotel at 2:30 for Afternoon Tea and everyone else had been checked into their rooms. The Afternoon Tea was amazing lovely scones, little pastries, sandwiches etc. They kept bringing more of everything out and if people had any special request they also catered for it. The cups and everything was really girly - perfect for ladies who lunch :)

After Afternoon Tea I had a room reserved for Hen Party games. The hotel had champagne glass and ice buckets as I requested for the lemonades and champagne I brought with me. While the other bridesmaids got the room ready for games one of the staff brought me to all the rooms to put a gift bag I organised for everyone in each room. After the games we all went back to our rooms to get ready for dinner in Restaurant Merlot.

The meal in the Merlot was fabulous, such a good selection....really top class food. After food and group photos we decided to head to some of the pubs in Westport before we went to C2 Mojos (nightclub beside the hotel). We had an area reserved in the adjoining nightclub via the hotel. They had champagne and little cards with photos of bride (which they got through me) at the reserved area. There are a few floors in the nightclub - I would definitely recommend the 1st floor - all 90's music. Everyone had a great time dancing the night away.

After the nightclub ended we went to the residence bar in the Castlecourt Hotel (adjoining hotel and same owners). One or two had the munchies so they got sandwiches made. Before we headed off for bed at the early hours of the morning we had a sing along which was great fun.

Breakfast was served up until 11 (I think). There was a huge choice on the menu. I had a full Irish and it was really delicious. After breakfast we went back to rooms to get ready to head back home and check out.

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough – not just for hen parties! When you book and advise them it’s for a hen they advise that they don't allow hen dress entire in the restaurant. This suited us perfect - we weren't in to all dressing up and novelty hen party stuff that comes with hens. This is also great for other people on weekend breaks in the hotel. A few of us are already planning another girly spa weekend in the Westport Plaza before the wedding – really looking forward to it. Westport Plaza #A1.

2 Thank Catherine L
United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We have been visiting the westport Plaza for about 6 years every january. we couldn't get there this january but decided to take a break last week and stayed for 3 nights with our daughter and her army boyfriend who is on leave before going to cyprus on duty for 3 years. nothing has changed in this lovely hotel, always the same warm welcome on arrival, fabulous rooms, the only hotel where i adjust to the bed on the first night and always get a wonderful nights slepp , relaxing spa and wonderful food in the merlot restaurant, thought we has missed our favourite member of staff - alex - but managed to catch up with her on our last day. its a credit to the management of the hotel to keep their staff for many years, they are obviously good to work for . looking forward to a visit next year. thank you westport plaza.

Room Tip: if you can go for the gold package.... well worth the extra