“Fabulous Tour of the Boyne Valley”
Review of Boyne Valley Tours

Boyne Valley Tours
Ranked #2 of 11 Tours in County Meath
More attraction details
Owner description: Private Day Tours of the Boyne Valley, County Meath, rich in heritage and history. Visit the heritage capital of Ireland as your personal driver brings you from one location to the other to stroll around at your ease. Take a suggested tour or design your own. Since your tour is personalised, you will be picked up from your accommodation in the Meath / Dublin area.
Reviewed 16 August 2012

On July 26th my friend and I were picked up early at our B & B in Dublin by Michael and brought to Newgrange and Knowth for the early morning tours before the tourist busses arrived. We had originally decided not to see Knowth but Michael convinced us it was worth checking out and he was right. We loved that there was ample time to explore. Then Michael took us to several other sites tailored to our interests including a visit to Kells and the sacred sites there. We especially enjoyed Loughcrew where we were about the only people there later in the day, and afterwards we spent some time at Four Knocks where we had the opportunity to experience this sacred space with no one else around. Michael then took us back to his home for tea and a walk in his labyrinth before driving us home. He even took us to a grocery store on the way back so we could grab a snack for dinner as it was late and we weren't up for going out. Michael was enthusiastic and knowledgeable and he clearly enjoys sharing his love of the special places of the Boyne Valley. Michael's tour was one of the highlights of our 2 week stay in Ireland.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"an excellent guide"
"beautiful ireland"

Reviewed 14 August 2012

Michael Fox provided my wife and me with a first time tour of the Boyne Valley attractions.
He was fabulous. Saw things that we would never had seen and he planned it so we were not waiting behind long tour bus lines. He is a very nice guy with great knowledge of the area.
The one day tour with Michael truly enhanced our visit to Ireland.
I would do it again in a second -

Ed Sullivan
Massachusetts, USA

1  Thank Edward S
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Michael Fox is an amazing tour guide, bringing alive the magic, mystery and history of the people living in the Boyne Valley thousands of years ago. We enjoyed not only the expected sites such as La Grange but we also visited the stone age cairn at Loughcrew during the spring equinox. A very special addition to our previously outlined tour. There were many surprises along the way, places we would have never found without someone with Michael's intimate knowledge of the Valley. My husband and I felt this was the best of best in terms of tours and recommend Michael's personal tour to anyone with interest in the ancient sites of Ireland.

Kathy Bergstrom
Los Angeles, California

1  Thank Kathy B
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Michael Fox is a magician of a tour guide: calmly listening to a rather eclectic set of interests of three very different adults, and then planning, on the fly, and executing a most amazing one-day tour that hit all of the high points of our list, and far more than that. Expertly navigating a spotless late-model Audi through the backroads and byways of Boyne Valley without a wasted minute. We felt more in the hands of a trusted family friend than a tour guide. Intelligent, witty, and understated all while showing us the very best of this rich cultural landscape. Thanks, Michael. The trip was wonderful, and here, at last, is the first five star review I've ever posted of anything.
E. Gough

1  Thank edwgough
See more reviews
Reviewed 15 July 2012

My friend and I went on a tour with Michael yesterday. I had discovered Michael on the internet while researching Loughcrew and discovered his web site (www.boynevalleytours.com).
I'm not a big fan of getting in large tour buses and heading to major tourist sites so I really appreciated Michael's personalized tour. He took us to some amazing places including Loughcrew--could have stayed there all day--along with some beauty and inspiring holy wells which I had wanted to see. Based on our interests, he really mapped out the day for us.
Michael is extremely knowledgeable about the area from both a folk and academic perspective. Will definitely go again to explore more sites in the Boyne with Michael.

1  Thank wandag23