“wow”

Hillgrove Hotel, Leisure & Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Monaghan
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed here for a friends wedding and I was very plesently surprised!! The food was delicious the decor was great the whole hotel oozed class and sophistication. The bedrooms were a great size and beds very comfy also very tastfully decorated. Will definitely stay here again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Noplacelikehome61
Write a ReviewReviews (1,518)

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I am home from California to attend a family wedding and Attended the hen party last weekend in the Hillgrove Hotel and I was delighted at the over all experience. The rooms are modern and very spacious, and the spa service was a real treat. On returning home to my family's house in Co Derry I realised I had forgot my purse in the room safe with some very very important personal belongs. However after calling the Hotel my immediate feelings of fear and panic were quickly changed to that of reassurance, by an amazing young man called mike. He quickly located my belonging and assured me that he would personally organise their return. Mike personally travelled across the border to Armagh to reduce the risk of my items getting lost in the post, and posted them first class to my parents home. I received my purse the next day, safe and sound. I was completely blown away by the kindness of a stranger. The flowing day I received a call from Mike just checking that I had received my package. Mike's quick actions have saved me a lot of heart ache. It is this type of kindness that makes you miss Irish people. Thank you Mike from the bottom of my heart. I will be returning to this hotel the first chance I get.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mairead O
Reviewed 24 July 2014

After checking in we went straight to the pool which was very clean there is a playground outside from the pool so the girls couldn't wait to get outside to try it out. Overall I'd say the hotel is perfect for a family break good value, clean, modern and comfortable very family friendly :)

4  Thank YvonneAva
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I was invited to a wedding in the Hillgrove hotel and was very impressed overall. The location is beautiful, as is the decor. Everything is very modern and clean. I did not stay over so I cant comment on the rooms but if they are anything like their function rooms/ reception area then im sure they would be great. When we initially arrived we spent time in the bar which had nice unique furniture and staff were friendly. When the function room was ready and dinner was served I was pleased to see how professional the waiting staff were. Everything arrived and was cleaned promptly. We had two starters which were delicious. My only complaint is that the main course portions are so small! Two pieces of meat accompanied by two scoops of mash and one spoon of vegetables, I honestly dont understand how they could expect this to fill anyone. The gravy also was very watery and didnt taste like gravy at all! That is my only complaint and apart from that everything else was perfect. From reading previous reviews I have noticed that management become quite defensive when they receive any criticism so with all respect please realise this is constructive criticism and not intended to offend! The hotel is excellent apart from this and I had a very enjoyable evening here.

2  Thank donne9
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I was on a hen party here at the wekend and we had a great stay , we have a lovely dinner at the hotel while attending the murder mystery night. The rooms were lovely, very clean and spacious, The Food was lovely and everyone on the hen party really enjoyed themselves.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mazoct1979
HotelOwnerMonaghan, Director of Sales at Hillgrove Hotel, Leisure & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Mazoct1979
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted to hear that your hen party went so well and you enjoyed both the food and murder mystery entertainment as part of your weekend. We hope that you have many more reasons to visit the Hillgrove Hotel in the not too distant future.
Kind regards
Sharon Mcmahon
Sales & Marketing

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had an overnight stay on 19th July 2014.
We found the staff very pleasant and informative, the leisure complex was superb and spotless. We had a very spacious and modern bedroom.
Both the restaurant and food was excellent,
We look forward to a return stay at this hotel and can recommend it to anyone.

Tommy & Jennifer

2  Thank Tommy M
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Quick friendly check in. Allocated a ground floor room but asked to be changed, Ciara changed us immediately to a room on the 4th floor which was lovely and spacious and very pleasant indeed. It afforded us a very comfortable nights sleep. Service in the bar was very prompt and staff are very very friendly and accommodating. Food was lovely. Had my hair up styled in the on site hairdressers, would highly rrecommend them...attended a wedding later in the day and it was a great occasion. Service/food excellent.

Overall a lovely Hotel and a credit to the Tourism industry in Ireland.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank bigzeb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monaghan
Four Seasons Hotel and Leisure Club
24 mi away
Cavan Crystal Hotel
Cavan Crystal Hotel
#1 of 4 in Cavan

Been to Hillgrove Hotel, Leisure & Spa? Share your experiences!