my last review for here was in march, and on this visit I was a little disappointed I,m afraid. I took my mum here to the bar on Wednesday night for the special value 3 course meal for 23.95, as we were choosing our meal we were informed that the special price did not include school or public holidays, which basically meant in july and august there were no 23.95 special offer menu. I don,t think this was very fair, as it did not say that on the facebook page, and as we were on a budget that was on e of the reasons we went on a midweek night. anoide was very attentive as were the barstaff and waiters, the food was nice, not terrific but ok, as the chicken was very dry the garlic potatoes were mushy mashpotatoes with a hint of garlic and mekted cheese on top, we barely tasted these, we were asked if everything was ok but we did,nt really like to complain, we would go again and dine their, but just felt it was,nt upto the usual high hillgrove standard.i have to say though that the new improvements are excellent. anoide and liam looked after us very well too. don,t mean to be so critical, because we have been dining at the hillgrove for over thirty years, and have always found it to be excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 'Majestically Magical' 4 Star Hillgrove Hotel, Leisure & Spa is the ideal location for fabulous break away. Less than an hour's drive from Belfast and Dublin the Hotel boasts 87 beautifully decorated bedrooms, including Suites with Jacuzzis. Enjoy their fabulous Leisure Club with Swimming Pool, Jacuzzi, Steam Room, Sauna, Gym & Outdoor Hot Tub. You will love their luxurious Lir Spa & Wellness Centre and Hair at Hillgrove Hair Salon. The Hotel also has a superb Restaurant, Bistro, Bars, Banqueting Suites & Conference Centre. Specialising in Girlie Breaks, Murder Mysteries, Spa Packages and Family Breaks. 7 hours Free Kids Club every weekend and daily during school holidays. Bouncy Castle, Games Room, Play Areas & Outdoor Playground. Walking distance from Monaghan Town. The Hillgrove Hotel has been Awarded as the Number One Family Hotel in Ireland, Ulster's Best Wedding Venue, is Tripadvisor's Number 1 Hotel in Monaghan and in Top 25 Hotels in Ireland. Indulge and Enjoy! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hillgrove Hotel, Leisure & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hillgrove Hotel, Leisure Hotel Monaghan
- Hillgrove Hotel, Leisure And Spa
- Hillgrove Hotel Monaghan