Hillgrove Hotel, Leisure & Spa
Ashleigh House(Monaghan)(Great Value!)
US$98
  • Breakfast included
Westenra Arms Hotel(Monaghan)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$124
US$110
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
The Valley Hotel(Fivemiletown)(Great Value!)
US$119
1,548 results
All reviewskids clubgames roomflip flopsfamily hotelthermal suitehen partyswimming poolfantastic hotelrelaxation roommurder mysterybar foodoutdoor hot tubfirst classfrom start to finishsecond to nonefamily breakwould highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Just back from a relaxing 5 night family break in the Hillgrove hotel, great value and there's something different and special about this hotel. Plenty of interesting activities in the kids club, food in the bar was excellent and the staff were really friendly and helpful. A good base for day trips to Armagh and Belfast and for anyone with kids I'd recommend a visit to W5, a huge interactive exhibition centre near Belfast's Titantic Quarter.

Overall, couldn't have been happier with our stay and look forward to going back again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Returned this week from a three night stay cation at this wonderful hotel. It ticks all the boxes - comfy clean room, pool, kids activities, good breakfast and professional friendly staff. Will definitely be recommending this hotel to anyone with children and most certainly shall be back. Brilliant!!!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
HotelOwnerMonaghan, Director of Sales at Hillgrove Hotel, Leisure & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear 43Kitty
Thanks so much for taking the time to review your recent staycation . So glad that your children enjoyed our complimentary kids club and activities. I like your “ticks all the boxes” description.
Hope to see you very soon again.
Kind regards
Sharon McMahon
Sales & Marketing

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Stayed in the hillgrove this week for 3 nights while initially there was a mix up on our booking by the hotel with us being allocated a double room instead of family room we were accommodated in a temporary room for our first night then relocated for the rest of our stay our luggage being moved while we had our day trip, the rest of our stay was enjoyable. Food very good and staff could not have been friendlier they are a credit to the hotel. Very child focused with kids club and pool etc weenjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2014

had a one night spa break with dinner.Rooms were very clean and spacious, and the hotel is very quirky looking from the outside. Dinner and breakfast was well cooked and presented,with ample portions. I would like to compliment the staff who were very pleasent and answered any queries that i had regarding use of the leisure facilites and spa.I am sure other hotels would charge more and not have the same high standards as the Hillgrove. I will definately be back again.

Room Tip: don't know if all the rooms are like the one i had ie with a four poster bed and fairy lights on the backs
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Desi O
Reviewed 15 August 2014

(First of all, sorry this is so long )
We had our wedding day in March 2014 in the Da Vinci Suite and it was truly the most amazing day ever. The staff were totally amazing from start to finish.
I could never praise or thank Linda, our wedding co-ordinator enough. Throughout the whole planning there was brilliant contact. We always felt looked after and like we didn’t need to worry as she has it all under control.
Our day itself was just magical, Linda in particular was just the best you could wish for...she looked after all the quests especially the bridal party and when I had a problem with my dress and she was walking out the door with her handbag to go home for the night, she came back in and helped me with the dress. I sincerely thank her for that x
The bar staff were friendly & always looked happy which again added to our special day.
The dinner is still being commented on by guests. I was nervous as we were going with steak as well as turkey and ham. I know people like their steak cooked different ways, hence the nerves, but I had no need to worry. Even though guests weren’t asked how they would like their steak done, everyone loved it. It was the best steak I have had out. Some people even had second dinners!
The service was military. Once Linda confirmed we were happy and that everyone at the top table was finished, one wave of her hand, and the waiting staff moved to clear the guests’ tables. It was amazing to watch. There was always a member of the waiting staff beside each table throughout the whole dinner in case a guest wanted anything.
We stayed in the honeymoon suite as part of the wedding package & it was amazing!!!! The breakfast the next morning was well presented and the girl who delivered the breakfast was so friendly.
The front of the hotel has recently been done up. It was supposed to be ready for us but there was a delay in works. We didn’t really mind because the hotel was lovely as it was but the next day Linda arrived into the lounge and gave us a voucher for a night’s stay with breakfast and an evening meal in the hotel to apologise the front of the hotel not being ready for us. We weren’t expecting it at all and were very touched that they thought of it.
I would just like to say that I would recommend this hotel to anyone planning to get married & the staff here really work hard to make your day the best they possibly can. It's lovely to get married in a place where everyone genuinely seems happy to be part of your special day and this showed all the way through. We have had so many family members and friends tell us it was the best wedding they had ever been to & we certainly had one of the best days of our lives.
Keep up the good work guys, I am gutted it’s all over!
A perfect end to such a perfect day!
Thank you, thank you, thank you from Mr & Mrs Casey x