We stayed here for 3 nights midweek on 19-22 August. As a treat for a 50th birthday we were really looking forward to some 4 star treatment in The Hillgrove. 4 star it is NOT!!
We checked in easily, though I was a bit put out by being asked to pay upfront (a new one on me!).
We headed to our room and of course the first thing I always do is check out the bed.
Well, it was a very worn, uncomfortable bed that was sunk in the middle. The room was just a bog standard room and quite small, defiantly not a 4 star hotel room.
We were going to ask to be moved but thought we're only adjoining one other room and if we moved we might get noisy neighbours.
We headed to the bar and had a light snack and some local craft beer. The staff were friendly and prompt with their service and the food was ok for bar food.
As it was our first night there we decided to eat in the restaurant of the hotel. There was a set menu, not a la carte as is normal for a hotel so we had no choice but to go with that.
The meal we had in this restaurant was awful slop. I have no other words for it.
We had a starter of garlic mushrooms with salad. They were nasty frozen breaded mushrooms. I know this because I used to run a restaurant. I know the difference between fresh and frozen produce. The salad was bare, just a few lettuce leaves. No dressing or extra garnish like tomato or onion etc.
For the mains we both had steak, both of us asked for rare both of us got well done. I sent mine back and got a replacement steak.......again very well done.
I was getting really annoyed at this stage. The garlic potatoes we ordered were disgusting. They had been sitting on a hot plate for God knows how long and had that burnt oily taste off them. The veg had been sitting in a steamer and were soggy, pale and tasteless. The onion rings were defiantly frozen and no doubt the management will reply and tell you all their food is fresh, it is NOT. Again having run a restaurant I know this.
When our waitress was taking our plates away I asked her to ask the chef would he eat what had just been served to us. She was apologetic and said she would tell the manager. No apologies from the chef.
We ate a dessert that was in line with everything else we ate. In fact we only ate the steak because honestly everything else was inedible.
The manager never came near us and when we went to pay we were left standing at the desk for a good ten minutes. Seriously guys? A four star hotel, really?
When the manager finally arrived he pressed buttons on his till for another ten minutes and never made eye contact with us. We still ended up having to pay over €50 for our meal. In doing that the hotel lost all our money which we would have spent in the bar on bar food, because I was raging at having to pay for that awful awful food. The bar food was ok. Instead we went to town every evening after that and had our meals there.
On our last night I accidentally spilt a glass of water on our bed. I put my hands up, it WAS my fault. When I rang reception they said they would send up house keeping. She stripped the bed with my help and she signalled that we should flip the mattress. Again I had to help. The mattress was wet through and she was going to put a sheet on it with a towel on the wet patch.
I said I didn't want to sleep on a wet mattress and she said I had to call reception and sort it out myself.
I rang reception and was told I'd be rung back. 20 mins later I headed to reception and was told there was NO spare mattress in the hotel!!!! NONE!!!
Now, this hotel is full of kids, and kids sometimes wet the bed as kids do. So my question is if one of those kids wet the bed are there no spare mattresses in the hotel? Are people lying on urine stained beds?
A mattress was eventually found. The manager said they found ONE in the storeroom. I was very grateful that our mattress was replaced, and I HAD spilt water on it, BUT, I had to fight to get a spare mattress. Definitely not how any other 4 star hotel I have ever been to has treated me....the guest.
This is a heaven for couples with kids, stay away if you're looking for 4 star treatment.
I have read that €250,000 has been spent on this hotel in the last while.
That's a drop in the ocean for a hotel. It certainly hasn't been spent on the rooms or on a chef that cares about what he/she cooks.
It has probably been spent on the foyer where upon arrival you're hit with all manner of quirky furniture and works of art.
This hotel is full of kids and parents love it because they can kick back in the bar and have a few drinks while the kids are at kid clubs or in the swimming pool ( we were advised at reception and at the pool that we should only go to the pool after 7 when the kids were gone. Considering last orders in the restaurant were at 8, it made it impossible to enjoy this facility).
I am a musician now and we stay in so so many hotels. This is defiantly NOT what we expect from a four star hotel and management is NOT trained in 4 star treatment of its guests.
The facade in the foyer is not what this hotels about.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 'Majestically Magical' 4 Star Hillgrove Hotel, Leisure & Spa is the ideal location for fabulous break away. Less than an hour's drive from Belfast and Dublin the Hotel boasts 87 beautifully decorated bedrooms, including Suites with Jacuzzis. Enjoy their fabulous Leisure Club with Swimming Pool, Jacuzzi, Steam Room, Sauna, Gym & Outdoor Hot Tub. You will love their luxurious Lir Spa & Wellness Centre and Hair at Hillgrove Hair Salon. The Hotel also has a superb Restaurant, Bistro, Bars, Banqueting Suites & Conference Centre. Specialising in Girlie Breaks, Murder Mysteries, Spa Packages and Family Breaks. 7 hours Free Kids Club every weekend and daily during school holidays. Bouncy Castle, Games Room, Play Areas & Outdoor Playground. Walking distance from Monaghan Town. The Hillgrove Hotel has been Awarded as the Number One Family Hotel in Ireland, Ulster's Best Wedding Venue, is Tripadvisor's Number 1 Hotel in Monaghan and in Top 25 Hotels in Ireland. Indulge and Enjoy! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hillgrove Hotel, Leisure & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hillgrove Hotel, Leisure Hotel Monaghan
- Hillgrove Hotel, Leisure And Spa
- Hillgrove Hotel Monaghan