“Fabulous Bar Food”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Monaghan
Mayo
“Fabulous Bar Food”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed here for 1 night as I was in Monaghan on business at a rate of €55 for 1 night B & B - Single rate. The hotel is located on the outskirts of town but there aren't any shops or restaurants in the immediate area. The bedroom was a reasonable size, well heated and the bed very comfortable. The bedrooms are quite a trek away from reception, as is the lift to the 1st floor bedrooms. There wasn't any shower cap provided in the bathroom but as I had one with me this wasn't a problem. The only issue I had with the room was the creaking sound from the roof (I was on top floor) but as the weather was horrible that day I'm not sure if there was a genuine problem or not. There is a very nice atmosphere in this hotel, with the staff being very friendly and with lovely areas for people to sit and read or have a cup of coffee. I ate in the bar after I checked in and found the food to be delicious and very well priced - Roast Turkey Dinner, with mashed potatoes & veg was €9.95 and Dessert (choice of 5/6) was €4.00 - I had strawberry cheesecake - divine! I didn't use the leisure centre so I can't comment on that end of things. There was a decent choice of fruit, juices, cereals & yoghurts for breakfast with the cooked options being (a) Full Irish (b) Vegetarian Breakfast or (c) Smoked Salmon with Scrambled eggs. I particularly appreciated that full breakfast was available from 7.00 a.m. I ended up back in this hotel for lunch (the day I checked out) with others involved in the business trip and the Beef Casoulet I had was lovely and my colleagues enjoyed their choices also. All in all, a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Majella-Toner, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel and Leisure Club, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear AchillIslandMayo,

Thank you very much for your very kind review. We are delighted that you were so happy with your stay. It is always so nice to receive positive feedback. Yes the Bar Food and Carvery lunch is delicious. Thank you for your kind comments. We hope you will visit again very soon and that you will get the opportunity to try the Leisure Club facilities on your next visit.

Best wishes,

Majella

Sales and Marketing Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Polish first
Monaghan, Ireland
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed in four seasons hotel Monaghan for two nights and got an excellent deal which included breakfast and one evening meal. Once we saw the hotel and had the evening meal, we began to wonder if we had misunderstood the rate and that the price quoted was each or something. But no, it was just very reasonable. The food was excellent, the room and bathroom were lovely and the staff were very pleasant. Overall the standard was extremely high and I just wish there were more hotels like this.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Majella-Toner, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel and Leisure Club, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Juste G,

We are delighted that you had a wonderful stay at the Four Seasons Hotel Monaghan . Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding our excellent food, facilities and friendly staff.

We would also like to give a special thanks for taking the time to write this lovely review and we hope to see you again soon :) .

Kind Regards,

Majella

Majella Toner
Sales Manager
PH: 04781888
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed in Four Seasons hotel Monaghan just for one night, very reasonable rates with very friendly staff. Room was large and well presented. Breakfast had everything one could need.Had really nice meal and few lovely cocktails in stilI bar. I would and have recomended Four seasons hotel and leisure club to all my friends.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
tyrone
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

leisure facilities & breakfast were the good points for me with this hotel. the rooms are starting to look a bit dated. there was an old fashioned tv in corner (only time i havnt seen a flatscreen in a hotel room). more of an issue for me however was that there was no bath in the bathroom. this was v disapointing.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank garymackenna
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Food is lovely and good choice. Very well presented. Good size restaurant not sitting top of each other. A lot groups with families seem really enjoying it too. Staff very professional and friendly. Good atmosphere in bar after meal.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Klaipeda, Lithuania
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We stayed here 3 nights as part of a tour of Ireland. Our rooms were ready on arrival and the restaurant staff and food were excellent.The decor and ambience were very comfortable.Thoroughly enjoyed stay and look forward to returning

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2014

My husband and I had a great time at the Four Seasons Monaghan last weekend. The staff we exceptionally friendly and efficient. We had both dinner and breakfast at Range bar in the hotel and the service for both meal was great.
The hotel was brilliant so peacefull and quiet..rooms were spotless and i enjoyed every minute of my stay and i would advise this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monaghan
Hillgrove Hotel, Leisure & Spa
#1 of 1 in Castleblayney
Cavan Crystal Hotel
Cavan Crystal Hotel
#2 of 4 in Cavan

Been to Four Seasons Hotel and Leisure Club? Share your experiences!