Four Seasons Hotel and Leisure Club
  • Breakfast included
The Glencarn Hotel(Castleblayney)
Shirley Arms Hotel(Carrickmacross)
View Hotel
All reviewscoach holidayleisure clublovely hotelfood was lovelyovernight staymonaghan townone night staywalk in showervery pleasant staybit datedsteaklast weekendtown centrebar foodsaturday nightwedding receptionfrom start to finish
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The Reception Staff in this Hotel are terrific, they are professional, friendly and polite. The Hotel it's self is a little dated although the room was a good size but the bed was only a double and the pillows were very hard, there were two supposedly softer ones but these were even firmer! We ate in the Bar and the food was a bit of a letdown as the Waitress only gave us one tiny bowl of chips for two people (we think she forgot to bring us another bowl) so we had about four chips each! We really should have asked why? Also we stayed on a Saturday night and the Hotel has no form of entertainment, but provides transport into the nearby town and actually will recommend Bars with music, would they not be better providing music themselves and stop their guests from having to go into the nearby town, this just does not make any sense to loose all this trade although the Staff did say that they do have entertainment available on Sundays!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
4SeasonsMonaghan, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel and Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Twig59,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and are very grateful for your kind comments in relation to our friendly receptionists. We are sorry that you felt that the room was dated an that your meal was disappointing. You should be able to approach the waitress as i know they would be grateful for you reminding them. We will try to improve on these faults as soon as possible.
Yes we have Sunday night dancing every Sunday which has been a great success. If you wish to discuss any of these matters further please do not hesitate to contact the hotel. We take all feedback very seriously and will do our utmost best to improve in all departments of the hotel.

Hopefully you will visit again very soon.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Iv just celebrated my hen night at the Four Season Hotel in Monaghan and I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Most of the staff at the hotel are very welcoming. Nothing seemed to be a bother to them if you needed or asked for something they did their best to accommodate. There was quite a large crowd of us so it is maybe understandable that some of the food was forgotten about at dinner until most people had finished but this is a miner detail. The facilities are fantastic. Massage was so relaxing and the cocktail demonstration with Eddie was great. Cocktails were delicious. Food was also delicious. Pity the night-club of the hotel was closed on this night as it would have been nice to dance the night away at the hotel but local night clubs are not far away. This was my second visit to this hotel and I would highly recommend it for stags and hens.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anna_Marie45
4SeasonsMonaghan, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel and Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Hi Anna-Marie,

Thank you so much for your very kind review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay so much. The cocktail classes really are so popular Eddie and the cocktail bar staff are fantastic. We are delighted you also enjoyed your massages.

Thank you again so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you to the Four Seasons Hotel Monaghan again soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for business, and I really enjoyed my stay. The staff are very friendly, the room was very comfortable, and the food very nice in the restaurant. The breakfast could have more options, as there is not a whole lot of choice in the continental section. The gym is great, and I enjoyed being able to work out in the evenings there. I will be returning again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Majella-Toner, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel and Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Deekk,

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply, We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Four Seasons Hotel Monaghan. Thank you for your kind comments in relation to our staff and food. We pride ourselves on providing excellent food and service and are always looking for ways to improve our hotel. We will try and make more options available on the breakfast menu in the near future.

Looking forward to you visiting us again very soon.

King Regards,
Majella,

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed here for 1 night as I was in Monaghan on business at a rate of €55 for 1 night B & B - Single rate. The hotel is located on the outskirts of town but there aren't any shops or restaurants in the immediate area. The bedroom was a reasonable size, well heated and the bed very comfortable. The bedrooms are quite a trek away from reception, as is the lift to the 1st floor bedrooms. There wasn't any shower cap provided in the bathroom but as I had one with me this wasn't a problem. The only issue I had with the room was the creaking sound from the roof (I was on top floor) but as the weather was horrible that day I'm not sure if there was a genuine problem or not. There is a very nice atmosphere in this hotel, with the staff being very friendly and with lovely areas for people to sit and read or have a cup of coffee. I ate in the bar after I checked in and found the food to be delicious and very well priced - Roast Turkey Dinner, with mashed potatoes & veg was €9.95 and Dessert (choice of 5/6) was €4.00 - I had strawberry cheesecake - divine! I didn't use the leisure centre so I can't comment on that end of things. There was a decent choice of fruit, juices, cereals & yoghurts for breakfast with the cooked options being (a) Full Irish (b) Vegetarian Breakfast or (c) Smoked Salmon with Scrambled eggs. I particularly appreciated that full breakfast was available from 7.00 a.m. I ended up back in this hotel for lunch (the day I checked out) with others involved in the business trip and the Beef Casoulet I had was lovely and my colleagues enjoyed their choices also. All in all, a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Majella-Toner, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel and Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear AchillIslandMayo,

Thank you very much for your very kind review. We are delighted that you were so happy with your stay. It is always so nice to receive positive feedback. Yes the Bar Food and Carvery lunch is delicious. Thank you for your kind comments. We hope you will visit again very soon and that you will get the opportunity to try the Leisure Club facilities on your next visit.

Best wishes,

Sales and Marketing Manager

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed in four seasons hotel Monaghan for two nights and got an excellent deal which included breakfast and one evening meal. Once we saw the hotel and had the evening meal, we began to wonder if we had misunderstood the rate and that the price quoted was each or something. But no, it was just very reasonable. The food was excellent, the room and bathroom were lovely and the staff were very pleasant. Overall the standard was extremely high and I just wish there were more hotels like this.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Juste G,

We are delighted that you had a wonderful stay at the Four Seasons Hotel Monaghan . Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding our excellent food, facilities and friendly staff.

We would also like to give a special thanks for taking the time to write this lovely review and we hope to see you again soon :) .