Westenra Arms Hotel
US$142
US$124
US$110
  • Restaurant
The Valley Hotel(Fivemiletown)(Great Value!)
US$119
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdiamond suitesteakcentral locationbar foodcentre of towncaesar saladmonaghan towngreat nightcarvery lunchvisited this hotelcouldn't do enoughwaiting stafffour poster bedwell worth a visitlovely hotelfirst classnightclub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Stayed in the Westenra Arms during the fantastic Harvest Blues Festival. It was a wonderful stay from the minute we arrived. From the front desk staff, the bar staff, the waiting staff right through to the security staff and the room service staff, the friendly efficient service was exceptional.
You would expect at a very busy weekend such as the Blues Festival that standards might slip but that certainly was not the case at the Westenra. In fact it appeared to me that the staff were even more attentative dispite the extra pressure of the very large crowds.What paticularly struck me was the staff seemed to be trained to constantly scan the areas they were working in to spot any customers who might be in need of something. I found I was able to catch the eye of a staff member within seconds of wanting to order something.
The Westenra also needs to be complimented on how the staff were pecented for the Blues weekend. The bar staff in particular all wore Blues Brothers suits, hats and shades which really added to the festive atmosphere.
The owner of the Westenra Arms, Frank McAleney seemed to be 'everywhere' throuthout the weekend. Behind the bar one minute, at reception the next, in the dining room, in the marquee and his sole mission seemed to be to insure everyone was having a great time.
We were very impressed with overall atmosphere and decor in the hotel espically the bar upstairs and the basement bar and overall I have no reservation in giving the Westenra Arms 5 stars and a very high recommendation as the best place to stay for the Harvest Blues Festival
D. Donohue

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Dermot D
Westenra A, Owner at Westenra Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Dear Dermot D,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your distinguished review. Myself and all the staff at the Westenra really enjoyed having you stay, and we are really looking forward to next year already!

Thanks again,
Management.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

We were here for a wedding - the reception was held on the premises and loads of us (from all around the world) stayed here too.
The reception was lovely - food good - room a little cramped but there were loads of us!!
Staff, particularly the reception and the breakfast room staff, were just great, very friendly and helpful.
We had a triple bed room at the front. It was very noisy on the Friday night with people outside carousing until about 3am I think. But I never go anywhere without my earplugs - bring earplugs, people! But you really can't blame the hotel for noise outside so I won't.
The room was quite cramped but sufficient for our needs with enough storage space for three nights, comfy beds, seemed clean enough (stains on the carpet I'm afraid) and the bathroom was very nice with an excellent shower. A really powerful shower, goodness knows how much extra water was used in the showering but it was appreciated!
It's an older style hotel with slightly less-than up-to-date fixtures and fittings but as I say, clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs or request a room at the back, if there are any, unless you're travelling in winter and won't need to open a window!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Claire155
Reviewed 25 August 2013

had a lovely meal here my family but feel the need to say that the big let down was the waitress..as i work in same industry i find it cost nothing to be pleasant n nice to my customers..the waitress i am sorry to say was rude n no interaction with us,cutlery was thrown on table...my family in monaghan visit here regulary...n when i visit we tend to go there

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We recently held our wedding reception here and it was outstanding! The food was great and the staff were polite, courteous and extremely helpful - particularly Ciaran the manager who personally ensured that everyone was happy and content. Many of our guests have told us how impressed they were with the hotel. Well worth a visit

Room Tip: Can be noisy outside at weekend so a room at the rear of the hotel might suit light sleepers best
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gooner2112
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Its well placed in the city centre. The hotel is fairly dated for the price. PLEASE be advised to get a room on the back of the hotel to get a good nights rest. Friendly and efficient staff will however make for a good stay. I'll give them u thumbs up for efficiency.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple