“Amazing week! ”

Annaharvey Farm Equestrian Centre
More attraction details
Owner description: For great Equestrian Holidays in Ireland, with lots of horse riding available in all disciplines, particularly show jumping, cross-country and dressage, with full board accommodation or just bed and breakfast. Situated just outside Tullamore County Offaly in the heart of Ireland, Annaharvey Farm has it all.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing week! ”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Staying for a week at annaharvey farm for an intensive riding course. B+b is very comfortable and the food is great staff are very kind and helpful. The riding instructors are lovely and very knowledgeable I was very keen to improve my x country riding and they very kindly arranged a private lesson for me so I could work on specific areas really enjoyed it and sully is a star bless him !

2 Thank helen B

Tullamore, Ireland
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Visiting Santa Clause”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Other reviewers of Annagharvey have focussed on their equestrian business and from what I hear it is an excellent place to visit. My visit was on a completely different mission. A visit to santa claus no less and we weren't disappointed. From start to finish this is a child's dream. The experience starts with a pony ride (minimum age 3 years) and continues with a walk through a barn full of a huge variety of farmyard animals. A very large horse called Samson to a miniature pony named Casanova and a host of pidgeons, pigs,donkeys,alpacas,dogs, puppies,sheep and much more. A friendly elf was our guide and the children could touch most of the animals. Once outside the barn a maze had to be negotiated to get to Santa's village.Prancer and Dancer were preparing for the long trip on Christmas eve. We passed through the post office and packaging areas before meeting the man himself. An excellent Santa who knew all about my granddaughter's pets. This Farm is well worth a visit. It's most enjoyable for both children and their parents

Visited December 2013
1 Thank walhol
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Horse riders dream....”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Came here with my wife, 8 yr old daughter and 17 yr old niece. All had ridden before. Riding was tailored to what they wanted. Indoor lessons, jumping lessons, country hacks and cross country. My daughter loved the country hacks and as she had a hard time with her horse in her last llesson, they put her on a bigger, but easier horse and took her for a short hack so she had a memorable end to the holiday for the best reasons. My niece had ridden quite a lot my never jumped. She had one jumping lesson and then had a great time out on a cross country course trying different types of jumps.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank TMC825
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Really enjoyed it”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I took up riding in middle age and decided to try a week here to improve my confidence and skills. I was completely satisfied. The instructors were excellent. The B&B is comfortable and the food hearty. The family that runs the place was extremely welcoming. I would certainly go back.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Tbeverid
London, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Horses, horses everywhere”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We're horse folk, so finding a B&B that's also a top quality equestrian facility was great - and it felt very much like home seeing all those pony heads poking out from their stables. But that's a very personal view - and doesn't say much about the B&B side of things.

We were a very late booking - phoning as we drove through Tullamore, but we had a friendly welcome from Sam, and were shown to a spacious, basic but comfortable family style room for the night. The house was nice and quiet. We met Lynda the next morning at breakfast - and had a lovely chat as well as a great meal.

A tip to remember, though - the hot water is turned down at night, so if you're an early riser remember to let them know, and once it's back on we found that to get it running you do need to turn the shower pressure up fairly high. Not a problem, but handy to know on a chilly morning if you're as keen as my partner.

Annaharvey isn't a glamorous resort - it's a working property that has diversified and offers sensible, comfortable farm-style accommodation alongside its excellent equestrian operations. And although we were only there for one quick night, it was obvious that the farm has plenty to offer the non-equestrian visitor - including walking tracks and a range of farm based and local activities.

Visited March 2013