“A great place to start or end your journey in Ireland”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tullamore
Grennan's Country House
Ranked #1 of 12 Tullamore B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We booked into Grennan's for our last night in Ireland. We had been in Tralee for a family reunion and wanted to make our way somewhere closer to Dublin for a stress-free run to the airport the following morning. Deirdre welcomed us at short notice and put us up in one of the chalets. They are spacious, comfortable and fully self-contained. We were travelling with 3 young children and Deidre baked cupcakes especially for them. Full cooked breakfast was lovely too and a treat as we had been self-catering. Very warm and generous hosts, we highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 September 2013

We were going to my niece's wedding and wanted overnight accommodation. My niece had a list of places on her wedding website but by the time we were booking they were all full.
So I got onto tripadvisor and found Grennan's. We never stayed in a B&B before but it was the only place with a good rating within a 30 minute radius of the Wedding.
We arrived at about 12 to drop off our bags and get changed and were greeted with home-made apple tart, biscuits and tea. Had a lovely friendly chat with our hostess and got ready for the wedding.
When we arrived back, in the small hours, there was a note on our door telling us tea etc were available downstairs. When I went down a light was on in the corner of the dining room that lit up a prepared tray...wow.
We slept in a big comfy bed. Everything was spotless. The ensuite had a powerful shower.
Hubbie had a hot breakfast whereas I like porridge. If you like porridge do order it as it is so creamy, a much improved version on what I make. Again homemade bread & scones accompanied breakfast.
When we were leaving, I complimented Deirdre's baking, she asked did I want to bring home some scones.
I hope hotels are reading this as this lady could teach them how to treat their guests. It isn't the Brennans that should be giving advice but the Grennans.
If you look at my other reviews you will see that I am fussy but I couldn't find one fault. Oh yes Deirdre asked us was there anything she could improve on.....I have never been asked that before! Answer...NO...well done Deirdre :)
Nearly forgot the cost....70 euro...for everything...unbelievable.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura-Sweeney
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Can't rate this B&B highly enough. I've stayed here twice in the past year and both times have been great, I stayed in different chalets and they were great. Rooms are spacious and all ensuite and the house has everything you would need. Deidre is very accommodating and brought us cake and scones when we arrived and makes an amazing Irish breakfast in the mornings. Look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I have just spent 6 nights here for a family reunion and was quite overwhelmed by Deidre and Pat's welcome. They are everything B&B owners should be (and so rarely are!)
Luxurious comfortable beds, a hearty well- cooked breakfast, generous welcome pack, delicious homemade scones and cakes. What more could you ask for?
Thank-you Diedre and Pat (and John and Pat junior) also Bruno and Oscar for making our visit so memorable. Special thanks to Deidre for getting up at 6am to make our breakfast before we left!
PS County Offaly is a hidden gem with many lovely locations not yet overtaken by tourism. Well worth a visit.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 674Lulu_belle
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Unbelievable hostess, spotlessly clean, so comfortable and hearty breakfast. Would have no hesitation in going back. My husband, myself and 3 children stayed for 1 night as our daughter was entered into the javelin competition in Tullamore. Cant say enough positive things, everything was perfect.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PatriciaMc20
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Our little group of two adults and two young children recently stayed at Grennans and found it to be a gem of the highest quality.

We stayed in one of the three available self catering apartments, but it was really a big house rather than an apartment with everything we needed.

Our host Dierdre couldn't do enough for us, baking a struddle on our first evening and then showing up with warm home made scones on our second morning...fantastic!

Wonderful place, hosts & experience. Couldn't have asked for more and it's a place we'll definitely revisit with a larger group in the future.

Thanks To the Grennan Family

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Thomas M
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Stayed here this weekend for daughter attending Athletics competition in Tullamore. I chose it because it was No 1 on Tripadvisor and boy does it deserve to be! From the moment we arrived we were taken care of...the kettle was switched on when Deirdre saw us arrive so freshly boiled for a cuppa after a long journey...homemade buns and chocolate biscuits for the children...real milk in fridge - not those HORRIBLE UHT exploding sachet things! Extremely comfortable bed and pillows - and I am very fussy having had 3 lots of back surgery! Spotless Bathroom and hot shower! The Best Full Irish Breakfast I have ever had on a hot plate, really good coffee, lots of toast and wheaten bread and to top it all....a parcel of homemade warm from the oven scones and a flask of hot coffee to take with us! This place is a benchmark for B&Bs...the rest of you - time to up your game :) Loved loved loved it!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mummyspice
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tullamore
Central Hotel Tullamore
Sea Dew Guesthouse
Sea Dew Guesthouse
#3 of 12 in Tullamore
Annaharvey Farm Bed and Breakfast

Been to Grennan's Country House? Share your experiences!