“This really is a 5 star B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tullamore
Grennan's Country House
Ranked #1 of 12 Tullamore B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This B&B is faultless, the house is splendid, the room we had was beautiful, the food and home baked scones are unbelievable, however, the jewel in the crown is Deirdre, a warm, welcoming host, who ensured we wanted for absolutely nothing.My wife and I were made to feel welcome and at home throughout our stay.This is Irish hospitality at it's best,
If you need a B&B in Offally make your way to Grennan's. My wife and I had a 2 night B&B stay at Grennan's Country House . On arrival we were greeted by Deirdre, the owner, who brought us into the sitting room, which was beautiful, and provided us with some very welcome tea and fresh coffee, with home baked caramel squares, mmmmm.
The breakfasts we had were delicious, with a choice of breakfast food available: fresh fruit, choice of cereals, juices, yogurts, home baked scones, and of course a Full Irish Breakfast. It really is a FULL Irish Breakfast.
"I'll be back"

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tommy B

Reviewed 22 August 2014

This was a really nice place we stumbled on when we had to make a change of plans last minute. Clean, welcoming, attractive. We were very, very pleased with everything. The breakfast was excellent, the hostess charming. Even Oscar and Bruno the dogs made sure we enjoyed our stay!

Room Tip: Rooms in the out buildings are very private and self sufficient, the rooms in the main house I am su...
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We spent there a week for children to go to a soccer summer camp, and we really feel like home! Home made bakery is súper! Family always try to help you! Cottage has everything you need( Washine machine , washer, dryer,..).Don't forget it is a farm not a 5 star hotel!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I am writing this review on behalf of my parents who recently stayed at this excellent B&B. Having travelled to every Province in the country this year, this was the spot that felt like home. Shortly after their arrival home they commissioned me to write a review as the traditional thank you card does not reach the same audience .
The welcome was second to none, with the hostess coming to meet them at their car. They were shown to their room given freshly baked scones and encouraged to help themselves to tea. The room was spacious, pristine and very comfortable. It is a beautiful country estate set in a tranquil area. The business is family run with hostesss's husband stopping at breakfast to greet the guests. Their son worked the tables efficiently and with the same attention to detail as his parents. The home-made food was plentiful and excellent. They were greeted like old friends treated like family and it was only 08-00am. So thank you to Deirdre and your family, we only hope that you will not booked out when they return next year. Regards John & Ann Joyce

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I've been going to Tullamore for best part of 40 yrs visiting family, and I can honestly say that Grennans is the best place I've stayed. Granted, up to 3 yrs ago I stayed with family (under sufferance) but this place is an absolute heaven. The location is just right, the furthest coast being about 3hrs away. Deirdre and her family are absolutely lovely and cannot do enough for you. Infact there youngest son has become very pally with my two sons, even going out with us and my two going out with them. My family have stayed at Grennans (party of 11 both times) twice with ages ranges from 2yrs to 67yrs, and all loving the stay. I will never stay at family again and neither will my two sons, who have said they will always visit tullamore. Deirdre also bakes scones and cakes/pies that are to die for.
In a nut shell, stunning location, lovely family, accommodation second to non, and if the drive to the house doesn't take your breath away, nothing ever will.

Room Tip: if u like to fend for yourself and your a family ranging of all ages, choose self catering. if you w...
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

It's our second year at Grennans country House and as previously we had a great stay, apartment is big enough to host 6 people with queen sized beds in both rooms. Kitchen had anything you need to prepare meals and lady owner went out of her way to make our stay as comfortable as possible. Thank you again and hope to see you soon.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 1 August 2014

First class B&B.. Houses are immaculate condition. Very warm welcome one arrival and throughout our stay we felt very much at home.. Throughout my 3 week stay I cannot fault Grennan's. Look forward to returning in the near future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business