“Golf trip to Ireland”

Esker Hills Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Esker Hills, Tullamore, Co. Offaly is regarded as one of Ireland's leading inland golf courses. It is a challenging championship golf course where no two holes are remotely alike. It is noted for its distinct links feel, superb sand-based greens, all-year playability and warm welcome.Awarded "Irelands Bestest Hidden Gem" in Leinster at The Golfers Guide To Ireland Awards 2012.
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This was my first visit to Ireland. it was a family trip and i got to squeeze in 1 game of golf. i had the fortune to play Esker Hills. What a fabulous course wit the fantastic view from the high tees. Ray the owner was kind enough to meet us out on the course with bottles of water and spent 10 mins shooting the breeze.
The course was challenging but fair and really enjoyed the pint in the clubhouse at the end.
Staff were very friendly and very accomadating, The course was unlike any of the course ive played in NY with the hills and the trees and the green grass but it was a thouroughly enjoyable experience.
Would recommend Esker Hills to anyone interested in playing a very fine golf course - ask for Ray.

1  Thank Jimmy_Carroll2014

Reviewed 4 May 2014

On Friday 2nd May 14 my pals and I played Esker Hills golf course and what a great day we had, it really is an exceptional golf course and a real challenge, they charge a very reasonable rate and to hire a buggy it's only 20 euro and we enjoyed a smashing dinner after the golf. I would wholeheartedly recommend Esker Hills as it ticks all the boxes.

2  Thank Alan T K
Reviewed 3 May 2014

First time in Ireland playing golf and I have to say the hospitality was amazing for the whole day. The Captain, lady captain and other members joining in. Brilliant golf course esker hills and a return is definitely on the cards.

2  Thank Lee Park G
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Fantastic course layout that I have played for a third time. The course always impresses with it magnificent variety and undulations. It is unlike any other course in Ireland. Impossible to pick a favourite hole, there are too many that leave a real impression. The course is not long but really makes you think about your shot selection. The greens were in great condition and will test your putting skills. I will return many times from 80 miles away.

I must add that the hospitality was very welcoming and added greatly to a superb day out.

If thinking about playing this, just go for it, you will not be dissapointed. just make sure to use a buggy as it is highly undulating.

2  Thank Donncha O
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I recenttly visited Esker Hills Golf course in May 2014 with another 15 golfers. We where all of the same opinion. This is a truly an outstanding golf course. Each year I play between 25 to 30 courses in England and Wales and Esker Hills is one that should not be missed. The cost to play this course is the best value for money course I have ever played. Ray was a great point of contact, Ray made us all feel very welcome and introduced us to the Captain and some great members. I would give the total experiance 10 out of 10 with no reservations.

3  Thank chubby00758