“Staying in the Midlands”

Tullamore Court Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Tullamore
Reviewed 29 October 2012

This is the fourth time I have stayed in the Tullamore Court Hotel and each time has been a very enjoyable experience. The staff are very helpful about every request, whether arranging taxis or advising on places to see, and the rooms very comfortable, though a little too warm, as with many hotels. The food is good too; with a choice of bar-food or restaurant. I particularly liked that the breakfast menu included organic eggs, and also fish, as well as a more traditional cooked breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Tullamore C, Director of Sales at Tullamore Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

Dear Susan M,

Thank you so much for your repeat business at the hotel. We are delighted to read your review and your comments in relation to the team at the hotel. It is encouraging to read such positive comments and I will certainly ensure that the hotel team are aware of your feedback.
We look forward to seeing you at the hotel in the near future

Reviewed 27 October 2012

We had 2 night break. Overall a safe and quiet choice as a base in Tullamore. Nothing special to highlight. Suggest to get an inside facing room to avoid road noise. Nice spa with extras. Breakfast was not good so take care what you order from kitchen.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Tullamore C, Director of Sales at Tullamore Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2012

Dear Marco Polo888,
I would like to thank you most sincerely on behalf of myself and the team here at the Tullamore Court Hotel, both for choosing to stay with us and for providing such a lovely review of your experience with us.
We would love to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future. If you wish to be added to our mailing list regarding special offers and occasions, please do not hesitate to contact our Marketing Department on marketing@tullamorecourthotel.ie
Kind Regards

Reviewed 15 October 2012

Just back from 2 day break with some friends and I have to say it was a nice place to stay for a couple of days.The staff are lovely, something that needed to improve in most places since the celtic tiger years and I'm happy to say its been achieved here. The decor is quite dated but kept clean so no complaints there. The only blot on the landscape was the fact that my room only had a shower no bath!!!! and it was brutal, half glass door that I had to lift to gain access, add a shower curtain that only reached halfway round which meant that the water went everywhere oh and no heating in the bathroom either, my knees were blue.
That aside I had a lovely time and would return again, if I could have a bathroom with a bath and heat.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Bungyjumper,
I would like to thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor and your recent stay at the Tullamore Court Hotel. I would like to apologise for the issue you had with the shower in your room.
We are at the moment in the process of updating areas of the hotel. In relation to trip advisor reviews, receiving customer comments and feedback is an integral part of our business and we consistently take on board all comments received. We would be delighted to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
Catherine

Reviewed 14 October 2012

Reception,bar and dining room room staff were both hospitable and polite. Bedroom comfortable(non smoking) but smell of smoke on corridor.
Breakfast and lunch were fine but dinner was appalling.
Wilted caesar salad.Tough,tough,tough steak. How can a chef get it so bad? We felt sorry for the lovely waiting staff having to return mounds of meat.
Never again.

Room Tip: Ask for room over looking courtyard. Nice and sunny.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Anne G,
Many thanks for your recent stay and your review on Trip Advisor. I would like to apologise most sincerely for the issues that you experienced with food during your stay. I will certainly speak to our Head Chef in relation to your comments.
We certainly hopes that this would not deter you in staying at the hotel again and if you would like to make a booking please feel free to contact myself directly at Catherine@tullamorecourthotel.ie

Reviewed 8 October 2012

Fab hotel. We stayed in a executive room. Very spacious. Great food. P.s thanks to the waiting staff. For organising a birthday cake for my wife's birthday . And a rousing rendition of happy birthday.:).

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Matf,
On behalf of myself and the team at the Tullamore Court HoteI, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Tullamore Court Hotel and will pass on your comments to the team. We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the future
Regards

Reviewed 8 October 2012

a business trip to tullamore court excellent room spotlessly clean and everything worked quiet too had meal in the restaurant saturday night great atmosphere with resident pianist and the meal and service was superb couldnt be faulted and we were very happy to let head waiter know how pleased we were this continued through good sleep night and breakfast which was served all in all delighted with our stay and all staff we met were friendly informed and helpful and i have no hesitation in recommending tullamore court hotel to anyone lots of car parking very central and we shall be back again at the first opportunity

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Dear Sonoftc,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your excellent feedback from your recent stay. We are delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at the hotel. I will pass on all your comments to our team in particular our Restaurant Manager Muirt Fenlon. His team in the restaurant will be delighted to hear your comments. It is encouraging for the team to read should positive comments.
We look forward to welcoming you to hotel in the near future.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 2 October 2012

A very enjoyable stay. Started off a little rocky because the bed linen hadn't been changed from the previous occupant. Manager responded very quickly and put us in another room which was an upgrade (very nice room) I will go for the upgrade the next time I stay.

Staff very friendly and food was excellent, piano player in restaurant was a very nice touch. I will definitely be staying here again

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the Executive Room 10 Euro per person per night well worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Alex S,
Many thanks for your recent review on Trip Advisor and thanks for choosing to stay at the Tullamore Court Hotel for your weekend break. I am glad to hear that our Management team looked after you needs efficiently and promptly.
Our Windmill Restaurant certainly has a lovely atmosphere with our resident pianist. I will be passing on your comments at our next team meeting.
We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the near future.

Kindest Regards,
Catherine Killeen

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tullamore
Bridge House Hotel, Spa and Leisure Club
Sheraton Athlone
Sheraton Athlone
#3 of 9 in Athlone
Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone

Been to Tullamore Court Hotel? Share your experiences!