“Spiders in the Room, Night Manager Rude”

Tullamore Court Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Tullamore
“Spiders in the Room, Night Manager Rude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

Spiders in the Room, Night Manager Rude

Massive spider in the room, emailing the GM of this fact, guest next door going mad and this is only at 9pm, in the suites of the hotel.

Waited 10mins before a barman even looked as us in the bar, had to leave without even getting a drink (coffee) 11:30pm.

Done our business in tullamore returned to the hotel @ 4:04am asked for a drink and told the bar was closed, even asked if we could bring it to the room and told no, in case we had a party!!!! In the room. We are business people and paid extra for a suit.

Night Manager has no respect for people, and does not even dress like a manager.

Stayed here on the 30/12/12 and saw people been dealt with in the same manner, customer care does not happen in this hotel. We will be staying in the Bridge House Hotel from now on.

Regards

Seán

Booked in 08/02/13 Room 302.

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank seanmcahill1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Czech first
CAVAN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

My wife and I and our two kids had some business to attend to and Tullamore happen to tie in with our arrangments. I booked the Tullamore Court Hotel, easy to find and good car parking. Once inside , it had a nice warm atmosphere about it. The satff member at the check in desk was very pleasant and greeted us with a very warm Tullamore welcome.. When we got to our room, I noticed there was no bed for my youngest son, but very shortly after a call to reception the issue was soon resolved. The room was very spacious, warm and most comfortable, with all mod cons. When settled, it was time for some food, we decided on some bar food as it was quite late. Food was enjoyable. Staff were friendly and the bar was very comfortable. The leisure centre is excellent and my family and I really enjoyed it. Late check out untill 1p.m was not a problem,but after one a charge would be added to the bill. I also noticed I was charged 12.00 for childrens breakfasts, so check your package prior to booking. Overall It was a very pleasant stay and based on my service I would return again to this hotel.

Room Tip: Family room was very spacious , comfortable with all mod cons.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank MARKCavan
Tullamore C, Sales, Events and Conference Coordinator at Tullamore Court Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Dear MARKCavan
I am delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that you received a high standard of service throughout. I am also delighted to hear that you enjoyed the food and the leisure centre facilities and that you received excellent customer service. We pride ourselves on the high quality of food our chefs produce, the high levels of customer service we provide throughout all departments and on being a family friendly hotel. I am also very happy to hear that the accommodation was up to your standards and that you were made to feel welcome and comfortable during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Tullamore Court Hotel in the near future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

We stayed here last weekend (Fri 25th Jan - 27th) myself, parents, sister, brother-in-law and 2 year old nephew. The stay was perfect! Comfy, large rooms, excellent facilities and delicious food. The staff were so helpful and friendly, although I only caught 2 names, Eddie and Breda (who was so lovely to my nephew when we ate in the restaurant on the Saturday night, a real level of care) I live in London and coming home to visit this hotel proved that the Irish really still are top of the hospitality game. Thank you Tullamore Court, will definitely return.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Annie8344
Tullamore C, Director of Sales at Tullamore Court Hotel, responded to this review, 12 February 2013
Dear Annie8344,
Thank you for your recent stay at the Tullamore Court Hotel and for placing your review on Trip Advisor.
We were delighted to hear that you and your family experienced our high level of standards and service throughout your stay. We pride ourselves on the high quality of food our chefs produce, the high levels of customer service we provide throughout all departments and on being a family friendly hotel. We were also very happy to hear that the accommodation was up to your standards and that you were made to feel welcome and comfortable during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Tullamore Court Hotel in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

I stayed in the Tullamore Court Hotel for one night in January 2013. Everything was excellent. In particular the staff were extremely competent and helpful. Thanks to Muirt who was there when I checked in and checked out. The level of comfort was exceptional. The gym was great and I was very surprised at the excellent quality of the food. My experience has been so positive I am going to book a stay in the hotel with my husband and two children. Well done to all.

Room Tip: I am a very light sleeper. I stayred in room 251 and it was extremely peaceful.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Dear FalFahy,
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that you received a high standard of service throughout. I am also delighted to hear that you enjoyed the food and the leisure centre facilities and that you received excellent customer service at reception on checking in and out. Receiving customer comments and feedback both positive and negative, helps us to ensure we are providing the best customer service possible. We pride ourselves on being a family friendly hotel and we look forward to welcoming you and your family to the Tullamore Court Hotel in the near future.

Armagh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

A one night B&B with my wife for a family party. A very pleasant stay. Check in very friendly and speedy. Room very well furnished and appointed. Tea & coffee, heating on [very cold weekend], bathroom & shower with accessories. Trouser press, hair drier. A 1 x litre glass bottle spring water a lovely touch. Bar menu varied and excellent value. Quick service despite large crowd. Great night's sleep. Breakfast full & enjoyable in relaxing area. Large foyer with coffeee etc served. Late check-out at 12 noon.
Highly recommended. Value for money.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Pgharmagh
Dear Pgharmagh,
I am delighted to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that your overall experience was a positive one. We pride ourselves on the high standard of accommodation, food and service we provide to every guest regardless of how busy the hotel is. I am very happy to hear of the excellent customer service you received at reception on checking in and we look forward to welcoming you to the Tullamore Court Hotel in the near future

Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night in December 2012. We had come to meet some friends in the local area and to see the comedian Des Bishop perform in the hotel.
The hotel itself was bigger than I was expecting and the staff gave us a friendly welcome.
We found the room to be very spacious and clean with a nice big comfy bed and a decent sized TV, and even some sort of Bose sound system (which we didn't use.)

Before the show we grabbed a bite to eat downstairs in the hotel, and considering they were packed full, the food arrived quickly and was pretty good.
We ended up drinking in the hotel bar with said friends after the show and I couldn't fault it at all....although the cultural quirk of 'white or pink lemonade?' did make us laugh.

I would have expected to pay more than we did for a nice hotel like this and would definately return.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Everything_Flows
Tullamore C, Sales, Events and Conference Coordinator at Tullamore Court Hotel, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Dear Everything_Flows,
Many thanks for your positive review; and for taking the time to write it up on trip advisor. Apologies for my delay in responding.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that you received a high standard of service throughout. I am also delighted to hear that you and your friends enjoyed the food and the show and that you received excellent customer service. I am also very happy to hear that the accommodation was up to your standards and that you were made to feel welcome and comfortable during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Tullamore Court Hotel in the near future.
Kind Regards,
The Tullamore Court Hotel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013 via mobile

We had dinner on the 27th of december the food was amazingly good and the service was first class.The restaurant manager was extremely professional and friendly, his attention to detail was very much appreciated as i was cold and he brought a draft screen to our table without any comment from our party. Thank you so much and i hope to return soon.
Patricia

Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Patricia S
Dear Patricia S,
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that you enjoyed a high standard of service throughout. I am particularly delighted to hear that you enjoyed your meal and your overall experience of our Windmills Restaurant was a positive one. We endeavour to provide the highest level of customer service possible and we also pride ourselves on the standard of food that leaves our kitchens. We look forward to welcoming you to the Tullamore Court Hotel in the near future.

Catherine Killeen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tullamore
Bridge House Hotel, Spa and Leisure Club
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,960 reviews
The Killeshin Hotel
The Killeshin Hotel
#2 of 4 in Portlaoise

Been to Tullamore Court Hotel? Share your experiences!