Tullamore Court Hotel
Central Hotel Tullamore(Tullamore)(Great Value!)
US$109
  • Restaurant
US$187
US$159
Sea Dew Guesthouse(Tullamore)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$247
US$240
Hotwire.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsleisure centreexecutive roomlovely hoteljacuzzi bathswimming poolbar foodnext morningreception staffevening mealplenty of parkingstaff were excellentshort breakcentral locationwell worth a visitfamily roomenjoyable stayboth nights
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We stayed here for two nights midweek got a great deal on bed breakfast and one evening meal.check in was quick and receptionist was very friendly,The room was spacious and modern and contained everything we needed.We found the staff very friendly and efficient,they were kept busy at all times but kept smiling and greeting people.The only fault Iwould have is when we went for our evening meal,the bistro manager showed a us to a table it wasn't set,she hastly set it and almost threw the menu at us and left us there,she seemed more interested in the table beside us I can only guess they were regular customers.we wernt told we had a set amount to spend or that there was a set menu,we didn't realise we went over our total until check out when we were billed for the difference.in saying that the food was outstanding we didn't mind paying the extra.the hotel is a five minute walk from town centre which was handy.a nice bar to visit is Kelly's near the bridge.over all a lovely hotel in a lovely town.

Room Tip: Our room was at the side of the hotel so was quiet even with the two Windows open all night.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Tullamore C, Director of Sales at Tullamore Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear Tyr0nemum,
Many thanks for your positive review; and for taking the time to write it up on trip advisor.
I am delighted to hear that overall, you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that you received a high standard of service from Reception. I am also delighted to hear you enjoyed the food however, the standard of service you received was not up to scratch. Please be assured that this is not indicative of the usual service in the bar/bistro. Receiving customer comments and feedback both positive and negative, helps us to ensure we are providing the best customer service possible. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the Tullamore Court Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Got a great special deal from their own website E178 2nBB&1D for a couple. Hotel in great location only 5 minutes walk into town centre. Very relaxing with plenty of sofas around the lobby and bar area. Coffee shop serving lovely food. Plenty of parking space in carpark. Arrived on a very busy bank holiday Sunday and staff were great. Lovely sandwichs in bar whilst our room was getting ready and our luggage brought to our room ahead of us. Pool really nice. Had meal in bar as part of deal which was ok but since the deal was so good we didnt expect gourmet! Would definitely come back to this hotel and bring our kids. They would love the pool area and kids club. Had a very welcoming and relaxing break. Tullamore is a great wee town with lots of good pubs offering friendly staff, traditional music and a shopping centre and cinema within 5 mins walk of this hotel. My only advice to the hotel is that carpet and paintwork is getting a bit btired looking so give it a facelift to maintain its good standard.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear allybaby69,
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that you received a high standard of service on checking in and throughout, and that you enjoyed your food. We look forward to welcoming you back, and hopefully your children next time, to the Tullamore Court Hotel in the near future!

Reviewed 4 August 2013

We have just returned from a 5 night stay at the Tullamore Court Hotel. Check in was quick and efficient even on a very busy Sunday afternoon. The room was a good size with a double, single and camp bed along with a small settee, table and chair. There was more than amble wardrobe space- with lights on sensors so that everytime you opened the wardrobe doors the lights came on which was great. In the bathroom there was a jacuzzi bath, large sink and toilet with the usual toiletries. The bedding was clean and the beds were very comfortable. There was some large staining on the carpet which the settee was hiding but it didn't bother us at all. Spacious and pleasant is how I would describe the room for a family of 4.

The leisure facilities were outstanding. Our children enjoyed the pool with all its waterjets etc. I must highly commend all the staff at the hotel but especially the pool attendants. They are very vigilant and take everyone's safety as of paramount importance- some may find them very strict but I know from seeing them at least twice a day that they are only ensuring people's (especially children's saftey).

Remember your swimming hats! The changing rooms were always clean and there was one family changing room in the ladies' changing room which was always vacant when we went swimming.

The lockers work on entering your own chosen four digit code. Some of the lockers are a little temperamental and you have to ensure the blue light flashes each time you hit a digit for your code. Locker 14 always worked for us but the staff are always ready to help- my code (that I thought I put in) wouldn't let me back in one day but the staff sorted it out quickly and efficiently, sending in a female attendant to help me.

The leisure centre staff always greeted us with a friendly smile and chat and really did make us feel welcome each time we visited the pool.

The room was cleaned and the coffee, milk and biscuits were replaced along with a large bottle of water (which was greatly appreciated) each day. I would recommend maybe putting 4 cups and saucers into the family rooms (there were only 2 cups and saucers and our daughter loves a wee cuppa) but I am sure the hotel would have left more cups in if I had asked for them as they went out of their way to help. Our maid was very kind- we returned while she was just finishing off the room and our 2 children ran in to get the 2 biscuits left each day. The maid saw this and came back and gave them another 2 biscuits each which was a very kind gesture.

Breakfast was great- contintental breakfast with a selection of crossiants, mini pastries, fruit salad, dish of water melon pieces and a dish of honeydew melon, yoghurt, fruit juices and wheaten bread.

Cooked breakfast was made to order and brought to your table along with your toast and tea or coffee. The cooked breakfast included sausages, bacon, hash browns, black and white pudding, egg, mushrooms, tomatoes and beans. You could also order porridge and some fish dishes. This changed on one day when they put all the cooked breakfast out as a buffet but I think this was due to the hotel being very busy.

The Bar Bistro was busy every day of the week and it is clear that the hotel is used by many locals for the food which also tells you how good it is. I particularly commend the hotel for such a reasonably priced children's menu. Our children love soup and both loved the children's vegetable soup with bread roll for a superb 2euros 65 cents! The other dishes ranged from 3.95-6.95 on the children's menu and there was a very good selection on offer. We also enjoyed the adults' menu- with most main course being around 13.95 euros. I love my desserts but the food was so yummy and the portions so generous that I never had any room left after my main course! Maybe next time!

We had a lovely family break from the moment we entered the hotel until we checked out. We would definitely recommend this hotel and will be keeping it in mind for another trip in the future!

Thank you Tullamore Court you were a really great discovery!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Moonbeans

Dear Moonbeans,
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that you received a high standard of service throughout and that you were happy with the accommodation and leisure facilities! I am particularly delighted to hear of the excellent customer service you received throughout your stay. I am also delighted to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast every morning and your evening meals in the Bistro. We endeavour to provide the highest level of customer service possible and we also pride ourselves on the standard of food that leaves our kitchens. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Tullamore Court Hotel in the near future!

Reviewed 2 August 2013

We stayed here for one night and we had a brilliant time. The food was lovely. The pool was really nice and very clean. (Apart from the outrageously expensive swimming hats, which we had forgotten at home). The staff were really nice. The breakfast was lovely. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear EithneCork,
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that you had the chance to use the Leisure Centre. I am also delighted to hear that you enjoyed the food and your breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel in the future and we hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in Tullamore!

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Just returned from 3 nights at the Tullamore Court Hotel with my husband and two young children. This was our first trip in a hotel with kids and we weren't sure what to expect. Our last stay in a four star hotel wasn't 'great' (see my other reviews).It was also our first time staying in the Midlands. However we were pleasantly surprised. We stayed in a family room which was quite large with a travel cot, single bed and double bed. We asked for a fridge on arrival and one was provided straight away. The décor was a little dated but aside from that it was of a good standard with a good sized bathroom, TV, wifi, tea and coffee etc. The room was extremely warm but as Ireland doesn't do air-conditioning this is to be expected. Breakfast was excellent with every conceivable food and condiment you could wish for. The leisure centre was also very good, well maintained with good facilities - just make sure you bring a swimming cap. The ground floor has a relaxed feel with a large lounge area to relax in - if you don't have small kids that is! Customer service is obviously important at this hotel, all of the staff we encountered were very friendly, attentive and professional.
Tullamore itself is a large town with good shops, plenty of cafes and very friendly people. The town park is just around the corner and is a lovely area with an excellent play park. We would also recommend a trip to Birr Castle and Athlone, both within 30 minutes drive.
Overall we would highly recommend the Tullamore Court Hotel and the local area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Tullamore C, Sales, Events and Conference Coordinator at Tullamore Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Dear Slowlygoingsenile,
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your overall experience of our Hotel, of Tullamore and the local area was a positive one! I am also delighted to hear that you found your accommodation comfortable. We endeavour to provide the highest level of customer service possible and we also pride ourselves on the standard of food that leaves our kitchens. I am also delighted to hear that you enjoyed the pool and leisure centre facilities! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future and we hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in Tullamore!