“Good Hotel with Helpful Staff!!”

Tullamore Court Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Tullamore
Ireland
“Good Hotel with Helpful Staff!!”
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here while visiting friends in Tullamore.

Check in was very friendly and efficient. Theresa who was on the desk for the duration of my stay was very helpful in calling me taxis and arranging newspapers for me.

The room was in the new part of the hotel and had a beautiful walk in shower and jacuzzi bath. The bed was very comfortable and there were plenty of extra pillows available. The toiletries were also of a good standard as well.

Dining is a bit of a mixed bag though. The restaurant food was excellent but the bar food was well below par. I was told that the bar and restaurant had two separate kitchens. Muirt, the Restaurant Manager and his team were excellent and attentive. But the bar staff were terribly unfriendly, there was always a long wait on service and there never seemed to be any manager working in the bar area at any time over my stay.

Breakfast was very good with a good selection of food on offer.

All in all the Tullamore Court is a good quality hotel with good rooms, a very good restaurant and friendly attentive staff. The bar could be better - but I'm sure they will work on this.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Tullamore C, Director of Sales at Tullamore Court Hotel, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that you received a high standard of service throughout. I am particularly delighted to hear of the service you received at reception as we endeavour to provide the highest level of customer service possible. We will take your comments on board in relation to the Bar.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel in the future and we hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in Tullamore!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Czech first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 5 nights in October for my Sisters wedding. We stayed in an executive room in the new part of the hotel and found the room to be spacious and well equipped. The hotel itself has a lot of good facilities, a well equipped gym, nice bar that serves decent food and a swimming pool with spa.
The one criticism we would have was that the rooms were quite warm and didnt have any form of air conditioning or adequate ventilation however when this was mentioned to the front desk a fan was sent up to us immediately.
All in all it was a great stay, my sisters wedding was brilliant and the staff were friendly and professional throughout our stay.
Tullamore itself is a lovely town with some great pubs and a good base to explore the midlands.

Room Tip: Was very quiet in the new section and it is away from the conference/party facilities. Quite a few w...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

I am delighted to hear our Wedding team looked after you and that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

ireland
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Our Social Club were in the Tullamore Court Hotel for the October Bank Holiday. Not having a great experience the last night I was there, I was a wee bit iffy this time round. From we arrived there on Saturday afternoon until we left on Monday lunch was just brilliant. As I have the dubious job of organising our works outings I was a bit concerned that everything would be ok, considering my previous review of the hotel. Our evening meal was booked for 8pm and it was just lovely, could not praise it enough. The young person serving our meals was charming and very efficient.There was a great buzz about the place with music in the lounge on the two nights we were there. Breakfast was self-service each morning but again very good, plenty of variety but as I dont have the full Irish breakfast, I would like to see more choice in cheeses especially Irish made and hams. Maybe a large platter presented with cheeses, hams and their lovely homemade brown bread on it. Much nicer than having a few wee samples of cheeses in a basket. The only gripe I have is, the iron wasnt working in the room and the tap in the bathroom sink was on its last legs. The housekeeper should have these items repaired before a resident moves in. We are paying good and hard earned money for these facilities and they should be working correctly. I did report the iron and was given an iron board and iron BUT IT SHOULDNT HAPPEN. Otherwise the group enjoyed their weekend away and I will definately will be back. (cant beleive I am saying that) but the craic was great.

Room Tip: Pay that little bit extra
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Many thanks for your positive review; and for taking the time to write it up on trip advisor.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that you received a high standard of service throughout. The small maintenance issues raised will certainly be looked at.

Tullamore, Ireland
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Was staying at the hotel for my daughters wedding along with numerous guests. Have no complaints what so ever. Staff were very friendly and efficient. Reception staff very welcoming and helpful. Very child friendly hotel also.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter and the rooms in the new part of the Hotel are also very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Nora, We are delighted your daughter's wedding here at The Tullamore Court Hotel was a success. Many thanks for your positive review and for taking the time to write it up on trip advisor.
Cavan
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Just spent a few days at this wonderful hotel. Situated in the centre of Tullamore this hotel has everything you need for an action-packed family break. There is a 'kids club' which I just cannot recommend enough - our 5yr old had an amazing time for hours on end and even had swimming lessons with the brilliant swim coach Dennis (thanks!). They had movies and games on everyday, trust me your kids will have a ball. There is a playzone activity centre 5mins drive away called Jumping Jacks which has all the usual kiddie stuff including crazy golf and cosmic bowling. There is a cinema withing walking distance as well as a really nice park with playground. Restaurants all seem to be 'bring your own bottle' and the bars are great craic! The hotel itself is big and rambling so lots of cosy nooks for settling down for the evening with a few drinks. Swimming pool is fab with 'water volcano', jacuzzi and sauna. There is also a spa therapy centre. Great value rooms - we got ours for 59e per night (room only) and just went to McDonalds for breakfast. If you have kids and want a nice break you just cant go wrong with this hotel, its worth the trip for the 'kids club' alone. Oh and for those of you not driving, the hotel is a ten minute walk to the train station. Will definitely be back - thanks guys!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Mike, Im delighted you and the kids made full use of all our facilities here in the Tullamore Court Hotel. On bahalf of my colleagues in the Leisure Centre, thank you for your kind comments.

We endeavour to provide the highest level of customer service possible at all times. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future .
South Barrington, Illinois
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This is rated as a 4 star hotel. It is barely a two star. Breakfast buffet is limited, have to crawl inside of cabinets to find electrical outlet, room smelled like smoke and worst of all, my bathroom faucet leaked the entire 5 night stay. I contacted the front desk immediately upon arriving and they sent up a flurry of people to tighten the faucet - only to have it continue to drip. They promised a maintenance man to come to suite every single day and when I returned back to room every evening, my faucet was still leaking. Their nightly response was to tell me the maintenance man has gone home and then sent someone up to room to once again try to tighten the faucet. I was in room 236. It would be interesting to see in years to come if others have same problem in same room. I think they have no intention of ever fixing this leaking faucet as it appears to be 50+ years old. I would not stay here again and I will be a frequent visitor to the area due to work.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tawnysue
Tullamore C, Public Relations Manager at Tullamore Court Hotel, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear Dawn,

We are disappointed that you didn’t experience our usual high level of standards and service throughout your stay. We did however offer for you to move rooms on your first contact and when this was not an option for you the maintenance team visited your room to try and fix the problem each day throughout your stay which included replacing the tap.

Please be assured that we have taken your comments on board and I would like to apologise for the problems that you experienced during your stay. We pride ourselves on the high levels of customer service we provide. Hopefully you will re consider and visit the hotel when you are in town next on business and we can welcome you to the hotel were we will be able to demonstrate the highest standards and level of service for which The Tullamore Court Hotel is known.
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here during ploughing championship for work, but have stayed a couple of times before . Room was large and comfortable if a little too warm and no apparent way of turning it down . Breakfast was fine. There are good spacious public areas if you need to meet someone.

• Stayed September 2013
Tullamore C, Public Relations Manager at Tullamore Court Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2015
Dear Stephen1970a,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to post it on Tripadvisor,
Your comment is much appreciated as we endeavour to make our guests stay an enjoyable one. We have since looked into the heating system and have implemented a system to keep the rooms at a comfortable level.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Kind regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tullamore
Bridge House Hotel, Spa and Leisure Club
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,987 reviews
The Killeshin Hotel
The Killeshin Hotel
#1 of 4 in Portlaoise

Been to Tullamore Court Hotel? Share your experiences!