“Excellent Staff !!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Tullamore Court Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Tullamore
“Excellent Staff !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

My family stayed for a weekend recently and we all had a wonderful time. Staff were an absolute credit to the Hotel - so friendly and accommodating and so professional in their dealing with us - keep it up !! Rooms were lovely as was the food . So, all in all, we would certainly
return to this hotel .

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TCH-Marketing-Dpt, Manager at Tullamore Court Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear SandiDublin,

Thank you for your lovely review and for taking time out your day to post on TripAdvisor.

We are glad you had a wonderful time here at the Tullamore Court Hotel and also delighted to hear that you were well looked after and enjoyed the services we provide as we strive to maintain the best level of customer service possible.

We hope to see you again soon and that your return visit will be just as enjoyable.

Kind regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Czech first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed as a group and must say have no complaints. Hotel was very good value for money. Staff where very friendly and attentive (especially with different people checking in at different times to the same room), while everyone was very happy with both the size and the cleanliness of the rooms. A good few of the group used the pool & other facilities as well and nobody had any complaints. Centrally located as well.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Alan C,

Firstly thank you for your review and for taking the time to post it on TripAdvisor.
We are delighted that you were happy with our rooms and facilities and its good to hear no one had any complaints. Our award winning leisure facilities and standard of customer service are two things we pride ourselves on here at the Tullamore Court Hotel and we are glad you got to experience them both.

Hope you return again soon.

Kind Regards,
Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stayed here this week for 1 night. Was great size room with everything you would need and very comforable bed. Was nice to be able to open the windows as the room was quite warm and I couldnt find any controls for heating/air confditioning. Downside to this was that I was woken at 4am by birds singing - there are worse ways to be woken I suppose!

Very good breakfast also,

Room Tip: the executive rooms have been newly modernised so may be nicer than the standard rooms
Dear CandiceDublin,

Thank you for your review and for taking the time to share it with us.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and also breakfast with us. We hope those pesky birds didn't put you off visiting us again and we welcome you back soon!

Kind regards,
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Right in the dead centre of Ireland, so very very handy for East and West coasts, the TCH is a top notch place to base yourself if you're touring/scouring the country. Excellent, spacious facilities with impeccable service and good food; you can't go wrong. Good enough for a few days away on holiday, even. Thoroughly recommend this hotel for business and leisure.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
TCH-Marketing-Dpt, Manager at Tullamore Court Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us here on Trip advisor. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take great pride in the facilities that we offer to all our residents and customers. We hope to welcome you back in the near future & be sure to speak to our Reception Team about signing up for our Corporate Loyalty Scheme.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights. The room was ok but nothing special. For some strange reason the light fittings in the bedroom and the bathroom had no cover and you can see wires hanging out which a bit sloppy for a 4 star. The food was decent in the bar/bistro but their restaurant wasn't actually open (this was a Tuesday and a Wednesday) even though they have menu's up on their website with no mention of it not being open this was a disappointment as we were planning on eating there the first night before a long work day the next day.
On the 2nd night my fiancée worked late and we only made it to the bar around 9:50 to get food the person said they had stopped serving food, it said 10pm on the menu's but we didn't want to make a big deal so we had to go back up to the room and order room service which for me was just a bit silly as I am sure the same person had to make the food. It says 10:30 on the room service menu so there should have been no issue whatsoever but when we rang for room service at 10 after walking back from the bar the answer was "I'll see if the chef is still there" which again I just felt they just didn't really go that extra yard to help us out. My fiancée had been in work for 13 hours so we just wanted to eat and this was all very annoying. I've been in 4 star places where the staff go above and beyond this was certainly not the attitude here. So that and the average room is why I have to give it an average score. I understand people want to go home but at the absolute least you would expect that a 4 star hotel stick to the times or go a few minutes over not cutting service early.

I must say the gym and pool is top class. They gym has really good well maintained equipment and I would give that area 5/5 but the other bits just really dragged the whole stay down.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank David R
Firstly we would like to apologise that your stay with us was not up to the high standard that we set for ourselves. We are sorry to hear that you were not accommodated in Bar Food as all residents are able to order food until half ten at night. Our Bar Food department have been notified of this issue and should not happen again in the future.

I also would like to thank you for your comments regarding our restaurant page on the hotel’s website. I have updated this on our website to reflect that opening days for the restaurant.

We hope that you will consider us again if you are staying in the area.

Daingean, Offaly, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

On Sat. March the 29th 2014 I attended a strictly come dancing fundraiser for Clonmore Harps GFC. In the function room the bar ' management ' would only allow plastic tumblers to drink from. I have never before had the indignity of such a request in any hotel or bar in over 3 decades of drinking. To ask any man of nearly 50 years of age to sup his Guinness in such a primitive fashion is absurd. To add insult to injury there were no tables provided to even put a drink on, so we were forced to use the floor. There was a female member of staff on duty at the bar and she found herself unable to utter a 'thank you' when she took your money. Surely a basic requirement for dealing with the public is good manners. Anyway, I insisted that I be allowed a real Guinness glass which I had brought from the main bar and so I had to use the same glass all night. Well that's it and all about it and you can be assured that I will not be attending any weddings or functions at this venue in the near future.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Stephen K
TCH-Marketing-Dpt, General Manager at Tullamore Court Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your time with us.

We have hosted many strictly come dancing events and as these events are predominately theatre style it does not allow to have tables, due to this glassware would be left on the ground or under chairs so we took the decision to use plastic. The use of plastic is only used for this type of event for everyone’s safety.

We have spoken to all female bar staff regarding this matter and agree that a thank you from any member of staff should be a given.

Should you wish to speak with me as previously requested please feel free to contact me at any time.

Regards,
Philip O'Brien
Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed here for one night recently using a Dealrush voucher. To be honest I didn't have particularly high expectations but I'm glad to say I was pleasantly surprised! I'd asked for a quiet room as I don't sleep well when away from home. We had a room on the second floor and we felt like we were the only guests in the hotel as it was so quiet. Complimentary bottled water and a teapot in the room were much appreciated and we slept soundly the whole night. The deal included mains and a glass of wine each and the food was really lovely - salmon for me and a steak( small supplement) for my husband. The only slight niggle during our stay was some banging of pipes from the heating system which was audible in our room and a slight background 'hum' as well. However It didn't interfere with our night's sleep. When checking out I mentioned it to Rebekka at reception who enquired as to our stay. She apologised and thanked me for bringing it to her attention, saying she'd ensure the maintenance section got it sorted out. In fact all of the staff were really friendly. We will definitely return here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 4Kate1960
Thank you for reviewing us here on trip advisor, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Rebekka notified our maintenance department about the banging pipes in the hotel. This issue is being looked into and will be dealt with in the near future. Thank you again for you kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Catherine Killeen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tullamore
Bridge House Hotel, Spa and Leisure Club
Hodson Bay Hotel
Hodson Bay Hotel
#5 of 9 in Athlone
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,932 reviews

Been to Tullamore Court Hotel? Share your experiences!