“Elegant and classy hotel”

Bridge House Hotel, Spa and Leisure Club
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Tullamore
Buckley, Washington
“Elegant and classy hotel”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My mother and all 7 of us adult kids stayed here for our last 2 nights in Ireland. Unfortunately we arrived along with a huge conventions from Tullamore Dew Whiskey company. Fortunately the staff was very professional and got us into rooms as fast as humanly possible. They could have been a bit more friendly but completely understandable for as busy as they were.
Did not swim at the pool (everyone must wear little bathing caps...really?) but the pool looked clean and beautiful.
Our room was nice sized, clean and comfortable. Nothing above and beyond, but comfortable.
My only problem was the lack of wi-fil in the rooms the 1st day and they incomprehension that more people than just me were having difficulties getting a connection.

The best thing about the hotel was the décor - beautiful! and the food in the dining room - Amazing!
Breakfast was pretty light, but mostly because I just didn't feel like anything cooked.
We loved the fact that the location is close to just about everything in Tullamore! We walked all over and it was easy to find our way back.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Lolo_Moana_Wahine
Louise L, Front Office Manager at Bridge House Hotel, Spa and Leisure Club, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review following your stay with us, we really do appreciate it.
We are delighted that you and your Family enjoyed your visit to The Bridge House Hotel and look forward in welcoming you all all back in the very near future.

Rooms Division Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
kildare
Reviewed 9 September 2013

my daughters wedding was held in The Bridge House on 6/9/13 I cant say enough good things about the staff, they were extremely helpful i would like say that the staff helped make our special day a fantastic one . As well a few family and friends stayed for a couple of nights after the wedding and enjoyed the great facilities of the hotel I would like to highly recommend the Bridge House and their staff to future guests Alan Kildare .

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank alan d
Dear Alan,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your Daughters Wedding at The Bridge House Hotel. It was our pleasure to host Michelle & Raymond's special day.
I do hope that we will have the pleasure in welcoming you and your Family back to The Bridge House Hotel in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I booked a deal for this hotel on Deal rush so I wasn't expecting it to be all that great. But I was very surprised. We got a HUGE room, 5 beds (1 double, 4 singles and a baby cot) And there were only 4 of us, 2 adults and 2 babies under 3 years.
The staff I could not praise enough. The girl on check-in (sorry I can't remember her name) was so nice and helpful. Paula, who served breakfast was an absolute lady, Colm in the snooker room what a gent. The list goes on... Every staff member made a huge effort....
Swimming pool is lovely, the outdoor hydro pool is amazing....
Food was gorgeous - the bar food especially was so reasonable.
A few reviews on this site would really put you off staying here but I can honestly say this is one of the best hotels I have stayed in in Ireland. Of course I could nit pick and say there wasn't a bulp working in one of the lamps, and the curtains were old fashioned and blah blah blah....Overall it is a fantastic hotel and I will be taking a tip back very soon.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Leemcp2013
Louise L, Front Office Manager at Bridge House Hotel, Spa and Leisure Club, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for posting your review following your visit to The Bridge House Hotel.
We are all delighted that you and your Family enjoyed your stay and really look forward in welcoming you all back again in the near future.

Dublin
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

I attended a weekend special event with a number of my gal pals and we had a fabulous time. The staff are really very helpful and the service is great. The downside to the hotel is that certain common areas are a little bit worn and tired could do with being updated. The Italian resturant has lovely food but can get very busy. Overall we had a great time although the alcohol can be a bit over priced in the music venue bar the two bands we saw on the Friday and Saturday nights.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank redheadd12
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following you visit to The Bridge House Hotel.
We are all delighted that you enjoyed your weekend, indeed it was a pleasure to have you all stay with us. We take all comments seriously and always act on each and every one. Hopefuly, we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back again in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stayed at this hotel for the weekend for my daughters Hens party. The hotel staff went out of their way to accommodate us as thirty of us travelled down for the weekend. Rooms spotless, staff friendly and professional. The dinner on the Saturday night was excellent along with the service. The entertainment in the hotel and the adjoining bar made our weekend very enjoyable as we danced the night away. I would highly recommend this hotel for its great service as they seem to cater for all. Although I did not use the Spa in the hotel, some of the party who did avail of the service had an enjoyable experience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank 522JMC
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review following your stay with us recently.
We are delighted that you and your Daughter enjoyed your weekend.
It was our pleasure to have you all stay at The Bridge House Hotel, we look forward in welcoming you all back again in the near future. I can only imagine the fun that will be had at the up-coming Wedding!.

Geraldine,
Ireland
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Just had another meal at The Bridge House hotel and it was first class. I ordered a half portion of the beef for €8.00 which is great value. The food is great, staff very polite, plenty of space. In comparison to the 'food' at the Hollyrood Hotel, Bundoran, Co Donegal (don't even think of eating there!!) which I will give -10, Bridge House +10!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jimmi6791
Dear James,

Thank you for posting your review following your visit to The Bridge House Hotel.
We are all delighted that you enjoyed your time here and that you found our food to be "first class".
Our Food Services is one of the many things that The Bridge House Hotel is famous for.
I do hope that we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back again in the near future.

Navan, Ireland
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed here with my 3 daughters aged 1, 5 & 7 in July fot 2 nights. Hotel has a fantastic reception area and in general the public areas were spotless. Our room was spacious but had no air con lucky I brought my own fan! Also I felt the room needed updating in several areas. The kids club was excellent all staff at leisure centre really helpful and friendly. Sadly the whole leisure centre including the ghastly changing rooms (filthy) needs an entire deep clean.. the only reason I gave a low score was that on arrival I was met with a seriously unfriendly and rude receptionist, think Adele or something similar was her name. As it was 1pm (I knew we were early and apologised for being so) she immedietely and very sternly told me that check in was not until 4pm. This was before she should have at least welcomed us to the hotel, which she didn't once!. I told her I didnt think it was that late and she replied "your wrong, most hotels are 4pm" !! She did not advise me about the car park or kids club and left me feeling that I had chosen the wrong hotel for our mini breakaway. There was one outstanding staff member in the bar area Sean or Liam I think his name reddish hair, absolutely brilliant service and always rushed of his feet. Food great, whole place let down by dirty areas in leisure centre, mainetance issues in room and above all miss rude at reception.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank spacey3
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post the review following your stay with us in July.
I am delighted that you enjoyed most aspects of our Hotel and take on board all comments regarding our Staff and facilities. We appreciate all feedback, good and negative. I do hope that we will have the pleasure in welcoming you and your Family back to The Bridge House Hotel in the near future and I can assure you of the highest standards and services .

Rooms Division Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tullamore
Tullamore Court Hotel
Hodson Bay Hotel
#5 of 9 in Athlone
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,983 reviews
County Arms Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Bridge House Hotel, Spa and Leisure Club? Share your experiences!