“Best Hotel For a Weekend Away”

and 1 more site!
Bridge House Hotel, Spa and Leisure Club
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Tullamore
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Out of all the hotels me and my family have been in for weekends away, The Bridge House Hotel was by far the best location that catered for all our needs. With a family whos ages range from 1 to 70, there was something to entertain for all. The spa and leisure facilities were excellent with the hydro pool being the main attraction for us all. Our dinners in the Balcone Italiane and the restaurant for the residents were absolutely gorgeous. Definitely ate our fill and wasn't in search for more. Very Tasty. For nightlife, there was something for everyone, the residents bar along with the Palace nightclub kept us going throughout the night. Busy and plenty of people to keep the craic going. Excellent Night! The hotel was toasty and the staff were very accommodating to us all. There will be no issue in deciding where we will book again for next years gathering. Thumbs Up for the Bridge House Hotel, Tullamore.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ncunn650
Louise L, Front Office Manager at Bridge House Hotel, Spa and Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for posting your review following your stay with us recently.

We really enjoyed having you and your family stay at The Bridge House Hotel and look forward in welcoming you all back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I stayed here for a night with my mother. We dined in the restaurant and also went to the spa. To put it short and sweet, the spa and leisure are needs a good scrub! Including the changing area, it's tired and rusty and needs some attention. Our dinner was an experience and not a good one. The food was average, but the service was below average. The two staff members shouted jokes, jibes and Slags at each other over our desert/tea and coffee, which everyone had to also listen to every word! Then before even beginning the coffee they began the clear and set up for breakfast as if people weren't even in the restaurant!! I could go on about the breakfast and stuffy/noisy rooms but it's been said numerous times. Such a pity for a central location and nice looking hotel/lobby. When u get to experience it, you discover it's lost all of it's appeal, with disinterested staff and no supervision of any description. The morning of checking out the receptionist, a blonde girl, simply asked our room number, snapped the credit card out of my hand and handed the receipt with something mumbled. With no, how was your stay or thank you for coming!! Enough said- won't be visiting again!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
Louise L, Front Office Manager at Bridge House Hotel, Spa and Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review following your recent stay with us.
I am really disappointed to read your comments and would welcome the opportunity to
discuss the matter directly with you. Please contact me at 057 9325600 .

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I was at a wedding so had the package deal which was reasonible. The rooms were clean ,plenty of tea and coffee provided.The pool was lovely to swim as it is quite large.The staff were very patient and helpful. The breakfast was not the best ive eaten ,having ordered pancakes they came with parsley sprinkled all over ?,and the fried breakfast was greasy.But a pleasant family weekend.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lollypop2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your visit to The Bridge House Hotel.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay but we are disappointed that you did not enjoy breakfast. I have passed on your comments to our Food Services Manager who takes all comments very seriously. Hopefully we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

My hen took place in tullamore 2 weeks ago and we stayed in the bridge house had our meal and had the vip section in their night club. I have to say it was fantastic from start to finish. Geraldine on reception who checked us in so efficiently and was so helpful and friendly even though there was 26 of us she managed to get us all sorted so quick. To christy who welcomed us and provided the vip section in the nite club where we had our own bar, dance floor looking down on the main dance floor and plenty of seating for our tired feet lol. To marie and teresa in the restaurant whos service was out standing and the food was hot fresh and so taste and we all got served together. The rooms were spotless and airy and the pool and spa the next morning was just what we need after a fab breakfast. The changing rooms were so clean and warm. I cant say enough about the whole experience. Thank you so much for making it so memorable for me and my friends, their still talkin about it. Thanks Xx

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Moandliam

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review following your recent stay with us.
It was our pleasure to have you and your Friends stay at The Bridge House Hotel and to help make your "Hen Weekend "a memorable experience. I have passed on your good wishes to Marie, Theresa & Christy. I do hope that we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Stopped in to the Bridge Hotel for lunch. even though it was nearly two pm the place was very busy.
There seemed to be plenty of hot food available. However I was just looking for a sandwich and some coffee.
The staff I met were all pleasant.I ordered a Chicken and tomato sandwich toasted and a black coffee.I paid and was told that it would be delivered to me at the table.
Many of the tables were occupied. All those that were not has dirty dishes on them. I finally settled on one that had several used cups on it.
It took quite a while for my sandwich to arrive. When it did the waitress cleared the table and the one next to me.
The sandwich was good. Plenty of chunky chicken. Served with salad leaves and some coleslaw.
The coffee was adequate. At seven euros and five cents the price was average.On the way out I popped into the ladies restroom. It was very clean ,soap and hot water. hand driers all fine. I would try this place again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Travellslow18

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your visit.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your lunch and look forward in welcoming you back again in the very near future.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Writing this at 4am after a second night of disturbed sleep. Hotel seems to be very noisey at night with little effort put in my the nightstaff to keep boistrous guests from disturbing others. Residents bar seems never to close and singing revellers are not curtailed. Rooms have no air conditioning, no extraction fans in bathrooms, and are small and require modernising. Service in the restaurant was terrible. Yesterday morning we had to wait 45 mins for our included breakfast. Earlier this evening, the hotel left my party 2 places short for our booked meal. To sum up, would we stay again? No way. Would I recommend? Not to a friend.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank stephenssurprise

Dear Stephen,

Thank you for posting the review following your stay with us .
We are very disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience experienced. We would welcome another opportunity to demonstrate the high standards and services that our Guests normally receive . We would like to offer you a FREE Suite up-grade on your next visit. Please contact Emma or myself on making your reservation.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

We stayed in this hotel with a group of friends, we had over 30 rooms between us. Fantastic service from all the staff they couldn't do enough for us. Rooms and food excellent. Lovely spa area. I would recommend this hotel highly

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ALANMURF

Dear Alan,

Thank you so much for posting your review following your stay with us in September.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to The Bridge House Hotel and look forward in welcoming all of you back in the very near future.

Rooms Division Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tullamore
Tullamore Court Hotel
Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone
Hodson Bay Hotel
Hodson Bay Hotel
#5 of 9 in Athlone

Been to Bridge House Hotel, Spa and Leisure Club? Share your experiences!