Bridge House Hotel, Spa and Leisure Club
  • Restaurant
Roundwood House(Mountrath)
Newbury Hotel(Mullingar)
1,300 results
All reviewsitalian restaurantmain barcharleville restaurantwould highly recommend this hotelfrom start to finishwedding receptioncourse mealout of this worldtop classfantastic hotelresidents barnext morningwedding venuecentre of townreception areagreat atmospheregreat weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed for a spa overnight with 3 friends. Spa treatments were good but relaxation room a bit small. Staff very pleasant and helpful. Very disappointed in the restaurant - which came highly recommended. Of the 4 meals ordered, one was inedible, 1 was flavourless, 1 average and only one of us totally enjoyed our meal.our .

Room Tip: We had rooms on the uneven side and that was ok, It was very a very windy night and the windows on the even side rattled and kept our friends awake.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Christine C
Louise L, Customer Service Team at Bridge House Hotel, Spa and Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review The Bridge House Hotel,

Many thanks for the review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us.

Needless to say I was disappointed to read your comments however, I would like to offer some clarity.
I am currently reviewing the Restaurant menu and the new menu will be in situ over the coming weeks.
We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed here in December for a family wedding. I know Ireland is cold but the rooms at this hotel were like ovens. We turned off the radiator in our room and opened the window as far as we could, about 6 inches, and slept on top of the bed clothes - we were still boiling. Not even a bottle of water in the room. We would have bought it if it was offered.
Went to have a shower to find out no conditioner was supplied. Rang reception to be told I could buy some.
Breakfast, when we found the dining room, was ok.
Room was clean but tiny - 4.5 stars I don't think so.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review The Bridge House Hotel,

I am bitterly disappointed to read your recent review and want to start by apologizing for failing to deliver the high standards of service we set for ourselves and clearly failing to meet your expectations.
I hope you will accept my personal assurance that your experience is not indicative of the high service levels we strive to and do achieve so consistently (as can be attested from the many positive comments we receive) and I can assure you that we will use your feedback to close these gaps in our service as a matter of the utmost priority.

Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Spent the weekend in the bridge house and stayed in one of the suites. The resteraunt was beautiful and very well priced and the pub had a great band and was good Craic. Very enjoyable weekend in great surroundings. I was pleasantly surprised with ye stay and will be back again!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Happy Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at The Bridge House Hotel.
The Team here endeavour to provide each of our guests with a wonderful stay and I am really delighted that you had such a good time. They will be thrilled to read your review and thank you for all your kind words.

Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Just back from my 3rd visit to The Bridge House, once again the staff hospitality was top class.
The hotel is central to everything but to be honest you do not need to leave the hotel for anything which was great as the weather was exceptionally bad
I love that breakfast is cooked to order and not buffet style
A problem with our dinner was rectified and compensated across our group and this was communicated to the front desk staff who knew about it at check out.
This hotel, with they're staff, food, leisure/Spa and entertainment caters for every visitor, definitely worth a visit and is fast becoming my bolt hole in the country

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Louise L, Customer Service Team at Bridge House Hotel, Spa and Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review following your recent visit to The Bridge House Hotel.

We are delighted that we managed to impress you so much and thank you for your comments on our service and our staff.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I don't normally write reviews but after having such an enjoyable night for my 30th, I think it's the least I could do to thank the friendly staff at The Front Bar in The Bridge House Hotel for organising a stress free super night for me, my friends & family. In particular, I found Ian and Martina very helpful, they organised a reserved area for us and made sure that we were well looked after for the night. The atmosphere in the bar was electric, there was a live band followed by dj playing all the hits, we all had sore feet and barely any voices left the next day, from all the singing and dancing that we done! I had friends down from Dublin for the night and they are still raving about how good the night was!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Louise L, c at Bridge House Hotel, Spa and Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of The Bridge Bar, We are delighted that we managed to impress you so much and thank you for your comments,

I shall also pass your lovely comments to both staff name and staff name, they will be so pleased

Thank you again and I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.