“Definitely the best surf school in Sligo and the west coast,... Great place to learn surf & SUP at any level” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Perfect Day Surf School

Perfect Day Surf School
Ranked #3 of 26 Tours in County Sligo
More attraction details
Owner description: Perfect Day Surf School is located in Strandhill, Sligo. Established in 1998, we specialise in small group and individual surf lessons, woman only lessons, childrens summer camps, stag and hen parties, special needs groups and school tours. Our unique 1 to 5 instructor to student radio maximises the safety, coaching and fun aspect of learning how to surf. Also offering SUP (Stand up Paddle)lessons and tours.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I bought my first surf board from Tom 14 years ago and have watched Perfect Day grow over the years having had my first surf lessons with them back in 2002. They are a fantastic surf school and Tom is a real inspiration as he lives his dream and shares his passion for life outdoors with all.
Last week I had so much fun trying out SUP on a super beautiful lake on the Saturday, that I decided to go back out with Tom & another group on the Sunday to soak up more of it's natural beauty and peaceful energy. SUP is a really fun way to enjoy the surf when there are no waves. Tom is a great coach and quickly taught all the basics and built the groups confidence. I really loved paddling round Bz's island and hearing the local folklore. Very relaxing time outdoors. Definitely recommend trying it out with Perfect Day if u like water and nature :)

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Niamhryan14

Dublin, Ireland
“Great afternoon SUP”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had organised a surf lesson about 2 weekends ago with Tom for my stag trip, we had about 15 lads who where up for it. Unfortunately there was no surf that day, the water was perfectly flat so as an alternative Tom organised some stand-up paddle boarding in a lake very close to Sligo. This probably worked out better than the surfing because everyone was able to manage the paddle boarding, including the dads, which wouldn't of happened if we had ended up surfing. Tom along with his son and daughter (both of whom where great fun and very helpful) gave us a two hour lesson on the lake and couldn't of been better. Everyone in our party loved it, they gave everyone loads of time to make sure that we got the most out of it and all our there gear (wet suits, boards, lift vests, etc) where top quality. I have no problems recommending these guys to any stag, hen, school groups, families, basically any group who are up for trying something new and having a laugh. I thought it was great value for a busy 2 hours on the water. Im planning on going back.

Visited June 2014
County Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It was a perfect day!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Tom the instructor was great! He was patient and informative. He clearly loves what he does and I envy that.We spent some time practising, then went onto some windy choppy water but the overall experience is excellent and I would highly recommend this with Tom.

Visited May 2014
Sligo
“Fantastic Sunday afternoon!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

We booked an afternoon SUP on the Lough Gill with Perfect Day last week end. Tom and Alicia were very nice to us as some of us were a bit hangover, but the trip on the lake had clear our heads in no time. We had some great fun as well as discovering a bit of the local history.. Keep the good work... ( I would love to have a job like this!!!!! ;-p)

Visited April 2014
Dublin, Ireland
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Just excellent !
The scenery, the people, the lessons!!!!
100% pure adrenaline!

Sunday afternoons lesson. We went from Halfmoon Bay across the lake to Beezies Island.The lake looked like mirror, it was breathtaking! The sun was shining. It was our pre-stag, was deadly!

What a Perfect Day for a hangover :P