“A rip off”
Review of Yeats Village

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sligo
Yeats Village
Ranked #17 of 22 Speciality Lodging in Sligo
Galway, Ireland
“A rip off”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed for one week in a two bedroom apartments in Yeats Village. The cost of my stay was €630 cash up front - for myself and two small children which of course is outrageous in the first place. This is student accommodation-(two bedrooms) during the academic year . However being up for the Fleadh Cheoil which is one of the biggest events of the year in the country I was happy to pay the price as I thought that at the very least the place would be clean and comfortable. How wrong I was. Before I opened the front door I realised I had made a huge mistake. The door itself (and windows) were covered in cobwebs, dirt and a disgusting looking white stain which covered the door and was left to dry into the wood. I opened the door to be overpowered by a stench of dampness and dirt. Although the place looked tidy it was covered in cobwebs and I cannot stress how bad the place smelled. The cutlery and utensils were sticky to the touch - so we dared not cook or hardly eat there. There was no vacuum cleaner or iron. There was a mop and bucket in a cupboard which should have been thrown out years ago. Even the remote control for the tv was sticky along with the batteries which kept falling out of it. Indeed we only ever went back to the apartment to sleep as we dreaded the place so much. The carpets in the bedrooms were stained and paint in the bathroom ceiling was peeling off. There was rust on the door of the refrigerator. The so called two seater couches were so uncomfortable and one was actually broken where it could be pulled to show the screws which held the top if it in place. The walls were so thin that I could hear a lot of what was going on in the apartment above. The only plus was that the water was piping hot and plenty of heat in the place and the location - but for the price I paid the least I expected was cleanliness.

Im sure this complex was booked out for the week - or for the weekend at least. Alot of American tourists stayed in the area and I just hope they did not experience what we did. If so as an Irish person I apologise them for this as Yeats Village is not worthy of the outrageous prices they charged. This left a sour taste in my mouth and definitely will not be returning.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Murcia
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Unconfortable chair during all year when there was free confortables chairs in the laundry.
Not deposit yet since 3 months ago.
Full of water in my shower that i needed to clean for my self after 1 hour :S
Really expensive laundry for all the students.
Some students annoying throwing stuffs to other apartaments in the meddle of the night.
The office people came to our house without knock the door and open all your stuffs in the comun places.
But the apartaments are nice!, the new people in the office are really good, it very close to the IT..
I hope help for the next students in take a good decision!!

Stayed August 2014
Naas, Ireland
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed in yeats village two years ago and was very happy. Returned Summer 2013 bringing two more people with me. We were given an absolutely filthy apartment. I went out and bought sheets to put on the couch and chairs they were so dirty. I couldn't sleep in the bed provided as it gave me the creeps and for the next night I booked into a hotel. None of this was as frustrating as the service I received at front office. I had arrived on Aug bank holiday weekend and was stonewalled the whole way in my request for a change of apt. Not once did Patricia come and look at the apt or show any signs of caring. I was told it was cleaned to standard. The constant excuse was that the manager was at a conference and could not be contacted no matter what!! Eventually , having missed two lovely, sunny days of my holiday while being strung along we were given an upgrade. To be fair, this apartment was perfect, extremely clean,and up to standard. I had booked long before Aug and foolishly had paid in advance as they insist so I would have had no come back if they had persisted with blocking me. I complained to the tourist board. There were many visitors from America ther at the time for the yeats festival. I just hope none of them had the same experience as I. The room we booked was provided as being suitable for one of the party who would have had difficulty using a stairs. Was this why we were given a sub-standard apt. I will not be chancing going there again but believe me it is because of the manner of the service and lack of help when we had a complaint.

Room Tip: Don't ask for disabled friendly. Don't arrive on a bank holiday weekend.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank 495SileN

Travellers are raving about these Sligo hotels

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Stayed in Yeats village with young family in Aug 2013. We could not fault it, as it was spacious comfortable and spotless. Very good value We found the staff very friendly and helpful. We will be returning !!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank yvo71
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Booked the 5 bedroom house for a week during July for the family. Staff on site very friendly and most helpful. The house was clean, lots of space and well equipped kitchen etc. Great location for exploring Sligo/Leitrim/Donegal area. Thumbs up from all the family!

3 Thank SBSmullen
Oldcastle
Reviewed 4 August 2013

This was a good choice as a base for travelling to various places of interest in the area and was very good value. The accommodation was spacious and had everything you would need during your stay. For me the downside was firstly the slightly uncomfortable beds and although it wasn't a major problem at this time of year, there was a good deal of evidence of dampness in the apartment we occupied. There was a damp smell in some of the bedrooms and some mould spots on the walls, ceilings and on the back of some of the curtains which is not good in what is so obviously quite a recently built development.

Meath, Ireland
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stayed here in Jul/Aug 2013 as a family. We had a GrabOne voucher which made it a very reasonable price. Our daughter is a wheelchair user and when I mentioned this when making the booking we were immediately offered a ground floor wheelchair accessible apartment, which was very helpful. The apartment was plenty big enough for our needs, we don't spend our holidays sitting around in accommodation, we just use it as a base. The place was very clean overall with the exception of the oven which was filthy and smoked a lot whenever it was switched on. One shower did not work properly but as there were 3 bathrooms and only 3 of us we managed just fine. However, there was a noticeable smell of damp in each bedroom and evidence of same on walls. We paid €250 for a 7 night stay in peak season which we were very happy with. Very quiet and peaceful, we found the beds quite uncomfortable however, so quality of sleep wasn't great despite the lack of noise. If you are looking for cheap easy accommodation this could work well for you, but I feel the place needs to be better maintained. Staff on check in were pleasant.

1 Thank Tracey H