“Horrible food, bad atmosphere”
Review of Kings Chinese Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Kings Chinese Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Sligo, Ireland
“Horrible food, bad atmosphere”
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We have tried all the chinese restaurants in Sligo and this one is by far the worst.
The food was bad and the place looks awful, feels grubby and unwelcoming.

There are much better chinese restaurants in Sligo, be sure not to choose this one.

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank Jannie77

Roscommon, Roscommon, Ireland
“very disappointing”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I was with my friend for a girls weekend away and here was the only sit down chinese restaurant we could find on our arrival in sligo. We were appalled at the way the staff were dressed ie too casual for a restaurant, they were not friendly and one member was on her mobile chatting to a friend, the restaurant is rather shabby and the tray for keeping our food warm was dirty. We only had the main course, the food was ok but not what you would expect for the price. I will be staying in sligo again in the near future but will be looking for a different restaurant.

• Visited July 2012
“Bland”
Reviewed 8 July 2012 via mobile

Ordered from here last weekend. Food was bland no taste to it at all. When I rang it was the usual girl that answered she's not a bit polite makes you feel like your after disturbing her, she has a very bad attitude. Delivery lady was lovely. Standard of food n here is well below average

1 Thank martin4d
Galway, Ireland
“Terrible, stale smelling place!”
Reviewed 20 June 2012 via mobile

Ordered a take away over the Phone, when I came to collect it there was a stale smell not fresh or even smelling of Chinese food! There was nobody in the restaurant expect one drunk man eating a take away!he seemed to be friends with the staff member, there was a delivery lady who was jumping around the place like it was a playground she actually stood on a chair at one point looking to see how the waitress was making a baileys coffee, also staff spoke very unapproiately while I sat & waited with my friend we were discusted! They joked how they drink baileys coffees while they are working! They used fowl language & spoke about customers who ordered over the phone for delivery! They were not friendly, the waitress was completely over dressed but had no friendliness, The food was very disappointing chill beef was just deep fried strips of fat in sauce! My prawns were not cooked through they were cold in the middle, my friend rand to complain and was put on hold she could hear laughing & just hung up! Really not Sligos best wonder!

2 Thank glitterbugsligo
Sligo
“Avoid like the plague-repulsive!”
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I ate here mith a friend on Thursday 29th of March.The restaurant was empty apart from us.The room was cold.The waiting staff wore leisure gear and chomped prawn crackers between courses.We paid €12 for a shared starter of duck pancakes-with 4 pancakes.We were charged €1 for extras.My main course had weird tasting prawns(never a good sign!)served in gloop.A shared dessert was a dried out funny tasting piece of cake with ice-cream that had shards of ice in it.Avoid at all costs.

• Visited March 2012